Biden's top priority

Ugh.
dolomite
Contributor

Re: Biden's top priority

Post by dolomite »

Putin thinks he has everyone over a barrel. He’s daring anyone to stop him. He’ll use poison gas if he has to and thinks no one can stop him. Apparently he couldn’t care less if He turns Ukraine into a wasteland.
The only thing that can stop Putin is a billion dollar reward and a bullet to the head. Draconian measures required for this criminal.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:02 am ever since china whipped up their fungus and shipped it around the world, i have been on a crusade to not purchase stuff made in china. whenever possible, i boycott china.
You say some of the dumbest shit
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Overlander wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:53 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:02 am ever since china whipped up their fungus and shipped it around the world, i have been on a crusade to not purchase stuff made in china. whenever possible, i boycott china.
You say some of the dumbest shit
Well, he's being completely owned by a piece of cloth.

It's very similar to illy and lobby, there was a time when mich wasn't a complete piece of trash.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

In recent days, GOP senators, governors, and Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), have begun calling on the Biden administration to boost domestic oil and gas production as a way to ease rising energy costs caused by Russia’s war in Ukraine. From an age-old playbook, the fossil fuel industry and its allies are exploiting the Ukraine crisis to boost US oil and gas development and weaken environmental protections for new oil and gas projects.

This is dangerously short-sighted, both in our collective fight to save a dying planet and in the fight against an aggressive, autocratic petrostate like Russia. Russia’s invasion of Ukraine represents further proof that America needs to shift quickly to a clean energy economy that will protect our national security, secure energy independence, and save Americans money…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

From Fortune.com (re reaching out to Saudi Arabia and Venezuela for more oil to make up for Russian oil.)

Aside from international plays, Cahill said Biden’s main focus should be building energy security and reducing dependence on any foreign countries by ramping up domestic production of oil while investing in clean energy.”
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

dolomite wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:05 pm ramping up domestic production of oil while investing in clean energy.”
Some pure genius in this
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

The good times are rolling for Big Oil. 3 things to know about their surging profits

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/07/10971774 ... ices-crude
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

a tale of two stickers:

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:57 am The good times are rolling for Big Oil. 3 things to know about their surging profits

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/07/10971774 ... ices-crude
this article's all over the place.

is the Russian invasion of Ukraine a good thing or bad thing? It's bad in that oil companies pulled out of the Russian market, but apparently a net good for them in that the war sent the price of crude through the roof?

and how does such a detailed article about big oil publish with no mention of big-oil induced climate change, nor of alternative energy? What if Exxon put that $30 billion they plan put toward stock buybacks toward, shall we say, research and development? Is this not yet another example of short-term profits trumping all - up to and including the destruction of the earth?

which leads us to Biden and dems. so watcha gonna do, Sleepy Joe et al? Is there any real consequence to the accusations you made against CEOs of price gouging? Or is the only real pressure yer gonna put on Big Oil gonna be to increase production?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Biden is to blame, just as the Oil Companies and their GOP chimps designed it
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I love the “President controls the gas prices” crowd even more than the “President controls the economy” crowd. Both are clear pieces of evidence that you’re talking to an idiot, but the gas crowd is impressively stupid. Like cave man dumb.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the President gets the credit. the President gets the blame. that's the nature of the game.

uncle joe wanted the gig. i bet he regrets it. him and his party have run it so far into the ground.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Cascadia wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:37 am I love the “President controls the gas prices” crowd even more than the “President controls the economy” crowd. Both are clear pieces of evidence that you’re talking to an idiot, but the gas crowd is impressively stupid. Like cave man dumb.
It's honestly proof of quantum dynamics, that "$90,000 12mpg Truck (That's Never Touched Dirt) Fitted out with Urban Combat Gear Guy" also gets to be "Whines About Gas Prices the Euros Have Been Paying for 20 Years Guy".
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:01 am the President gets the credit. the President gets the blame. that's the nature of the game.

uncle joe wanted the gig. i bet he regrets it. him and his party have run it so far into the ground.

Right on queue, impressively stupid.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

jfish26 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:59 am
Cascadia wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:37 am I love the “President controls the gas prices” crowd even more than the “President controls the economy” crowd. Both are clear pieces of evidence that you’re talking to an idiot, but the gas crowd is impressively stupid. Like cave man dumb.
It's honestly proof of quantum dynamics, that "$90,000 12mpg Truck (That's Never Touched Dirt) Fitted out with Urban Combat Gear Guy" also gets to be "Whines About Gas Prices the Euros Have Been Paying for 20 Years Guy".
Pretty much. The big truck, small cock crowd are some of the worst people in this country.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i don't think it's the $90,000.00 truck/suv sector of the driving population that is feeling the pain at the pump.

but thanks for proving once again how out of touch you are.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:15 am i don't think it's the $90,000.00 truck/suv sector of the driving population that is feeling the pain at the pump.

but thanks for proving once again how out of touch you are.
I agree that that sector of the driving population isn't feeling the pain at the pump.

But that's damn sure the sector running around performatively putting anti-BIden stickers on gas pumps.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Biden’s approval rating is in the low 40s.

The sector of the population unhappy with him is growing by the day.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

nobody cares about stickers. they care about $4.37/gallon.

if the major issue for you at the pumps is the stickers. good for you.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

I care more about inflation than gas prices currently.