Taking my kids to their first game tonight

Kansas Basketball.
columbusdjkc

Taking my kids to their first game tonight

Post by columbusdjkc »

How early do you think we should wait for GA tickets. I know doors open an hour and a half before tip. Is two hours not soon enough?
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: Taking my kids to their first game tonight

Post by jhawks99 »

Can't help you with the timing since it's been a few years since I've been able to go. Hope your kids have the best time ever.

The first time I took my youngest, she took a nasty tumble down the stairs with me chasing behind. She was OK, a little shook up. She was not prepared for the noise either.
Defense. Rebounds.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

columbusdjkc wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:39 am How early do you think we should wait for GA tickets. I know doors open an hour and a half before tip. Is two hours not soon enough?
It's the home opener, but it's a no-name opponent, it's cold out and ticket sales are generally low. I think two hours would be plenty. Hopefully you have a way to save your seats while you show your kids around the Booth HOF and see the players come out of the locker room, etc.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:40 am
columbusdjkc wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:39 am How early do you think we should wait for GA tickets. I know doors open an hour and a half before tip. Is two hours not soon enough?
It's the home opener, but it's a no-name opponent, it's cold out and ticket sales are generally low. I think two hours would be plenty. Hopefully you have a way to save your seats while you show your kids around the Booth HOF and see the players come out of the locker room, etc.
Players coming in and out of locker room is big for little ones. My then 7 year old loved it. We snuck up right the tunnel and he was the first ones they gave a high five to. He was a big fan and was amazed at how tall they were.

But yes, try to find a way to save seats so you can do the tour around AFH and see the players go in and out.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
columbusdjkc

Post by columbusdjkc »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:11 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:40 am
Players coming in and out of locker room is big for little ones. My then 7 year old loved it. We snuck up right the tunnel and he was the first ones they gave a high five to. He was a big fan and was amazed at how tall they were.

But yes, try to find a way to save seats so you can do the tour around AFH and see the players go in and out.
My wife is going too so she will save the seats while we do it. I’ve never done the locker room thing. Where should we go for that? When does that normally take place. I’m pretty stoked. It’s an 11 year old and an 8 year old going.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

That was my first time doing it, we just happened to be walking through the bottom and they started blocking off the section with a rope and the guards came through. Go to the Northwest corner. We did it before they started the official warmups, and I think they start those with about 25 minutes before the game. So I think you'd be good to try it around 45 minutes before game time.

Then we got to our seats and watched the official warmups and all that.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG