#walkaway - why is no one talking about this?

Ugh.
imzcount

#walkaway - why is no one talking about this?

Post by imzcount »

https://www.oann.com/walkaway-campaign- ... ical-bias/

Noble Democrats coming to realization of what’s really going on
twocoach

Re: #walkaway - why is no one talking about this?

Post by twocoach »

I dont even want to click on the links to any of your sketchy websites. Seems more likely to result in a computer virus being launched than in a site I may actually learn something legitimate from.

Does ANYONE else open any of the links that Count provides? If not, can you please just quit spamming this site?
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

One America News isn't sketchy like some other right wing (and left wing) sources imo.

I sometimes click his links. Sometimes I don't. He doesn't bother me, even when I don't agree with him, which is often....you know he's not always being 100% serious, right? Sometimes it's truth with trolling combined.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

imzcount wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:34 am https://www.oann.com/walkaway-campaign- ... ical-bias/

Noble Democrats coming to realization of what’s really going on
I follow the #walkaway movement on Facebook. Very interesting stories and, if that group is any indication, a rapidly-growing cause.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:01 am One America News isn't sketchy like some other right wing (and left wing) sources imo.

I sometimes click his links. Sometimes I don't. He doesn't bother me, even when I don't agree with him, which is often....you know he's not always being 100% serious, right? Sometimes it's truth with trolling combined.
LOL.

1. The fact that you don't recognize One America News as propoganda speaks volumes.

2. And the #walkaway movement was created by Russian bots. It's completely fabricated and intended for gullible simpletons.

Again, not a surprise for guys like Count.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

All this does is continue to push people away from moderately left or right leaning news sources staffed mostly by college graduates and journalists to more radically left or right leaning news sources staffed by any clown that can type well enough to post content to a glorified blog.

Progress? No, not really. Just different and with less professional sources. Seems like the blogging and sicial media environments have convinced sone that anyone with an internet connection can be a "journalist".
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

chiknbut wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:21 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:01 am One America News isn't sketchy like some other right wing (and left wing) sources imo.

LOL.

1. The fact that you don't recognize One America News as propoganda speaks volumes.

2. And the #walkaway movement was created by Russian bots. It's completely fabricated and intended for gullible simpletons.

Correct. It was discovered back in July that the #Walkaway movement was being manipulated by Russian Trolls posing as Dems leaving the party. Monitoring groups discovered swarms of russian troll accounts driving uo their twitter numbers. And as you can see by HouseDivided's comments, thise efforts were successful in convincing some americans that it was a real, growing movement that should be taken seriously.

Like I said, it is easy to see how simple it has been to manipulate a subsection of America. Convince them that they are smarter and more enlightened because of the fake information you feed them and they will spread the word instantly and passionately. Brilliant in its simplicity.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:25 am All this does is continue to push people away from moderately left or right leaning news sources staffed mostly by college graduates and journalists to more radically left or right leaning news sources staffed by any clown that can type well enough to post content to a glorified blog.

Progress? No, not really. Just different and with less professional sources. Seems like the blogging and sicial media environments have convinced sone that anyone with an internet connection can be a "journalist".
You're really going to try to cast CNN, the New York Times, and their cohorts as "moderate"?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:33 am

LOL.

Correct. It was discovered back in July that the #Walkaway movement was being manipulated by Russian Trolls posing as Dems leaving the party. Monitoring groups discovered swarms of russian troll accounts driving uo their twitter numbers. And as you can see by HouseDivided's comments, thise efforts were successful in convincing some americans that it was a real, growing movement that should be taken seriously.

Like I said, it is easy to see how simple it has been to manipulate a subsection of America. Convince them that they are smarter and more enlightened because of the fake information you feed them and they will spread the word instantly and passionately. Brilliant in its simplicity.
Documentation, please.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

LOL.

I recognize OAN as propoganda about the same as Fox and CNN.

I didn't say they weren't right leaning (tipping over), I just said that a link to there wouldn't be sketchy like some of the other "news" outlets that have been linked by him.

Good lord. Quick to attack.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

HouseDivided wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:34 am

LOL.

Documentation, please.
By all means, please provide Psych with links to articles he will say are "biased." That will help move things along nicely!
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

chiknbut wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:45 am

Documentation, please.
By all means, please provide Psych with links to articles he will say are "biased." That will help move things along nicely!
Lulz. That's rich coming from you.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:33 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:25 am All this does is continue to push people away from moderately left or right leaning news sources staffed mostly by college graduates and journalists to more radically left or right leaning news sources staffed by any clown that can type well enough to post content to a glorified blog.

You're really going to try to cast CNN, the New York Times, and their cohorts as "moderate"?
Are you seriously going to try to cast them as "radical"? Step back and get some perspective. They are consistently left leaning but not in anything resembing a radical manner. Hence the use of the term "moderate".

So yes.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

LOL.

Documentation, please.
Do your own research. It's fun and a good exercise to utilize when you have information presented to you by anyone.
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:51 am

Documentation, please.
Do your own research. It's fun and a good exercise to utilize when you have information presented to you by anyone.
So, it was just one of those things that you either "know" to be true or somebody "reliable" told you was true. Got it. Pretty much what I suspected anyway.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:48 am
HouseDivided wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:33 am

Are you seriously going to try to cast them as "radical"? Step back and get some perspective. They are consistently left leaning but not in anything resembing a radical manner. Hence the use of the term "moderate".

So yes.
Yet more evidence that you and I have very different definitions of "moderate".
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:05 pm
twocoach wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:51 am

Documentation, please.
So, it was just one of those things that you either "know" to be true or somebody "reliable" told you was true. Got it. Pretty much what I suspected anyway.
No. I researched it. But I cannot access this site from my work computer and it is enough of a pain in the butt to include links via my phone that I do not feel like doing it for you.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Do I really live in a country where the majority of the people are so fucking clueless they can't differentiate between factual news, opinionated/biased news, and entertainment?
I guess the bottom line is we shouldn't (and in some cases can't) trust anyone or anything anymore - unless we see it with our own eyes and experience it in person. Wonderful!
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:42 am

LOL.

I recognize OAN as propoganda about the same as Fox and CNN.

I didn't say they weren't right leaning (tipping over), I just said that a link to there wouldn't be sketchy like some of the other "news" outlets that have been linked by him.

Good lord. Quick to attack.
OAN has specifically pitched itself as the alternarive for those that do not feel that FoxNews is conservative enough and pro-Trump enough.