Re: Shooting at Pittsburgh Synagogue

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Rawstory.com

Nice.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Poor, poor Donald and his republican party, they love to whip their bigoted, racist, ignorant Nationalist base into a frenzy, but haven't yet figured out how to fellate them without shitting on Jews in the process:

Republican mailer depicts a Jewish candidate gripping cash and grinning. The GOP is defending it

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 75

LOL.... I saw that quick delete Feral.

I didn't click your link. Nor do I intend to click the majority of links shared on the poli-bored.

I'm just here to make impulsive comments and watch people make asses of themselves....

I just saw rawstory.com and it appeared to likely be a piece of opinion journalism.. didnt realize it was centered around a NYT quote or whatever.

Sorry. Yes I'm a dumbass.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:37 pm LOL.... I saw that quick delete Feral.

I didn't click your link. Nor do I intend to click the majority of links shared on the poli-bored.

I'm just here to make impulsive comments and watch people make asses of themselves....

I just saw rawstory.com and it appeared to likely be a piece of opinion journalism.. didnt realize it was centered around a NYT quote or whatever.

I feel sorry for you, so I deleted it.
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Trump finally gets the shunning he deserves

The bipartisan refusal of federal, state and local officials (including the Republican speaker and Senate majority leader) to accompany Trump to Pittsburgh and, thereby, condone his self-absorbed presidential photo-op was remarkable and, in a way, unifying. The Post reported:

A mourning family doesn’t want to meet him. Leaders of his own party declined to join him. The mayor has explicitly asked him not to come. Protesters have mobilized. And yet President Trump visited this grief-stricken city Tuesday, amid accusations that he and his administration continue to fuel the anti-Semitism that inspired Saturday’s massacre inside a synagogue.

The president and first lady Melania Trump arrived in Pittsburgh on Tuesday afternoon, not long after the first funerals began for the 11 victims of the mass shooting at Tree of Life synagogue. More than 1,300 people have signed up for a demonstration at the same time — declaring Trump “unwelcome in our city and in our country. Congressional leaders from both parties — Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.), Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D.-Calif.) — have all declined invitations to join Trump on his visit, according to officials familiar with matter. (McConnell’s office said the Kentucky senator “has events in the state and was unable to attend.”) So have relatives of at least one of the victims.
Anand Giridharadas
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I desire a border. I don't think i'm a monster.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

The president goes to Pittsburgh and they barbecue him. The president does not go to Pittsburgh and they would have barbecued him.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

he was asked by the folks of pittsburg not to go

it isn’t difficult to understand
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

MICH - Trad helped explain the response he received.
How's this in response to your post?
The President isn't a raging dickwad and he goes to Pittsburgh and they don't barbecue him.
The President isn't a raging dickwad and does not go to Pittsburgh and they would not have barbecued him - although it might be somewhat understandable if they weren't happy about it.
Of course it's actually not that black and white but I hope you get the idea I'm trying to convey.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:01 pm he was asked by the folks of pittsburg not to go

it isn’t difficult to understand
And then if he didn't go, the media would fry him for not interpreting the request not to go as a desire for him to want to be there, you know, because of feelings. He can't win with the media; it's no wonder he is so combative with them.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:50 pm The president goes to Pittsburgh and they barbecue him. The president does not go to Pittsburgh and they would have barbecued him.
There's a 3rd option. The President asks the folks in Pittsburgh when would be the best time to go and he goes at that time, even if it means cancelling one of his Praise Me pep rallies. He went that day because it was the one day he didnt have a rally scheduled. Period.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

HD - He gets off on the media frying him. To him it's "winning". He should have done whatever those impacted wanted him to do (or not do) and he ended up doing what he felt was the best for him to do. I'm torn on how i feel about him going but I will never fault him if is intent was based solely on paying respect/s. Unfortunately I am a very cynical person so I feel he had other motives but if I was a person of God I would say that's for God to decide and not me.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Gutter wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:40 pm HD - He gets off on the media frying him. To him it's "winning". He should have done whatever those impacted wanted him to do (or not do) and he ended up doing what he felt was the best for him to do. I'm torn on how i feel about him going but I will never fault him if is intent was based solely on paying respect/s. Unfortunately I am a very cynical person so I feel he had other motives but if I was a person of God I would say that's for God to decide and not me.
I get that. If I were the POTUS, I would try to accommodate them. President Trump is entirely Other, for good or for bad.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:50 pm The president goes to Pittsburgh and they barbecue him. The president does not go to Pittsburgh and they would have barbecued him.
These things happen when you're a dick.
Deleted User 75

Feral wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:38 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:37 pm LOL.... I saw that quick delete Feral.

I feel sorry for you, so I deleted it.
Oh my. Thanks for your compassion.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Feral wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:43 pm Trump finally gets the shunning he deserves

The bipartisan refusal of federal, state and local officials (including the Republican speaker and Senate majority leader) to accompany Trump to Pittsburgh and, thereby, condone his self-absorbed presidential photo-op was remarkable and, in a way, unifying. The Post reported:

A mourning family doesn’t want to meet him. Leaders of his own party declined to join him. The mayor has explicitly asked him not to come. Protesters have mobilized. And yet President Trump visited this grief-stricken city Tuesday, amid accusations that he and his administration continue to fuel the anti-Semitism that inspired Saturday’s massacre inside a synagogue.

