Transfer portal 2022

Kansas Basketball.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Transfer portal 2022

Post by KUTradition »

pdub wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:46 am "it’s not new though"

2 things:

1. It was against the rules. People still speed over the speed limit. The limits intention and punishments for breaking it serve as a deterrent. Blame the NCAA for ignoring/failing to figure out a solution to maintain these rules/amateurism.

What we have now is a speed suggestion at two or three times what it was before with a clause that allows breaking the limit as long as there's an emergency. So you just say there's an emergency when you're pulled over.

So now you have a speedway and people who are upset about it are told, "well, people were doing it before, also, this is how it's gonna be, so get over it".

2. From the article:
"The big change is the numbers are going up. Before [NIL], you knew it was bulls--- if a kid came to you and said he was getting more than $50,000 from another school. Now, numbers that used to be bulls--- aren’t bulls--- anymore. Everything now comes down to how willing are your boosters and how rich are your boosters. You’re pretty much f----- if you don’t have the booster bank.”
1) i absolutely blame the ncaa

2) what numbers, exactly are going up? i would absolutely expect the cumulative total to go up because of all the Mitch Lightfoots out there, but i’ve not seen anything to suggest that the most sought after guys are getting anything more “legitimately” as they were getting under the table previously
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"2) but i’ve not seen anything to suggest that the most sought after guys are getting anything more “legitimately” as they were getting under the table previously"

This is absolutely happening. It's mentioned in the posted article.

Just look here, before more NIL deals are revealed:
Tshwiebwe earned 2 million.
Nigel Pack earned 800k.

Do we think those guys were offered anything close to that under the table before?
I do not.
( look at DeAndre Ayton and Sean Miller - 100k was big news not long ago )
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

what i think may or may not have been happening is meaningless, largely because we’ll never know the full value of what someone like Zion was offered (and received)

that said, i don’t think Pack would’ve gotten near that previously but wouldn’t be surprised if Tshwiebwe had offers in that order of magnitude (like Bacot)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I would be very surprised considering the standard of DeAndre Ayton ( top 3 recruit ), 100k, and who you mentioned, Zion, who was rumored to get 400k.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

“rumored”

a whole lot of speculation, and very little substance (not you, just generally), which to me is part of the benefit of NIL - it takes the speculation and rumors out of the equation
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I would have preferred not to have college sports become professional sports with what amounts to 1 year contracts paid by wealthy alumni.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

pdub wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:28 pm I would have preferred not to have college sports become professional sports with what amounts to 1 year contracts paid by wealthy alumni.
me too

but i would also prefer it if b-ball and football players were treated the same way other student-athletes are, and for that matter that all students be treated with equity regardless of whether or not they are also playing sports
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:46 ambut maybe we take a chance on Bates.
Welp, glad we didn't.

https://twitter.com/247Sports/status/15 ... 6o-8qxSRbg
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

pdub wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:59 pm Penny recruit.
Nope.
Not with what looms.

Just rather not.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

he was driving a borrowed car in which cops found a gun with the serial number filed off.

I wonder how he got in that sitch.

and wonder how cops ended up searching the car in the first place.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:51 pm he was driving a borrowed car in which cops found a gun with the serial number filed off.

I wonder how he got in that sitch.

and wonder how cops ended up searching the car in the first place.
https://www.wxyz.com/sports/emu-basketb ... un-charges

"The Washtenaw County Sheriff's Office said deputies in Superior Township pulled Bates over after he failed to stop at an intersection on Sunday night."

If the gun was in plain sight then the officers don't need permission to search the car. If it wasn't and they just randomly asked him if they could search his car and he said "yes" then he is a moron. If they had no legitimate reason to perform it and didn't ask then they broke the law.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the police did their job. we are now safer because of it.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:40 pm the police did their job. we are now safer because of it.
We'll see how they did their job. Hopefully everyone was afforded their rights and thank goodness an illegal weapon was removed from society.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

"We"? I'm interested to know why MICH feels he and everyone else is safer because of what happened to Emoni Bates and why he didn't seem to feel he and/or anyone else was less safe when the whack jobs decided to bring their guns to the state capitol and ENTER the state capitol to protest lockdowns.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

getting guns off the streets is my favorite.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Me too. If they are owned/possessed by people with bad intentions.
For you, does it matter if the guns are possessed legally or Illegally when is comes to "getting guns off the streets"?
Does the race of the gun owner/possessor matter to you when it comes to "getting guns off the streets"?

Back to transfer portal discussion.......
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:55 am getting guns off the streets is my favorite.
Well, certain guns owned by certain people at least.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:55 am getting guns off the streets is my favorite.
I thought it was seniors and the big guy
Just Ledoux it