Shoe money trial

Kansas Basketball.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Shoe money trial

Post by jfish26 »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:45 am "We haven't lost a guy that way"

No shit, you're Nike's top dog, you'll match any offer out there. Hey, Coach K...no one's worried that you're getting cheated out of anything. It's the opposite.

Reminds me of the baseball players who used to say, "I'm not on 'roids, I workout all the time, you guys see how hard I train." No shit, you work out all the time, you take drugs that increase recovery and allow you to get increased benefits from increasing the intensity of your workouts. The teams that loose the fewest recruits are probably the ones cheating the most...so no shit K hasn't lost anyone that way, same way Cal hasn't.
Well:

1. I am a million percent (1,000,000%) sure that Duke has in fact lost a recruit "this way."

2. To the extent Duke does not lose recruits in "this way," I wonder how that could be?

3. Corey Maggette Corey Maggette Corey Maggette Corey Maggette Corey Maggette Lance Thomas Lance Thomas Lance Thomas Lance Thomas Lance Thomas Corey Maggette Corey Maggette Corey Maggette
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Looks like everyone on the front line just got a promotion.

Thank you for helping KU get to the F4, SDS and good luck in the future!
Holidaysmore - 2005
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

holidaysmore wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:55 am Looks like everyone on the front line just got a promotion.

(Mitch Lightfoot grins, removes shirt.)
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Goes from literally a red jersey at practice to blue jersey.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

oh god dammit
ArgentineHawk

Post by ArgentineHawk »

Self on right now with Petro 810.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ArgentineHawk wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:06 am Self on right now with Petro 810.
Do your best Hawklin here.
ArgentineHawk

Post by ArgentineHawk »

“Not running away from this. “

“I’ll release a statement with the trial ends”

“It’s frustrating not being able to say or comment on things that are going on until the trial ends”
ArgentineHawk

Post by ArgentineHawk »

“SDS will atleast miss one game”

“We want to recruit the best guys available “

Asked are you woren out-“I’m not woren out at all, I have lots of energy “
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:49 am
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:45 am "We haven't lost a guy that way"

No shit, you're Nike's top dog, you'll match any offer out there. Hey, Coach K...no one's worried that you're getting cheated out of anything. It's the opposite.

Reminds me of the baseball players who used to say, "I'm not on 'roids, I workout all the time, you guys see how hard I train." No shit, you work out all the time, you take drugs that increase recovery and allow you to get increased benefits from increasing the intensity of your workouts. The teams that loose the fewest recruits are probably the ones cheating the most...so no shit K hasn't lost anyone that way, same way Cal hasn't.
Well:

1. I am a million percent (1,000,000%) sure that Duke has in fact lost a recruit "this way."

2. To the extent Duke does not lose recruits in "this way," I wonder how that could be?

3. Corey Maggette Corey Maggette Corey Maggette Corey Maggette Corey Maggette Lance Thomas Lance Thomas Lance Thomas Lance Thomas Lance Thomas Corey Maggette Corey Maggette Corey Maggette
Any of you actually bother to listen to his presser? He starts to talk about it at around the 9 minute mark. I keep getting interrupted at work so I am yet to listen to it in its entirety.

http://www.goduke.com/mediaPortal/playe ... EM_ID=4200
ArgentineHawk

Post by ArgentineHawk »

How do things change with SDS not playing now?-“it doesn’t change at all. SDS wasn’t going to start, but we will have to change things a little and plug guys in different rolls”
ArgentineHawk

Post by ArgentineHawk »

“Really excited about guards and preseason #1 ranking”
ArgentineHawk

Post by ArgentineHawk »

Auto correct changed some stuff on me
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

why did the Adidas trial happen first? Why have the Nike trials not yet happened? When are the Nike trials, again?

pretty sure the upcoming season may be defined more than anything by how much K can squirm.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

ArgentineHawk wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:12 am How do things change with SDS not playing now?-“it doesn’t change at all. SDS wasn’t going to start, but we will have to change things a little and plug guys in different rolls”
BS from BS. It replaces a really good rebounder with size with an undersized guy who can't rebound.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:56 am
holidaysmore wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:55 am Looks like everyone on the front line just got a promotion.

(Mitch Lightfoot grins, removes shirt.)
KJ is about the same size as Mitch and rebounds better. The only thing you'd lose with him is shot blocking and charges drawn. I'd rather have KJ take the minutes when Dedric is out, DMac take them when Dok is out.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

If Silvio is out, then you don't redshirt Mitch. The window is open this year.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Sit a 5-star guy who was literally the difference between reaching the Final Four, thus creating more opportunities for a smaller, slower, less skilled Tyler who couldn't even get on the court behind aforesaid half-semester Freshman, because Amateurism is good for college basketball. Another victory for The Rules!

(for the record I would still be cool with redshirting Lightfoot.)
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Mjl wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:24 am
ArgentineHawk wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:12 am How do things change with SDS not playing now?-“it doesn’t change at all. SDS wasn’t going to start, but we will have to change things a little and plug guys in different rolls”
BS from BS. It replaces a really good rebounder with size with an undersized guy who can't rebound.
You do realize that KU is still 5 deep at position? McCormack is big and can rebound. Both Lawson bros are really good at rebounding, and I think Mitch, if given the chance, can be a great player when he's not the only big on the floor.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Mitch is going to be better than many expect.