The president and first lady Melania Trump arrived in Pittsburgh on Tuesday afternoon, not long after the first funerals began for the 11 victims of the mass shooting at Tree of Life synagogue. More than 1,300 people have signed up for a demonstration at the same time — declaring Trump “unwelcome in our city and in our country. Congressional leaders from both parties — Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.), Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D.-Calif.) — have all declined invitations to join Trump on his visit, according to officials familiar with matter. (McConnell’s office said the Kentucky senator “has events in the state and was unable to attend.”) So have relatives of at least one of the victims.
lulz @ Jen Rubin
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Vote against all Republicans. Every single one.
By Max Boot

I’m sick and tired of a president who pretends that a caravan of impoverished refugees is an “invasion” by “unknown Middle Easterners” and “bad thugs” — and whose followers on Fox News pretend the refugees are bringing leprosy and smallpox to the United States. (Smallpox was eliminated about 40 years ago.)

I’m sick and tired of a president who misuses his office to demagogue on immigration — by unnecessarily sending 5,200 troops to the border and by threatening to rescind by executive order the 14th Amendment guarantee of citizenship to anyone born in the United States.

I’m sick and tired of a president who is so self-absorbed that he thinks he is the real victim of mail-bomb attacks on his political opponents — and who, after visiting Pittsburgh despite being asked by local leaders to stay away, tweeted about how he was treated, not about the victims of the synagogue massacre.

If you’re sick and tired, too, here is what you can do. Vote for Democrats on Tuesday. For every office. Regardless of who they are. And I say that as a former Republican. Some Republicans in suburban districts may claim they aren’t for Trump. Don’t believe them. Whatever their private qualms, no Republicans have consistently held Trump to account. They are too scared that doing so will hurt their chances of reelection. If you’re as sick and tired as I am of being sick and tired about what’s going on, vote against all Republicans. Every single one. That’s the only message they will understand.
I’m sick and tired of a president who employs the language of anti-Semitic conspiracy theories about Jewish financier George Soros and “globalists,” and won’t apologize or retract even after what is believed to be the worst attack on Jews in U.S. history.

I’m sick and tired of a president who won’t stop engaging in crazed partisanship, denouncing Democrats as “evil,” “un-American” and “treasonous” subversives who are in league with criminals.

I’m sick and tired of a president who cares so little about right-wing terrorism that, on the very day of the synagogue shooting, he proceeded with a campaign rally, telling his supporters, “Let’s have a good time.”

I’m sick and tired of a president who presides over one of the most unethical administrations in U.S. history — with three Cabinet members resigning for reported ethical infractions and the secretary of the interior the subject of at least 18 federal investigations.

I’m sick and tired of a president who flouts norms of accountability by refusing to release his tax returns or place his business holdings in a blind trust.

I’m sick and tired of a president who lies outrageously and incessantly — an average of eight times a day — claiming recently that there are riots in California and that a bill that passed the Senate 98 to 1 had “very little Democrat support.”

I’m sick and tired of a president who can’t be bothered to work hard and instead prefers to spend his time watching Fox News and acting like a Twitter troll.

And I’m sick and tired of Republicans who go along with Trump — defending, abetting and imitating his egregious excesses.

I’m sick and tired of Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) acting like a caddie for the man he once denounced as a “kook” — just this week, Graham endorsed Trump’s call for rescinding “birthright citizenship,” a kooky idea if ever there was one.

I’m sick and tired of House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.), who got his start in politics as a protege of the “bleeding-heart conservative” Jack Kemp, refusing to call out Trump’s race-baiting.

I’m sick and tired of Republicans who once complained about the federal debt adding $113 billion to the debt just in fiscal year 2018.

I’m sick and tired of Republicans who once championed free trade refusing to stop Trump as he launches trade wars with all of our major trade partners.

Most of all, I’m sick and tired of Republicans who feel that Trump’s blatant bigotry gives them license to do the same — with Rep. Pete Olson (R-Tex.) denouncing his opponent as an “Indo-American carpetbagger,” Florida gubernatorial candidate Ron DeSantis warning voters not to “monkey this up” by electing his African American opponent, Rep. Duncan D. Hunter (R-Calif.) labeling his “Palestinian Mexican” opponent a “security risk” who is “working to infiltrate Congress,” and Rep. Steve Chabot (R-Ohio) accusing his opponent, who is of Indian Tibetan heritage, of “selling out Americans” because he once worked at a law firm that settled terrorism-related cases against Libya.

If you’re sick and tired, too, here is what you can do. Vote for Democrats on Tuesday. For every office. Regardless of who they are. And I say that as a former Republican. Some Republicans in suburban districts may claim they aren’t for Trump. Don’t believe them. Whatever their private qualms, no Republicans have consistently held Trump to account. They are too scared that doing so will hurt their chances of reelection. If you’re as sick and tired as I am of being sick and tired about what’s going on, vote against all Republicans. Every single one. That’s the only message they will understand.
Anand Giridharadas
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

This is America. Everybody gets to vote for who they want to.

Vote.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Max Boot

lulz agin.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Shirley
Contributor