Modern feminism thread

Ugh.
Deleted User 104

Re: Modern feminism thread

Post by Deleted User 104 »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:02 pm
lobster wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:33 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:43 am

I work in academia, where most women have chopped off all their hair, gained a ton of weight, taken to wearing Dowdy the Clown-esqe muumuus, and have chosen to substitute garish earrings and outrageous eyeglasses for traditional emblems of attractiveness (Peacocking is what it would be called in men; not sure what you would call it in women).

It is ironic because, while they simultaneously reject the things that would make them attractive to men, they spend most of their time lamenting the fact that those same horrible men don't notice them or only view them in a professional context. They hate men for being men, but they also hate them for not finding them attractive. It is a sociological Gordian knot.
Sad but true.
Unfuckingbelievable. Women are just fine as long as they look and act the way you want them to.

JFC.
Just like so many others on here, you're exaggerating what I really wrote. Going from zero to ten and rounding up what I actually wrote. It's sort of like when I say something critical of some women so I must "hate all women". Learn what nuance means.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

You agreed with psych's ugly post.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

seahawk wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:55 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:25 am Seahawk just bashed another woman she's never met and called her a liar because she doesn't agree with her views.

Holy fuck. That sounds an awful lot like the people she claims to hate.
Somehow, 4 posts to rail at me to say that I was wrong demonstrates exactly what I guessed about you and that poor woman that had to put up with you. You can't let it go when a female disagrees with you--ever.

Women are acculturated from early childhood to pick up on feelings. And any woman that meets you would know immediately that you can't tolerate a woman disagreeing with your views and would say whatever didn't conflict with you. Especially if you were in some position that could affect her workplace. As for lying, I don't believe that women think of accommodating irrational men as out and out prevarication.

And you are irrational. 4 ranting posts.
You sound stupid as fuck.

The woman you're talking about brought it up to me. Unprovoked. We were talking about her kids and her husband's job in a nearby town.

And to be honest you have no idea what you're talking about, but since that woman doesn't have the same views as you want her to have you immediately dismiss her as lying to submit to my desires...you've never met her or me.

So, much like some Kavanaugh supporters who were "positive he's innocent" (which they cant possibly know), your own bias made you assume things and say stupid shit about a fellow woman you've never met.

Sounds like you think pretty low of this woman (you have never met) if you think she'd feel forced to cater to me in any way with her words. Newsflash: she wouldn't. And she wouldn't know what to say anyway because she's only met me a few times and I would NEVER say anything that would make her feel she has to say ANYTHING to cater to my views...and even if some man did, she'd promptly tell them to fuck right off because she's clearly a strong woman from what I've encountered in my few days working with her...this is why my wife can't stand women like you. You're sick.

You have made bizarre assumptions trying to make me feel like no woman could possibly speak open and honestly to me.

You're going thru a tough time and seem to be lashing out. You should seek professional help maybe, because I assure you I'm no enemy of women.
Last edited by Deleted User 75 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:26 pm You agreed with psych's ugly post.
To be fair I don't think Lobster is a misogynist. He just has an unique ability to either not read or not understand what he is reading and continually agrees with a guy saying a shit ton of blatant misogynist and or racist shit all the time.
Deleted User 75

Seagull thinks all republican white men are misogynists.

And for future reference seagull, I will show you no respect as long as you continue to treat me like I'm a misogynist when I've done and said nothing that should have made you feel that way. You're not going to disrepect me and think you get a free pass because you'll scream that I wouldn't talk to a man this way. Because I would. And I have. You'll get no special treatment from me...

I'd love to change your opinion of me, because it's blatantly off base at the moment. But if you continue to say lies about me and who I am then I will make sure I return the favor. And I've got all the time.
Last edited by Deleted User 75 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:18 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:25 am Seahawk just bashed another woman she's never met and called her a liar because she doesn't agree with her views.

