Antonio Brown

Kansas Football.
Deleted User 62

Antonio Brown

Post by Deleted User 62 »

When the Raiders traded for him, I thought..."he might never play for them".

Raiders have to feel cursed.
Deleted User 266

Re: Antonio Brown

Post by Deleted User 266 »

Raiders knew they were getting a head case.
Only curse the Raiders have in regards to Brown is the one they put on themselves.
I believe he has too much pride not to play. We shall see. Stay tuned.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Buddy of mine, who is from Pittsburgh simply told me...'I'm glad he is somebody else's problem.'

Eventually the Raiders are going to ask themselves is the juice worth the squeeze. AB is essentially doing what he did his last couple of years with the Steelers. There were players rules and then there were AB rules. If Gruden is trying to rebuild the culture and character around the Raiders the last thing I would want is a guy like AB. First class HoF on the field but lately his act has gotten ridiculous.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

"Is the juice worth the squeeze?"

This is the NFL. Some kooky guy that wants to wear a certain helmet is an issue but the guys who beat up their wives and kids are not?

Of course, there is a sliding scale, too. Is there a better WR than AB? Maybe 1?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I mean, I think he is probably the 5th best WR in the NFL behind Hopkins, Jones, Michael Thomas and OBJ but that's beside the point.

He's a mess, always has been. He's got this weird dynamic. Underrated out of HS. Played at Central Michigan (Played in the 07 game at Kansas when KU won by like 50) a 6th round pick and mostly was drafted because of his punt return abilities. With tons of work and a pretty good QB, he worked his way up to be one of the best WR in the NFL. There weren't many WR with better statistics from 2014-2017. But last year was a step down and he's now 31, on the downside of his career.

There is some question as to whether Big Ben made him great and his personality is a big turn off for many.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I think he has tools to stay relevant in his 30's since he's not a straight burner. Good route running goes a long way a la Fitz.

Let's say you put him 5th (which is low), that's All-NFL elite. They'll put up with anything at that level. It's also the easiest league to weather a tricky personality.

How many NBA teams could deal with someone like Talib or Marcus Peters, and those guys have awards galore and Super Bowl caps.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Come on now, CnB don't start that argument, lol. The NFL is the NFL. From a players perspective, whether you agree with it or not they make and decide the rules. If AB doesn't like that he can walk away.

No one is going to challenge his skills or work ethic. He is an ELITE overall talent not just as a WR. But if I'm Gruden I'm seriously considering whether his headaches are worth it especially considering what Gruden is trying to build. Dude hasn't even played a snap in training camp and he is already a NIGHTMARE. Imagine what could happen if the Raiders are 4-10 in November. You think AB is going to be a solid locker room presence?
AB has the personality, both good and bad to drive a stake right through your locker room. Look what he did in Pittsburgh. Consistently late, didn't pay attention in team meetings, etc. but when you got him on the field it was a completely different ball game. He is the modern version of T.O.

AB is a top five WR in the league right now but those impressive numbers he has put has got him what in regards to team accomplishments?
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

It’s a lot of HBO drama right now. I’m willing to bet that a top 5 WR makes it on to the field and the team gladly takes the 10 TD’s.

Peters is pretty relevant here bc his real knock is that he was a giant pain in the ass. But, be real chiefs fan, you’d take him back in a heartbeat, weather the storm and wear your super bowl champ shirt.
noosh

Post by noosh »

NFL is a league big on karma. This dude's ACL/MCL combo gonna snap at some point this season. Book it.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Knuckleheads will always be knuckleheads.