next soccer question

Other Sports.
Deleted User 141

Re: next soccer question

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Almost zero separation btw 2-7th place. Timbers should easily make it in end. Their goofy schedule bc of renovations to stadium.

I’m looking forward to this year’s playoffs. Should be nice for them not to be convoluted across 3 months.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Rapids are so shitty, not much for me to follow most of time.

Fortunately, out of Tim Howard deal after this year, will be nice to get a striker, but I won’t hold breath.

Coolest part of season as Rapids fan....guy in FB fan group,from Italy. As group, many gave a small amount to get him over here for a game. He’s here right now to see two games.

Too bad, though, that Dick’s is one of worst stadiums in league.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Typical Wiz loss last night. Up in 2nd half. Give up a goal to tie late in the 2nd and then lose with just seconds remaining literally.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yup.
That may be the final nail.
Needed a point.
noosh

Post by noosh »

Fire Vermes. Seriously. Great guy, has done amazing things. But it's time for a fresh start.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Too drastic. He needs to bring in an assistant to help retool the offense.

He’s too good at team management and development to get rid of him.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

In other news, USA gets stomped by Mexico.
noosh

Post by noosh »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:07 am Too drastic. He needs to bring in an assistant to help retool the offense.

If he'd be willing to give up control as technical director, i'd be happy keeping him. But I dont see that happening at this point so i'm assuming at some point this ends with him gone. The question is will SKC brass let this drag on a few more years? I love the guy's desire to form SKC in the mold ofthe really beautiful styles of some of Europe's best, but MLS is still just about brute force. Bang long balls in and get some south americans with a nose for goal to tap in the ricochet. This possession style game playing from the back is really great soccer but even if we had the guys for it...winning 1-0 isn't going to be consistently effective in MLS. This league is quickly turning into a race to 3 or 4 goals and that ain't the Vermes way.

Also...time to celebrate guys like Zusi and Besler for their careers but gotta cut that cord PRONTO.
Last edited by noosh on Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noosh

Post by noosh »

pdub wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:43 am In other news, USA gets stomped by Mexico.
That's not news. Par for the course.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

noosh wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:57 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:07 am Too drastic. He needs to bring in an assistant to help retool the offense.

If he'd be willing to give up control as technical director, i'd be happy keeping him. But I dont see that happening at this point so i'm assuming at some point this ends with him gone. The question is will SKC brass let this drag on a few more years? I love the guy's desire to form SKC in the mold ofthe really beautiful styles of some of Europe's best, but MLS is still just about brute force. Bang long balls in and get some south americans with a nose for goal to tap in the ricochet. This possession style game playing from the back is really great soccer but even if we had the guys for it...winning 1-0 isn't going to be consistently effective in MLS. This league is quickly turning into a race to 3 or 4 goals and that ain't the Vermes way.

Also...time to celebrate guys like Zusi and Besler for their careers but gotta cut that cord PRONTO.
Hard to disagree with any of that.
noosh

Post by noosh »

I will say I do think vermes is great and think the guy is an MLS legend. We have experienced some amazing stuff under him, but I watch a shit ton of soccer and don't see his style being effective in today's MLS. It is definitely serviceable and SKC will never be a complete abortion playing his way, but this is turning into a Dutch and German style league, i.e. high goal-scoring. I really wish vermes would have gotten the USMNT gig because I do think his style of play would translate pretty well in Intl play...or at least I'd like to see how it would go. I think the best next move for him would be getting the HC gig in a lower tier domestic Euro league (Portugal, Denmark, etc) or a second division top tier league (France, Italy, Spain...or even a Championship side in England but that seems really unlikely).
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:35 pm
noosh wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:57 pm

Hard to disagree with any of that.
I honestly sat back and said that’s the most coherent thing Noosh has ever said. Don’t see much wrong in that statement at all.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

noosh

Post by noosh »

Dont worry, ol NOOSH will be back trolling and just talking bullshit in no time. but soccer is my true passion brosefinos so every once in a while i gotta GET FUCKIN REAL!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

How bad does the USA get stomped tonight?
Another 3-0 loss kinda deal?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Depends on their lineup.

Think it's probably a 3-1 defeat.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Caught a few minutes. US looking really good so far early

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Watched some highlights.
Looked better.
I think Jordan Morris needs to be involved, whether he starts or comes off the bench.

Let's hope getting some playing time convinces Dest to stick with the USA instead of Holland.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Morris is just such an odd player..

He seems chubby and slow and doesn't seem like he could be a good player, but then he ALWAYS seems to find the ball at his feet close enough to score multiple times per game.

noosh

Post by noosh »

Morris is this generation's Wondo
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Wizards miss the playoffs for the first time in eight seasons.