KU basketball expected to face multiple major violation allegations from NCAA:

Kansas Basketball.
NDballer13

Re: KU basketball expected to face multiple major violation allegations from NCAA:

Post by NDballer13 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:28 am if they're so objectively worried about the "six" schools that violated the rules, how come they haven't even sniffed the Zion rumblings?
They did. Duke did an internal investigation and told the NCAA it was "all good" about 2 hours after the dude said he has proof Nike paid Zion. And that was good enough.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: KU basketball expected to face multiple major violation allegations from NCAA:

Post by jfish26 »

Mike DeCourcy was just on 810 for about a half hour. Highly recommend searching out the podcast when it’s posted.

He made a number of interesting points, among which is the fundamental inconsistency of the NCAA apparently giving credence to trial testimony that supports allegations, but not giving credence to trial testimony that Self didn’t know.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

That is a good point. They picked the parts that supported their cause for the NOA.

And as DeCourcy wrote last year, if the NCAA goes after Kansas, expect Kansas to not be an easy victim. Long and Co know what they're doing and they will fight like hell to make sure that they get their point across.

It's just worrisome that this is still mostly in the hands of the NCAA.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

If I am the athletic director, I would open up the vault, hire Shook Hardy & Bacon, and tell the NCAA to saddle up and fuck off.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

They always hit Kansas because they assume it will be easy to go high dudgeon against flyover central. It is just harder to do well. You have to fight for official’s calls, NCAA justice and fairness in recruiting. Schools with axes to grind against the decades of BB success will be part of the penalty phase. The NCAA was not supposed to use/have the criminal case evidence against Adidas reps against schools, as that was not the intention of the prosecution. I think I summon Avenatti and others for a public spectacle of what the NCAA truly believes and pursues.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Double post. But still...
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Leawood wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:21 am If I am the athletic director, I would open up the vault, hire Shook Hardy & Bacon, and tell the NCAA to saddle up and fuck off.
Two things: (1) I have a ton of respect and admiration for Shook, and (2) the guns will be bigger. It has been (and will continue to be) a spare-no-expense thing.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I don’t personally put much into it, but my mom thinks the ncaa has it out for Kansas because, among other things, she thinks they’re still butthurt about the way Self called them out for bullshitting around about Diallo’s eligibility...
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah, KU has already made it basically an all-out war against the NCAA and it will continue to do so.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:31 am I don’t personally put much into it, but my mom thinks the ncaa has it out for Kansas because, among other things, she thinks they’re still butthurt about the way Self called them out for bullshitting around about Diallo’s eligibility...
It's certainly interesting. The case against Arizona looks so much stronger than the case against KU. Is Arizona not a big enough pelt for the NCAA to get? Or is there a specific animus against KU?

Honestly - at this point we should be hoping there's a specific animus (and that it can be identified).
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Something also worth mentioning from articles on The Athletic that I missed and could be relevant..

Seth Davis mentions that this battle will be overseen by the NCAA's newly developed Independent Resolution Panel. This is their first crack at something like this, so there is truly no way to know how this goes.

DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

#BITFD
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

There are still bad feelings for the move of the NCAA HQ from KC. The NCAA played that card loose and basically were bribed to move. Since that time, they have had it out for the school. They took their time clearing kids. Decided to not allow courses they had no problem with elsewhere. It is time to throw it all against the wall and figure out who in that food chain has a conflict of interest in going after KU. Missouri also has been weirdly singled out in football.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:40 am#BITFD
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The NCAA needed to look at this as a teaching moment across the board. For whatever was alleged at one school was the rule almost across the board. I had hopes they would not scapegoat KU. They needed to reset the rules and get buy-in going forward. But that would mean accepting their responsibility.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:38 am Something also worth mentioning from articles on The Athletic that I missed and could be relevant..

Seth Davis mentions that this battle will be overseen by the NCAA's newly developed Independent Resolution Panel. This is their first crack at something like this, so there is truly no way to know how this goes.
That independent resolution panel should be interesting.

Slight chance they make themselves look better, and yuge chance they make themselves look much worse.
Trustee

Post by Trustee »

I think I'm more concerned about the process than the outcome.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ThroughThePhog wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:24 am NCAA is just trying to save face:

https://throughthephog.com/2019/09/24/n ... n-control/
Should be titled "The NCAA is using Kansas to appear to be in control". They have no chance of regaining control.

This is all about the appearance of the ncaa holding schools accountable.
Last edited by twocoach on Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:38 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:31 am I don’t personally put much into it, but my mom thinks the ncaa has it out for Kansas because, among other things, she thinks they’re still butthurt about the way Self called them out for bullshitting around about Diallo’s eligibility...
It's certainly interesting. The case against Arizona looks so much stronger than the case against KU. Is Arizona not a big enough pelt for the NCAA to get? Or is there a specific animus against KU?

Honestly - at this point we should be hoping there's a specific animus (and that it can be identified).
Arizona will get their turn.