Les Koenning Let Go. Brent Dearmon promoted.

Kansas Football.
holidaysmore

Les Koenning Let Go. Brent Dearmon promoted.

Post by holidaysmore »

Les has heard the cries of the public and Older Les has been relieved. Let’s see what the kid can do.

In all seriousness it seems like Les has learned from the mistakes of his past. His outdated offensive schemes haven’t worked and he is making a change. Good for him.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Re: Les Koenning Let Go. Brent Dearmon promoted.

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Dang. Should have done a different thread like you.

About time. Koenning was awful. Good for Les for noticing it. Expect a much different offense against Texas. RPO all damn day.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Celebration gif.

Dearmon could be special.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

And let’s hope Les allows the kid to have full freedom and not be hamstrung by anything that Les wants to run. Let Dearmon run the offense and Elliot run the D. Les can be the face of the program and recruit!
Holidaysmore - 2005
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Koenning was a bandage hire.

Dearmon, by all accounts, is a RPO genius with a very bright future.

Coach Miles made a helluva decision that could change the trajectory of KU football in the somewhat near future.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

InfiniteJ wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:32 pm Koenning was a bandage hire.

Dearmon, by all accounts, is a RPO genius with a very bright future.

Coach Miles made a helluva decision that could change the trajectory of KU football in the somewhat near future.
Exactly. He was a hire because first choice got the HC job at Troy. This guy has literally wrote books on the RPO. He in essence created that offense. Love that they’ll have 2 weeks to be fully his offense ( If Les lets him do his thing)
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Coach K has forgotten more abt fball than anyone on this board knows.

Hat's off, and thank you for your service, Coach.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ChalkRocker wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:55 pm Coach K has forgotten more abt fball than anyone on this board knows.
Yeah, I think that was everyone’s concern.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

Can someone tell me why Les hired Dearmon? I mean was it Les who sought him out all on his own or did someone else suggest him?
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

ChalkRocker wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:55 pm Coach K has forgotten more abt fball than anyone on this board knows.

Hat's off, and thank you for your service, Coach.
I'm not sure what service he provided, but sure. Thanks. Enjoy that money you practically stole from donors and the University.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I still can't believe this happened. Les is very Andy Reid-like in that he doesn't fire guys, like at all.

Long and Vollmar probably got in his ear as well and said something has to be done.

Dearmon is a freaking stud. He'll be the OC here for a while then he'll have a chance to be a FBS Head Coach. Young guy, has some energy and is smart smart smart.

Worked under Malzahn at Auburn and kind of took that idea and ran with it. That's been somewhat Auburn's offense for a while now, but Dearmon has put his own spin on it.

Offense is just a one read offense basically. Read a LB or Safety and whatever he does, you do the opposite. The LB/S attacks the line on a run, you throw the slant or hook right where he would have been.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Les confirmed Dearmon will be the primary play caller.

Again, this will only work if Les lets it work.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:56 am Les confirmed Dearmon will be the primary play caller.

Again, this will only work if Les lets it work.
This x 1000%. This experiment will only work if Les allows it to work. I believe the RPO can fit KU's current personnel and is far more attractive to potential recruits.
That being said I don't believe we have seen the end of the I formation, power toss right and left. Those are staples and favorites of Les.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Nope. There were some big moments in that first half last week. Like the 4th and short play or something along those lines and the camera panned to Les, and he had the playcard out and was reading out which play was being run. That was the drop to Sosinski, but the point is that Les called the play there. It was fairly obvious.

I will say this, maybe Justin Houston doesn't get the stop on 4th and 1 if Mahomes runs a toss power and turns and just gets in his way like what Stanley does now. (I kid)

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I just like the fact that Les made the change when he did. Under the previous regime that decision would have been spread out for at least a year or Dearmon would have left for a better opportunity.

All things point to KU Football trending in the right direction. The pieces are slowly starting to fall into place.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Our previous head coaches would have brought Koenning back another year before firing him and promoting Dearmon.

Yes, it's nice that Miles is not being stubborn here, but I also think it has to do with the fact that Miles knows he doesn't have any time to waste given his age.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:05 pm
Yeah, I think that was everyone’s concern.
Nicely done, and fair enough. I'm all-in for Dearmon, too.

I'm just a big Jayhawk homer.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

holidaysmore wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:43 am

I'm not sure what service he provided, but sure. Thanks. Enjoy that money you practically stole from donors and the University.
You're such a cynic, holi.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:50 am Our previous head coaches would have brought Koenning back another year before firing him and promoting Dearmon.

Yes, it's nice that Miles is not being stubborn here, but I also think it has to do with the fact that Miles knows he doesn't have any time to waste given his age.
Age and dementia/Alzheimer's

I read that somewhere.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto