Recruiting 2019

Kansas Basketball.
Lonestarjayhawk

Re: Recruiting 2019

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

If we have learned anything from the past, working with, admitting anything to, trying to get off easy with, the NCAA is a huge mistake. Admit nothing, deny everything, work the system, threatened Federal Court, appeal all decisions against you, enlist favorable media to expose the NCAA. Do not roll over. The NCAA won't fight to the death with Kansas. They are too smart and have much more to lose. The NCAA would rather settle quickly, quietly, and painlessly than lose.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

You have a brother and a sister.
The three of you steal nickels, dimes, quarters out of the money jar your parents keep.
Your sister rarely does it. Your brother does it daily.
Your parents suspect something.

One day, your mom sees your sister just taking her hand out of the jar. She asks her to empty her pockets. She does and then confesses to stealing. She gets grounded for a month and won't get any allowance for the rest of the year.

The next day, your dad finds a heap of coins hidden in your brothers dresser. Your dad asks where these came from. Your brother says he doesn't know. Your dad demands he admits where the coins came from. Again, he doesn't know. He gets zero punishment. Hell, he gets to keep the coins.

The next day, your cousin comes over to visit. He sees you reach in and steal some coins. He goes and rats you out to your parents. After seeing how your parents teach discipline, what would you do?

So then the next day, your father and your brother are in a car wreck. They are brought to the hospital and unfortunately, your father passes. Your brother is brought into an operating room and the surgeon says, "I can't operate on this boy, he's my son."
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

tl;dr

(but it’s his mom)
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:23 pm tl;dr

(but it’s his mom)
Trustee's?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Is she banned?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:28 pm We’re in for some lean recruiting years.
are we gonna see Self potentially utilize more red shirts so as to keep the cupboard stocked?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

No more redshirting!

I can't even understand why Harris is redshirting this year.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:55 pm If we have learned anything from the past, working with, admitting anything to, trying to get off easy with, the NCAA is a huge mistake. Admit nothing, deny everything, work the system, threatened Federal Court, appeal all decisions against you, enlist favorable media to expose the NCAA. Do not roll over. The NCAA won't fight to the death with Kansas. They are too smart and have much more to lose. The NCAA would rather settle quickly, quietly, and painlessly than lose.
This doesn’t matter though, the only thing that matters is that this whole situation makes Illy and MICH feel icky
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Trustee's mom wouldn't redshirt.
She doesn't wear shirts.
noosh

Post by noosh »

pdub wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:46 pm You have a brother and a sister.
The three of you steal nickels, dimes, quarters out of the money jar your parents keep.
Your sister rarely does it. Your brother does it daily.
Your parents suspect something.

One day, your mom sees your sister just taking her hand out of the jar. She asks her to empty her pockets. She does and then confesses to stealing. She gets grounded for a month and won't get any allowance for the rest of the year.

The next day, your dad finds a heap of coins hidden in your brothers dresser. Your dad asks where these came from. Your brother says he doesn't know. Your dad demands he admits where the coins came from. Again, he doesn't know. He gets zero punishment. Hell, he gets to keep the coins.

The next day, your cousin comes over to visit. He sees you reach in and steal some coins. He goes and rats you out to your parents. After seeing how your parents teach discipline, what would you do?

So then the next day, your father and your brother are in a car wreck. They are brought to the hospital and unfortunately, your father passes. Your brother is brought into an operating room and the surgeon says, "I can't operate on this boy, he's my son."
Was the sister hot?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:09 pm No more redshirting!

Academics
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Mjl wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:31 pm

Academics
Yeah, I thought about that as well, but seems he went to a conventional Missouri HS, so think he'd be OK with qualifications. I don't buy that the kid needs more book time that he can go to every practice and game but can't check into the game.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

Cascadia wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:16 pm
Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:55 pm If we have learned anything from the past, working with, admitting anything to, trying to get off easy with, the NCAA is a huge mistake. Admit nothing, deny everything, work the system, threatened Federal Court, appeal all decisions against you, enlist favorable media to expose the NCAA. Do not roll over. The NCAA won't fight to the death with Kansas. They are too smart and have much more to lose. The NCAA would rather settle quickly, quietly, and painlessly than lose.
This doesn’t matter though, the only thing that matters is that this whole situation makes Illy and MICH feel icky
All of my posts makes illy feel icky.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

He was considering going to prep school for a year before reclassifying to 2019 and coming here. so it makes sense.

will he still redshirt with issac mcbride leaving tho??

and self is still considering redshirting mitch
Last edited by randylahey on Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:37 pm
Mjl wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:31 pm

Academics
Yeah, I thought about that as well, but seems he went to a conventional Missouri HS, so think he'd be OK with qualifications. I don't buy that the kid needs more book time that he can go to every practice and game but can't check into the game.
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2019/oct/ ... big-expec/

"Freshman point guard Dajuan Harris, who will be an academic redshirt this season, also did not play."
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Wow, so not the sharpest tool in the shed. How hard is it to get through a Columbia MO HS?
noosh

Post by noosh »

Prob just some guy we were thrilled to get who only had offers from places like DePaul and Rice.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Not sure where this goes, but LOL at this clown.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... l-g-league
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

???

He’s right, particularly with the G League stuff.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah he’s 100% accurate. Increasing the rounds means that it makes kids go G League and it hurts college basketball.

He’ll, half of the 2nd rounders don’t even make the 12 man roster, why expand?
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG