Bill Self w/ 2

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 863

Re: Bill Self w/ 2

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Overlander wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:50 pm
KUTradition wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:16 pm lol…fail

which players got singled out and which got passes for poor games, stalker?
None of that really matters.
What matters is that we all recognize that Illannoy is the most supportive, positive and smartest member of this and every other KU board.
Troll.

Aren't we supposed to keep this stuff off the basketball board?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

stalker
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:13 pmstalker
In his defense, he is more of a cunt
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Overlander wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:14 pm
KUTradition wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:13 pmstalker
In his defense, he is more of a cunt
6 in one hand, half a dozen in the other
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Back on message, there is not a coach on any level of basketball that I would trade HCBS for
Deleted User 863

We agree on that!

Glad to get back on topic.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Thank you.
Let's not.
Please.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I'm still on the high, but with the coaching retirements and the NCAA investigation over soon, anyone else think that Bill might be on a Final Four blitz run.

How sweet if we just rattled off like 5 of 9 Final Fours and another natty before Bill starts thinking about retirement.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:29 pm I'm still on the high, but with the coaching retirements and the NCAA investigation over soon, anyone else think that Bill might be on a Final Four blitz run.

How sweet if we just rattled off like 5 of 9 Final Fours and another natty before Bill starts thinking about retirement.
I didn't a year ago after watching 74-60, 95-79, 89-75 and 85-51 but now I'm starting to feel otherwise. Moments can change people and it seems like Self's personality/coaching style have changed recently. He seems more relaxed than he used to and hopefully that rubs off on his teams. Tournament is always fickle but I will not be surprised is the next 10 seasons are Self's most successful post season years.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Yeah, I was thinking about how Roy became an even better tournament coach (except when matched up against Bill) later on in his career after going to UNC.

We saw this team just blitz other teams in the tournament--Bill's changed stuff up and agree on him being looser. Nerves calm after you start doing it consistently.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

If I were Bill Self, the NCAA bullshit would piss me off so much that I'd say fuck you all, I'm going after Coach K's numbers now.
punkrockhawk

Post by punkrockhawk »

I agree. Self seemed looser during this tournament run and it rubbed off on the team. Now that he has a couple of titles, it should become even easier to do it again, knowing that the pressure is off.
Wiff

Post by Wiff »

I'm already nervous for next season's first round tournament game.
Ain't no seats
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

We need to add a stud transfer and get that Kansas City regional to avenge 2017.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:51 pm If I were Bill Self, the NCAA bullshit would piss me off so much that I'd say fuck you all, I'm going after Coach K's numbers now.
Down for this!
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:29 pm I'm still on the high, but with the coaching retirements and the NCAA investigation over soon, anyone else think that Bill might be on a Final Four blitz run.

I think the seal has broken. Considering that he's arguably the top coach in the sport and he's got a top recruiting class after top recruiting class, he's in as better shape as ever.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:33 pm

I think the seal has broken. Considering that he's arguably the top coach in the sport and he's got a top recruiting class after top recruiting class, he's in as better shape as ever.
plus, he’s “Teflon Bill”

:lol:
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Gutter meter the shit outta me.

But I thought that was gonna happen after 08...then uni and vcu happened

I thought we were in the midst of one of those runs in 16, 17, and 18....I mean we shoulda made 3 straight F4s and added a title or two....
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 863

Thanks for keeping us all in check illy, i mean phd.

Although tbh, i thought we looked fairly tight in several tournament games, as well as the UK game. Which probably comes with the territory when you're favored to win nearly every game. As well as having such a crazy fanbase that is so large/supportive. The players care and want to do well so badly that it can occasionally result in tightness. It's a lot easier said than done to "play freely".

Winning cures all though.