This week in feminism...

Ugh.
Deleted User 104

Re: This week in feminism...

Post by Deleted User 104 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:13 pm
lobster wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:02 pm I do actually have ties to the film business, but I'm sure you didn't know that. Rise of Skywalker has been filmed with multiple endings and Disney is really worried about how the film is going to be judged.
It is all over the internet that 8 different endings were tested for Rise of Skywalker. And I didnt feel the need to claim any insider info to do that google search.
Well good, it's been leaked. But others on here would tell you that you cannot trust Google or Youtube as a source.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Deleted - because I was wrong.
Last edited by chiknbut on Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Rogue One was before Last Jedi
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

lobster wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:16 pm
twocoach wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:11 pm
lobster wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:59 pm It's because everyone assumed it would be good. The reviews are mostly negative.
Just depends on your definition of successful. I doubt the studio that produces it gives a crap about how it is critically reviewed if it sells more than a billion in ticket sales.
For some films, making money is all that matters (Fast and Furious garbage, for example). But for Star Wars, it's really important that it's good, or people are going to lose interest in future films. It sells less toys, has less repeat customers, less home video sales, etc if the film is not good. The Han Solo film was a bust by Star Wars standards because people were so disappointed with Last Jedi.
Good grief. You post that nonsense after the conversations here about how awful Episodes 1-3 are immediately followed by how the current movies made billions.

No wonder we have Trump as our President.
Deleted User 104

I never said all the prequels were bad. 1 and 2 were bad, but 3 was decent. Not great, but much better than 1 and 2. But regardless, they were not nearly as successful as they could have been if they had been done right. It is possible for films to rake in millions but also lose out on millions at the same time. I know understanding nuance is a challenge for you and others on here, but it is not impossible for both of these things to be true. A film can make millions but also be considered a major failure.

There was a different expectation with episodes 7-9, since Lucas was not directing. Episode 7 was decent, but then it all went to shit in episode 8. The films made good money, but they lost hundreds of millions on the Solo film as a direct result. Lucas, as bad of a director as he was, at least he knew not to mix in identity politics and SJW agendas into his films.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I dunno.

The whole fucking series is Lucas's ode to the VC, so...it's all shit, politically speaking.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

The problem with the current trilogy is a lead that knew how to use the force without any training, not a lead that's a female. A female lead is consistent with the theme that mental strength wins over physical strength.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:09 pm I dunno.

The whole fucking series is Lucas's ode to the VC, so...it's all shit, politically speaking.
Gawddammit
Defense. Rebounds.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Mjl wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:08 pm The problem with the current trilogy is a lead that knew how to use the force without any training, not a lead that's a female. A female lead is consistent with the theme that mental strength wins over physical strength.
that and a slow speed space chase with a rom-com level lack of communication that resulted in the unneccessary deaths of most of the resistance.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Yes, definitely. Just meant from the angle of problems with the lead character.
Deleted User 104

Mjl wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:08 pm The problem with the current trilogy is a lead that knew how to use the force without any training, not a lead that's a female. A female lead is consistent with the theme that mental strength wins over physical strength.
True, Disney doesn't understand that having a character with no flaws doesn't make an interesting story. Having a woman lead has nothing to do with the problems of this film. But there was a definite "obey women" and "women know better" agenda to the Last Jedi.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

lobster wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:59 pm I never said all the prequels were bad. 1 and 2 were bad, but 3 was decent. Not great, but much better than 1 and 2. But regardless, they were not nearly as successful as they could have been if they had been done right. It is possible for films to rake in millions but also lose out on millions at the same time. I know understanding nuance is a challenge for you and others on here, but it is not impossible for both of these things to be true. A film can make millions but also be considered a major failure.

There was a different expectation with episodes 7-9, since Lucas was not directing. Episode 7 was decent, but then it all went to shit in episode 8. The films made good money, but they lost hundreds of millions on the Solo film as a direct result. Lucas, as bad of a director as he was, at least he knew not to mix in identity politics and SJW agendas into his films.
You're really trying yourself into a pretzel trying to stick with this whole "it failed because of feminism" shtick.

You'd think that people so "smart" to track such elaborate conspiracy theories would recognize the amateur hour grifter they put into the White House.
Deleted User 104

Well, it's obvious that it did. Just those who refuse to accept reality and then create a story of "you must hate all women".... "you don't like women leads" excuses.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

lobster wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:48 pm Well, it's obvious that it did. Just those who refuse to accept reality and then create a story of "you must hate all women".... "you don't like women leads" excuses.
You are assuming that it would have made more money with a male lead, are you not?

I dont think that means you hate women; it just seems like you are trying to find any lame "fact" you can make up to support your shtick without providing any actual, you know, facts.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 104

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:37 pm Uh oh, Lobs...

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1202317441180807168
So I get to see Luke Skywalker say, "I'm a he, his, him"?
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

The correct inside terminology amongst those groups is 'they' or 'them' which is also used as a singular pronoun.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

"I know understanding nuance is a challenge for you and others on here..."

Oh, brother.
Deleted User 104

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

lobster wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:10 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLvAJHJjgNU

Not looking promising.
Not looking like a good source for star wars information.

http://starwarshub.net/2018/09/02/mike- ... ait-story/

https://makingstarwars.net/2018/09/mike-zeroh-is-trash/
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.