KU basketball expected to face multiple major violation allegations from NCAA:

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 104

Re: KU basketball expected to face multiple major violation allegations from NCAA:

Post by Deleted User 104 »

If Self feels he's screwed, then might as well go out with a bang.

I wouldn't have any major issue if we had a penalty against us. The problem I have is why UNC was able to get away with the largest case of academic fraud. Either enforce the penalties on every school or don't punish anyone.
twocoach

Re: KU basketball expected to face multiple major violation allegations from NCAA:

Post by twocoach »

InfiniteJ wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:21 pm Poking the bear is all well and badass until you get a show-cause.
I doubt Bill Self's Adidas tshirt in an Adidas sponsored video is the difference maker.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

Rolling over and taking it in the ass is how you get a show-cause...
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

twocoach wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:48 pm
InfiniteJ wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:21 pm Poking the bear is all well and badass until you get a show-cause.
I doubt Bill Self's Adidas tshirt in an Adidas sponsored video is the difference maker.
You're right; the NCAA decided to gun for a show-cause before said Adidas sponsored video.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

InfiniteJ wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:12 am
twocoach wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:48 pm
You're right; the NCAA decided to gun for a show-cause before said Adidas sponsored video.
Letting the NCAA fool KU into admitting TJ Gassnola was a booster to get a ruling on De Sousa was taking it in the ass.
Lonestarjayhawk

I have to think KU's legal team was smart enough to see that coming for miles...they crafted that to be a very limited scope. The NCAA has pinned all of their hopes on their interpretations of those texts mean what they think they mean. In a non-kangaroo court they would be Swiss cheese...
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

Doesn't take a kangaroo or a non-kangaroo court to know KU kids (and their guardians) took cash and Self & company knew damn well it was happening.
Knew well enough that they were actually accomplices.
Lying (and getting busted lying) about it was foolish.
Lonestarjayhawk

Knowing that shoe companies cheat (both Nike and Adidas) and knowing what your players are getting is two different levels. Just because you know the first doesn't mean you automatically know the second.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
Lonestarjayhawk

Gutter, if you saying 'in theory', I agree with you...but we live in the real world, Bill and company have to avoid the second and accept the first. Every college coach does...NCAA hates that and is flexing.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Honestly, none of this bothers me at all to be honest. If Self and staff are dumb enough to get proven to be cheating then they should pay the consequences but it doesn't bother me if they are.

I just wish we were with Nike, who has a much more mature, developed system of cheating. If you are going to deal with rule breakers, at least dont associate with bad ones.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

A wish is all it will ever be. KU Athletics vetted out UA and Nike against adidas and decided they wanted to be #1 or 2 with adidas compared to a 10-20 school with Nike. If KU had a competent football program I believe KU would still be with the Swoosh or about to join them in the future.
Holidaysmore - 2005
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

twocoach wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:16 am I just wish we were with Nike, who has a much more mature, developed system of cheating. If you are going to deal with rule breakers, at least dont associate with bad ones.
twocoach For The Win! Stripes needs to poach some competent people from Swoosh.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Still can't believe they got Snoop Dogg to come to AFH tonight. Fucking hilarious. I would laugh my ass off seeing that.
punkrockhawk

Post by punkrockhawk »

Paul1 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:52 am Doesn't take a kangaroo or a non-kangaroo court to know KU kids (and their guardians) took cash and Self & company knew damn well it was happening.
Knew well enough that they were actually accomplices.
Lying (and getting busted lying) about it was foolish.
And you have proof of this?
Deleted User 266

It doesn't really matter what I have - does it?
It matters what the NCAA has - and doesn't have.
We'll see how it plays out.
Deleted User 266

lobster wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:58 pm Still can't believe they got Snoop Dogg to come to AFH tonight. Fucking hilarious. I would laugh my ass off seeing that.
Have to wonder if Carlton Bragg will show up with his bong and get high with Snoop Dogg while standing on the Jayhawk at center court.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

If we’re gonna go down, might as well go down in a blaze of glory.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

It's a great idea to have the concert after the scrummage. Makes sure everyone stays for the best part, and people can leave if they get bothered by the weed.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Is people leaving Late Night early a problem? I’m not sure why you’d go if not to stay for the hoop.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Paul1 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:34 pm It doesn't really matter what I have - does it?
It matters what the NCAA has - and doesn't have.
We'll see how it plays out.
Any chance you can just stop dropping your opinions on this as fact?