Transfer portal 2022

Kansas Basketball.
randylahey

Transfer portal 2022

Post by randylahey »

Transfers are going to be a big time part of recruiting from here on out. Thought it was worthy of having its own thread as the transfers begin
Last edited by randylahey on Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
randylahey

Re: Transfer portal 2022

Post by randylahey »

I'm sure this has already been mentioned somewhere. but a hilarious way of starting the thread

Nijel pack:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... fer-portal
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Best rebounder in NCAA not named Tsciebwe is available. Aimaq, or whatever it is.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

randylahey wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:43 pm I'm sure this has already been mentioned somewhere. but a hilarious way of starting the thread

Nijel pack:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... fer-portal
Imagine how much sadder it would be in the Octagon of Gloom if he rolled into the little apple next year in a Jayhawk uni and dropped 8 treys on them. If only Weber was still there to enjoy it.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Mjl wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:32 pm Best rebounder in NCAA not named Tsciebwe is available. Aimaq, or whatever it is.
6'11 Utah Valley State player that averaged 18.9/13.6. Career 46% from 3.
Narrowed his list to Arkansas, Kentucky, Iowa, Texas Tech, Washington
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Kentucky fans want Nijel Pack...hilarious.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

randylahey wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:28 pm
Mjl wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:32 pm Best rebounder in NCAA not named Tsciebwe is available. Aimaq, or whatever it is.
6'11 Utah Valley State player that averaged 18.9/13.6. Career 46% from 3.
Narrowed his list to Arkansas, Kentucky, Iowa, Texas Tech, Washington
Oh, darn
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

dookies apparently showing interest in Pack
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I just don't see that as a position of need, when we're gonna play one big at a time, we have Clemence, we have Udeh, and we have Cam Martin (unless he's terrible), and you can play KJ at the 5.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

InfiniteJ wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:55 pm Kentucky fans want Nijel Pack...hilarious.
So, how much more slack does Cal have? Because the going has NOT been smooth of late. UK is very clearly behind KU and Nova right now (and possibly others).
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

I don't see how you can play Clemence as the lone big for extended periods of time unless he adds 20+ lbs of muscle. Same goes for 6'7" KJ who I think you'll see more on the wing for the rest of his career than being the lone big in a lineup. Outside those two, your putting faith in a D2 transfer and a freshman.

Broome will be arguably the best big on the market and a legit shot blocker who you can also throw the ball to on the block and he'll get a bucket.

Doesn't need to be a position of need, if you can still upgrade it, why not?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:43 pm I just don't see that as a position of need, when we're gonna play one big at a time, we have Clemence, we have Udeh, and we have Cam Martin (unless he's terrible), and you can play KJ at the 5.
For once I agree with phd. We have a lot of big bodies for next season. Cam Martin is a wildcard, but hes a big experienced body that can shoot. Worst case scenario for him is seldom used depth.

KJ and clemence will play a lot next year, maybe together. Udeh is a prospect with massive upside that will probably back them up

And thats not even mentioning zuby ejiofor. Another top 50 prospect who could eventually be a damn good college player
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

NDballer13 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:53 pm I don't see how you can play Clemence as the lone big for extended periods of time unless he adds 20+ lbs of muscle. Same goes for 6'7" KJ who I think you'll see more on the wing for the rest of his career than being the lone big in a lineup. Outside those two, your putting faith in a D2 transfer and a freshman.

Broome will be arguably the best big on the market and a legit shot blocker who you can also throw the ball to on the block and he'll get a bucket.

I think you might be underestimating clemence and adams. They will come back a lot stronger, but players often make a big jump between fresh and sophomore, and I think both these guys are poised to take huge steps forward. They got their feet wet this year and are ready for that opportunity.

Do you guys think they can play together at the 4 and 5? I do. One is athletic/mobile enough to guard 1-5 and one can shoot better than all our guards. Self can create match up nightmares building around those 2
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I think our most likely/needed addition through the transfer portal is another big guard. A JCL type guy. Versatile experienced shooter. If Christian and jalen both leave as insuspect the might, we don't have much depth on the wing
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

NDballer13 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:53 pm I don't see how you can play Clemence as the lone big for extended periods of time unless he adds 20+ lbs of muscle. Same goes for 6'7" KJ who I think you'll see more on the wing for the rest of his career than being the lone big in a lineup. Outside those two, your putting faith in a D2 transfer and a freshman.

I'm a lot more positive about Clemence than you are. I think he starts, probably plays 25+ mpg.

I don't think he'd be an upgrade. I've seen too many guys with nice statlines come to KU and then not play. His school played the 217th SOS last year, he's not putting up those numbers in the Big12 or against blue blood schools.

Clemence had good numbers per 40 and remember, he got hurt and that slowed his progress, but he appeared poised to pass Mitch on the depth chart for a while.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:43 pm I just don't see that as a position of need, when we're gonna play one big at a time, we have Clemence, we have Udeh, and we have Cam Martin (unless he's terrible), and you can play KJ at the 5.
And if Martin is terrible as I suspect, Zuby is also coming in. He might not get minutes on most KU teams, but if the competition is Martin who can't play here . . .
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:53 pm
InfiniteJ wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:55 pm Kentucky fans want Nijel Pack...hilarious.
So, how much more slack does Cal have? Because the going has NOT been smooth of late. UK is very clearly behind KU and Nova right now (and possibly others).
I think it's absurd for their fans to even discuss getting rid of Cal, but they clobbered the shit out of us this season and were also better than Villanova. A big if, but Oscar and Shaedon Sharpe coming back would make them preseason #1.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

randylahey wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:54 pm
For once I agree with phd. We have a lot of big bodies for next season. Cam Martin is a wildcard, but hes a big experienced body that can shoot. Worst case scenario for him is seldom used depth.

KJ and clemence will play a lot next year, maybe together. Udeh is a prospect with massive upside that will probably back them up

And thats not even mentioning zuby ejiofor. Another top 50 prospect who could eventually be a damn good college player
Zuby is ranked in the 90's to 100's. He might be Muscadin.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Zuby is 47th Rivals.
76th ESPN.