Holy fuck. That sounds an awful lot like the people she claims to hate.
Somehow, 4 posts to rail at me to say that I was wrong demonstrates exactly what I guessed about you and that poor woman that had to put up with you. You can't let it go when a female disagrees with you--ever.

Women are acculturated from early childhood to pick up on feelings. And any woman that meets you would know immediately that you can't tolerate a woman disagreeing with your views and would say whatever didn't conflict with you. Especially if you were in some position that could affect her workplace. As for lying, I don't believe that women think of accommodating irrational men as out and out prevarication.

The woman you're talking about brought it up to me. Unprovoked. We were talking about her kids and her husband's job in a nearby town.

And to be honest you have no idea what you're talking about, but since that woman doesn't have the same views as you want her to have you immediately dismiss her as lying to submit to my desires...you've never met her or me.

So, much like some Kavanaugh supporters who were "positive he's innocent" (which they cant possibly know), your own bias made you assume things and say stupid shit about a fellow woman you've never met.

Sounds like you think pretty low of this woman (you have never met) if you think she'd feel forced to cater to me in any way with her words. Newsflash: she wouldn't. And she wouldn't know what to say anyway because she's only met me a few times and I would NEVER say anything that would make her feel she has to say ANYTHING to cater to my views...and even if some man did, she'd promptly tell them to fuck right off because she's clearly a strong woman from what I've encountered in my few days working with her...this is why my wife can't stand women like you. You're sick.

You have made bizarre assumptions trying to make me feel like no woman could possibly speak open and honestly to me.

You're going thru a tough time and seem to be lashing out. You should seek professional help maybe, because I assure you I'm no enemy of women.
You've obviously completely fabricated a story about a woman who holds the views that you believe women should hold and then used that made up woman as an excuse to curse at me. How really weird and irrational.

And, Illinois, you're the one lashing out--as is usual for you--writing 4 raving posts to my one.

Me, I have power and a roof and water and internet.
Last edited by seahawk on Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't inject Lysol.
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:28 pm Seagull thinks all republican white men are misogynists.
Ok... and so?
Deleted User 75

seahawk wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:32 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:18 pm

You've obviously completely fabricated a story about a woman who holds the views that you believe women should hold and then used that made up woman as an excuse to curse at me. How really weird and irrational.
TROLL
Deleted User 75

I probably also don't have a wife and 2 kids... just made them up so I could tell stories on the poli-board to a bunch of fucking lunatics.
Deleted User 75

Hawklin>Seagull

How can we trade back?
Deleted User 75

https://youtu.be/MNH0bmYT7os

Thankfully I work in an office full of women and they control the temp. Stay woke people.
Deleted User 104

There's a lot of truth in what he wrote. I too don't understand why so many western women decide to chop off all their hair and try to act masculine/aggressive. It it sounds harsh, it's because there's some truth to it. The line between men and women has been blurred too much and I don't think it's helping society very much as a whole. Men are confused about their role and women think they know their role as feminist warrior until they are 37 and realize they badly want a child but there are no decent men who want them. I want both sexes to have as much happiness as possible, but you have to be honest about reality as a first step to achieving that. If we continue to not challenge these things that are scientifically proving to cause unhappiness (a high number of women in their 30's and 40's are on anxiety drugs or anti-depressants), this problem will only get worse. I know, I'll be seen as a misogynist by the non-thinkers, but maybe someone on here will recognize what I'm getting at.
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

