next soccer question

Other Sports.
Deleted User 141

Re: next soccer question

Post by Deleted User 141 »

VAR is a joke in regards to offsides calls now.

I really think rules gonna have to be changed to make the rule to have something to do with your feet needing to be offsides, not just your finger or armpit, or whatnot.

Technology getting in way of game in many cases.
Arjhawk

Post by Arjhawk »

I agree - or go full chaos and do away with the offside rule...

*Disclaimer - was almost exclusively a forward when I played*
Deleted User 141

Arjhawk wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:24 am I agree - or go full chaos and do away with the offside rule...

*Disclaimer - was almost exclusively a forward when I played*
a blue line like hockey lol
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Qatar 2022.
Does current Middle East relations end up messing with the ( winter ) World Cup?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Interesting question. Still under 3 years away. So quite a while. But it definitely has that potential. I think only options are to play it, or not have it at all. Don't know if the sites can be moved.

A little unnerving that Iran is just across the Persian Gulf from Qatar.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:50 am Interesting question. Still under 3 years away. So quite a while. But it definitely has that potential. I think only options are to play it, or not have it at all. Don't know if the sites can be moved.

A little unnerving that Iran is just across the Persian Gulf from Qatar.
Yup. What, just 100 miles away?

I think the USA has the money and infrastructure to host the World Cup with a year warning but USA is already hosting afterwards so FIFA couldn't do that.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah if US were to get it for 2022 (Highly Unlikely) they wouldn't get the 2026 World Cup. Would have to go to 2nd place, which was Morocco.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'd be fine with that...though US may be a better team ( hopefully ) in 26 than 22.
Deleted User 141

Anthony Hudson hired as U-20 coach.

Why? Yuck.

Fucking clowned called his team a group of bottom players. Fuck that guy.
Deleted User 141

Anthony Hudson hired as U-20 coach.

Why? Yuck.

Fucking clowned called his team a group of bottom players. Fuck that guy.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Brian McBride hired as GM of USMNT. Best hire they've had in the last couple of years.

Needs to get rid of his buddy, Berhalter though.

Deleted User 141

Liverpool is ridiculous.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

USA beats Costa Rica 1-0 in a friendly:

"USMNT head coach Gregg Berhalter sent out the youngest ever starting XI for a January camp match; a lineup that included four players making their senior international debuts. Berhalter would hand three more players their debuts as substitutes in the second half as the USA used the match to get players experience playing together for the upcoming Concacaf Men’s Olympic Qualifying tournament that begins in late March and for the culmination of Concacaf Nations League play in the summer and the start of World Cup qualifying in September."

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2020/0 ... -and-stats
Deleted User 141

Going out to DC to see opening game between United and Rapids. Excited to finally see a soccer specific stadium that’s not as shuteye as Dick’s Sporting Goods Park, or whatever the one in Chicago was called. Those only two I been to. The Wiz or whatever they were still played in Arrowhead when I lived out there.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Children’s Mercy/Sporting Park is a nice venue...small, but nice

i’ve been to two or three matches there, and love the atmosphere
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

KC stadium is really nice. It’s the best stadium in MLS that I’ve visited.

Vancouver
Seattle
Portland
Salt Lake
Kansas City
Dallas
Columbus
Deleted User 89

i should visit RSL this year...brother and his family are huge soccer fans and are making the pilgrimage to as many stadiums as possible, and they’ve yet to visit SLC

unfortunately, i don’t think the mountains are visible from inside the RSL stadium
Deleted User 141

MLS is kinda chasing its tail in regards to stadium building. What was seemingly the way to go in somewhat close in burbs has proven way wrong....but league used to be relatively poor (compared to now, at least). Chicago will be an interesting case study. Wonder if Gutter will walk to any games at Soldier.
Deleted User 141

Think you’ll be ok seeing mountains in SLC. Doesn’t change fact that you’ll still be in Utah though. :)

https://youtu.be/WD73yk4_5NU
Deleted User 89

been to the minor league baseball games here, the Bees, and the mountains on a sunny spring or early summer day make it a great experience, regardless of the quality of play on the field