DDD Gets Raided

Ugh.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: DDD Gets Raided

Post by jhawks99 »

Were the top secret files on aliens in there?
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

The National Archives found more than 700 pages of classified material — including “special access program materials,” some of the most highly classified secrets in the government…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:01 pm The National Archives found more than 700 pages of classified material — including “special access program materials,” some of the most highly classified secrets in the government…
So, Aliens, right?
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:49 pm
KUTradition wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:01 pm The National Archives found more than 700 pages of classified material — including “special access program materials,” some of the most highly classified secrets in the government…
So, Aliens, right?
https://youtu.be/KwIo9Y9iJ6A
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I'm fairly certain that we have no evidence of alien life. There's no way dumbfuck would have kept that a secret.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

🤡
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Cascadia wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:43 pm I'm fairly certain that we have no evidence of alien life. There's no way dumbfuck would have kept that a secret.
He kept his taxes secret so far.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/29/11199189 ... -privilege

what could be protected by attorney-client privilege?

I don't remember where, but I seem to recall recently reading that attorney-client privilege does NOT apply to criminal activity, such as defrauding the United States and such.

but, seeing a headline that can be construed as some victory for Trump makes me think he very well may somehow squirm his way out of this shit too. Par for the course. #MAGA2024
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I don't think the documents regarding aliens and nukular secrets would be covered by that. I'm guessing if there are documents regarding conversations with DDD's lawyer, that would be covered. But what do I know.
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:56 pm https://www.npr.org/2022/08/29/11199189 ... -privilege

what could be protected by attorney-client privilege?

I don't remember where, but I seem to recall recently reading that attorney-client privilege does NOT apply to criminal activity, such as defrauding the United States and such.

but, seeing a headline that can be construed as some victory for Trump makes me think he very well may somehow squirm his way out of this shit too. Par for the course. #MAGA2024
The man has been in constant legal hot water for decades so it would only surprise me if there were not a few documents amongst thousands that are covered by attorney client privilege. It has zero bearing on the other documents.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

What’s the point of a story like that then?

Of all the bombshell headlines the Trump circus has produced, why even bother to report a few documents amongst thousands?

Especially when it’s giving just the fuel that the magahead fire craves.

I might expect it from fox and friends, but what’s npr even doing
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:36 am What’s the point of a story like that then?

Of all the bombshell headlines the Trump circus has produced, why even bother to report a few documents amongst thousands?

It's reporting the developments in the case as they come. I read it as a rather bland update to a long legal process. I don't know why you think this is some sort of "fuel to the fire" controversy. Like I said, it would be pretty shocking if there weren't any documents that are covered under attorney client privilege.
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:36 am What’s the point of a story like that then?

Because people like you eat it up. Without bothering to think critically about what you're reading.

It cracks me up that you think it is fuel for magaheads without having the self awareness to realize it seems to be fueling you equally as much.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:44 am

It's reporting the developments in the case as they come. I read it as a rather bland update to a long legal process. I don't know why you think this is some sort of "fuel to the fire" controversy. Like I said, it would be pretty shocking if there weren't any documents that are covered under attorney client privilege.
Exactly.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:18 am

Because people like you eat it up. Without bothering to think critically about what you're reading.

It cracks me up that you think it is fuel for magaheads without having the self awareness to realize it seems to be fueling you equally as much.
It's NPR. The notion of a magahead looking at a boring, neutral news site for a boring, neutral update to the case is a bit amusing on it's own.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:22 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:18 am

It's NPR. The notion of a magahead looking at a boring, neutral news site for a boring, neutral update to the case is a bit amusing on it's own.
Very true.

Magaheads don't need updates. They have already made up their mind. No update or evidence discovered is going to make a bit of difference to them.

The extreme sides already have their minds made up about just about any political related topic you can think of. The actual evidence makes no difference to them.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

I would imagine those “secret” files are not so secret now that they’ve passed through so many hands.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I wonder how many Mar-A-Lago janitors have perused classified info by now.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

So, what youze guyz are saying is that the truth about the aliens will be released soon.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:15 am I wonder how many Mar-A-Lago janitors have perused classified info by now.
My guess is zero.