lobster wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:52 pm
There's a lot of truth in what he wrote.
What is the truth then? You are so sure it is there share your thoughts with us.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I know we are really fortunate to have a multitude of fantastic daycare available. Kiddo's first daycare was in Canada (where a parent gets up to 8 months of new-baby leave). It was great care. They had real cooks, went outside every day of the year, used many Montessori techniques, etc. Then we did a year of my employer's daycare. That had NAECP accreditation (I assume that is worth something). I thought it was too crowded and too busy (like everything in the building was overstimulating) so we sought a new daycare. We hit the jackpot at another NAECP accredited place nearby. Everyone was down to earth, their space had lots of outdoor space, their week included dance, swim lessons, etc. so kiddo got to do things that saved us another evening running around (to dance, swim, etc.). Then Universal Pre-K (i.e. free half-day pre-school for all 4-year olds; akin to HeadStart for everyone) kicked in. Kiddo stayed at same place, but we got to pay less. Then we did half a year in Berlin at a real kindergarten (very different, very cool). I was in graduate school during our preschool years. As a TA/RA I didn't pay any tuition, but I recall that my tuition would have cost less than my preschooler's tuition in upstate NY suburbia!
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Illinois,

I have not cursed at you or used a screen name that is not yours, but you have done the very typical white male misogynist thing of saying, "Oh, you're having a bad time, you mentally frail little woman and LASHING OUT."

Let's see, last week, I had the memorial service for my husband, then packed up all my outdoor stuff, then attended a local meeting, all while figuring out where to evacuate to with my 2 dogs, then evacuated and stayed at a distant in-laws house for 2 days, wondering if my own home would be hit by a Category 5 windstorm, then came back home and cut up a tree on my fence, put all my stuff back outdoors, picked up all the small limbs in my yard, dealt with some damage to a house that I own, found gas cans and pumped gas for nephew whose house had 8 trees fall on it, cooked for he and his wife so they'd have a home-cooked meal when they came to shower and wash clothes, dealt with adjustors, returned a generator I'd bought while on evacuation, bought tarps for a house I own, made brownies for friends whose house has the roof ripped off, made gumbo today for firefighters who've lost their homes...met with people to figure out how we can help those in communities that have lost everything. I quite know what "going through a bad time" is, I can see it in our neighboring families who've lost their homes and their community.

So yeah, call me names and curse at me and tell me I'm the one "lashing out," Illinois. That kind of pettiness is not really something I have time for right now. Goodby.
Last edited by seahawk on Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't inject Lysol.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

There's a lot of truth in what he wrote. I too don't understand why so many western women decide to chop off all their hair and try to act masculine/aggressive. It it sounds harsh, it's because there's some truth to it. The line between men and women has been blurred too much and I don't think it's helping society very much as a whole. Men are confused about their role and women think they know their role as feminist warrior until they are 37 and realize they badly want a child but there are no decent men who want them. I want both sexes to have as much happiness as possible, but you have to be honest about reality as a first step to achieving that. If we continue to not challenge these things that are scientifically proving to cause unhappiness (a high number of women in their 30's and 40's are on anxiety drugs or anti-depressants), this problem will only get worse. I know, I'll be seen as a misogynist by the non-thinkers, but maybe someone on here will recognize what I'm getting at.
Do you ever read what you write?

Or, was this a joke? If so, good one!
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 104

RussianHawk wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:56 pm
What is the truth then? You are so sure it is there share your thoughts with us.
For a guy who wrote that "I have a unique ability not to read", I find it hilarious that you would ask me to explain when my thoughts that are up there right above this post. It's very clear in my response why I agreed with much of what he wrote.
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

lobster wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:52 pm I know, I'll be seen as a misogynist by the non-thinkers, but maybe someone on here will recognize what I'm getting at.
Ohhh he's already starting to play the victim card too. I think we have a little Trump supporter blooming!
Deleted User 104

seahawk wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:01 pm Illinois,

I have not cursed at you or used a screen name that is not yours...
I agree that we should not call each other names. I try to imagine you all as if you were in the same room as me. I may disagree with you Sea, but I want to be respectful.
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

lobster wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:06 pm
RussianHawk wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:56 pm

For a guy who wrote that "I have a unique ability not to read", I find it hilarious that you would ask me to explain when my thoughts that are up there right above this post. It's very clear in my response why I agreed with much of what he wrote.
Ohhh ok cool your just a fucking moron then. Thanks for clearing that up for me! Let's hope them women grow their hair out. Short hair huge problem that is just misunderstood!