Shoe money trial

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Shoe money trial

Post by pdub »

Everyone in Lawrence, start driving around and give us updates.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

This is probably the best result for Kansas, all things considered.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

KK is melting down. I wouldn't advise listening to him, but he's beside himself
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Great news.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

LVCHawk wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:24 pm KK is melting down. I wouldn't advise listening to him, but he's beside himself
He has nothing right now.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:17 pm This is probably the best result for Kansas, all things considered.
Short-term, absolutely.

Long-term, I think it's very much the wrong outcome, both ethically/morally and for the health of the sport.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It may deter these Nike/Adidas/UA guys from funneling cash to recruits because, well, they could get in legal trouble, and now there's a precedent.
That is good for the health of the sport.
Kyblueblood

Post by Kyblueblood »

UCLA and the coast teams will love it. Players coming for a year will enjoy warmth, oceans, beaches and plenty of women.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Guess you've never been to Wescoe beach.
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

Eventually what happens I feel is what happened to baseball after the Mitchell Report. Very strict penalties going forward but basically everything that happened before is good to go.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:35 pm It may deter these Nike/Adidas/UA guys from funneling cash to recruits because, well, they could get in legal trouble, and now there's a precedent.
Yeah, I would think that all of this stuff is now going to stop. Which is healthy for the sport as it currently stands.

But, I do think that college athletes will become paid, and it will all become a moot point, but for right now, with athletes getting no money, this is a good outcome for health and short term future of the sport.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:35 pm It may deter these Nike/Adidas/UA guys from funneling cash to recruits because, well, they could get in legal trouble, and now there's a precedent.
It just encourages people to do this in more convoluted and dangerous ways. It encourages further retrenchment on "amateurism", and further delays truly needed reforms and improvements.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

LVCHawk wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:37 pm Eventually what happens I feel is what happened to baseball after the Mitchell Report. Very strict penalties going forward but basically everything that happened before is good to go.
I agree that baseball/the Mitchell Report is a great parallel to draw.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

LVCHawk wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:37 pm Eventually what happens I feel is what happened to baseball after the Mitchell Report. Very strict penalties going forward but basically everything that happened before is good to go.
Haven't thought about it in that way before. Although everyone listed in that report is not in good standing right now.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:40 pm
Haven't thought about it in that way before. Although everyone listed in that report is not in good standing right now.
In what way? The Hall of Fame? Ok. But in every meaningful way, there were really no consequences. Bonds IS the home run king. Clemens IS, either him or Pedro, the best righthanded pitcher of the last 40 years.
noosh

Post by noosh »

all 3 show bros found guilty. Adidas releases statement saying they're strengthening their internal processes. fuck. we need better recruits maybe time to get with Puma???
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:08 pm
jfish26 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:02 pm
pdub wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:01 pm KU and Bill Self were victims!!!
And NCAA rules are now federal laws. Good job, everyone.
Not how it works but you know that.
I know that people are (likely) going to jail because the federal government enforced the NCAA's bullshit rules.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Does this ruling have any sort of effect on SDS? We know that his eligibility is in the hands of the NCAA. Have him pay back or donate that amount to charity and call it done. Something similar to Miles Bridges, who had an agent cover his families dinner.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Kyblueblood

Post by Kyblueblood »

Who will police the boosters with deep pockets? It just goes back to the way it was before Nike, Adidas.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:03 pm
pdub wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:08 pm
jfish26 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:02 pm

And NCAA rules are now federal laws. Good job, everyone.
Not how it works but you know that.
I know that people are (likely) going to jail because the federal government enforced the NCAA's bullshit rules.
Stupid NCAA rules or not, they knew what they were doing was wrong and they still committed wire fraud and conspiracy to commit wire fraud.
I may not agree with the jury's decision/s but I also don't feel sorry for the guys who were found guilty.