Biden's top priority

Ugh.
dolomite
Contributor

Biden's top priority

Post by dolomite »

Bringing inflation under control.
But lowering costs? He isn't thinking clearly. It's oil prices that are causing major inflation, and he wants to decrease energy production. A year or two the U.S. was energy independent and now we have to import oil because of his policies, (700,000 barrels or so from Russia)!

https://cnsnews.com/article/washington/ ... e-national

Cassidy noted that the Biden administration's policies may be increasing carbon pollution: "So now Germany's burning coal instead of natural gas. Not only are we getting more carbon intensity, but we're also putting our European allies at threat of economic downturn and allowing them to be leveraged by Russia."

The solution, Cassidy said, is to "resume using America's resources, ramping them up in order to provide or replace that which Russia would provide.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Biden's top priority

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

something about.................................................................................................................the MIC, specifically NATO forces the U.S. to buy oil from russia because the U.S. is warmongers and uncle joe is putins puppet elected by American oligarchs to do the bidding of the MIC, specifically NATO, because NATO, specifically the MIC, is funded by the warmongers who are in the pocket of uncle joe and putin because they refuse to give peace a chance, because all we are saying is give peace a chance.

or something like that.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

dolomite wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:37 pm Bringing inflation under control.
But lowering costs? He isn't thinking clearly. It's oil prices that are causing major inflation, and he wants to decrease energy production. A year or two the U.S. was energy independent and now we have to import oil because of his policies, (700,000 barrels or so from Russia)!

https://cnsnews.com/article/washington/ ... e-national

Cassidy noted that the Biden administration's policies may be increasing carbon pollution: "So now Germany's burning coal instead of natural gas. Not only are we getting more carbon intensity, but we're also putting our European allies at threat of economic downturn and allowing them to be leveraged by Russia."

The solution, Cassidy said, is to "resume using America's resources, ramping them up in order to provide or replace that which Russia would provide.
The oil stuff there is bogus.

We are the number 1 oil producing country in the world.
We never stopped importing oil.
We still export oil.
The Keystone pipeline was never operational and is being insanely overblown. In no way did that have anything to do with our energy independence.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

we really don't need the oil anymore because something like 1% of the cars on the road today are EV. so we don't need the oil anymore.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Geothermal energy is the answer.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

You mentioned oil. We're the number one producer. And oil is a global commodity with global prices, it's not domestically controlled. You're just taking hook line and sinker the talking points.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

it’s dolo…that’s what he does
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I think we all know what would curb inflation, laser focused tax cuts.

If we just cut taxes for the top 1% again (and maybe raise everyone else's just a tad) we could take money out of circulation that is driving this frenzy of little people buying stuff. Let's reduce demand at the bottom and add a layer of insulating cash to the top earners to help them stay warm in these troubling times. The top 1% isn't fueling this spending spree. We should reward them for consolidating wealth.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Qusdahl

Post by Qusdahl »

Fund the police.

lulz
“Qusdahl ISNT wrong.” - PDub 1/28

“I dont dislike you, even as wildly flailing and uninformed as your theories are” - TDub 2/5
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Qusdahl wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:28 pm Fund the police.

lulz
Consistent with what he said campaigning
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

How is purchasing oil from other countries any better for the environment than producing oil in the U.S. when U.S. regulations are stricter, when the U.S. produces fewer emissions, and when shipping oil also increases the carbon footprint? Before anyone else attempts to explain the difference between sweet and sour crude, U.S. refining, energy independence, etc., take a minute to read and actually respond to the question: How is purchasing oil from other countries better for the environment? Because the Democrat approach to oil regulation is driven by the green energy argument. Meanwhile the price at the gas pump goes up up up. Thanks Joe.
Taylor Sheridan
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

dolomite wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:39 am How is purchasing oil from other countries any better for the environment than producing oil in the U.S. when U.S. regulations are stricter, when the U.S. produces fewer emissions, and when shipping oil also increases the carbon footprint? Before anyone else attempts to explain the difference between sweet and sour crude, U.S. refining, energy independence, etc., take a minute to read and actually respond to the question: How is purchasing oil from other countries better for the environment? Because the Democrat approach to oil regulation is driven by the green energy argument. Meanwhile the price at the gas pump goes up up up. Thanks Joe.
In 2020, the U.S. imported about 27.7 million barrels of crude oil from Russia, which represented a 1.3% of total crude oil imports. The U.S. imported its bulk from Canada—more than 1.3 billion barrels, or 61% of America's 2.2 billion imports.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

On the other hand, by a Tesla. 🤷‍♂️
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

tesla is a solution if you commute to an office.

it doesn't work for me.

it doesn't work for truckers bringing the supplies to your stores

it doesn't work for the people producing your food, or your foods food.
Just Ledoux it
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

TDub wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:05 am tesla is a solution if you commute to an office.

it doesn't work for me.

No one said it works for everything. Stop being an idiot.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Cascadia wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:10 am
TDub wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:05 am tesla is a solution if you commute to an office.

it doesn't work for me.

doyel said buy (well..."by") a tesla as a solution to the rising oil and gas problems. Its not a solution for many many people. Thats my point. Fuck off.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Not too mention the rising oil and gas prices impact much more than just the cost of fuel in the vehicle you drive.

Which was the second point of my post.

fuck off
Just Ledoux it
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

TDub wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:21 am
Cascadia wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:10 am

it doesn't work for me.

doyel said buy (well..."by") a tesla as a solution to the rising oil and gas problems. Its not a solution for many many people. Thats my point. Fuck off.
Stop being white trash