Big 12 Game Thread #1 - vs. Oklahoma

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 75

Re: Big 12 Game Thread #1 - vs. Oklahoma

Post by Deleted User 75 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:58 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:43 am
pdub wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:35 am I think twocoach was 'flaming' during the second half where we let the Sooners get within four points.
Regardless of when, comparing dedric's hands to mitch's is pretty fucking stupid and over the top. Apparently telling him to "relax" after that is coming to the thread only to put down a bunch of KU fans.....?
Comment on the game in the game thread.

When good plays happened, I commented on them. When bad plays happened, I commented on them. If some of my comments seem too stupid for you or you do not feel comfortable with my positive comment to negative comment ratio, then take your own advice and utilize the ignore feature.

And for the record, telling someone to relax in the game thread is about as useful and welcome as telling your wife to relax in an argument. It is rarely well received.
Are you just going to keep repeating some version of these 2 paragraphs over and over?

You've said all that.

And when I told you to relax it wasn't in the midst of an argument. It was a comment. On the game. In the game thread....even though apparently I didn't comment on the game, except all my posts I can find during the game were about the game.
Last edited by Deleted User 75 on Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

He'll never stop telling other people how to post.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The guaranteed money from being a lotto pick is substantially different than some 2nd round contract.
He should stay and I think he will.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Especially given that the mechanics of his jumper suggest that he could make a significant improvement in his perimeter shot...which, depending on who else is back, could mean he puts up some impressive stats. I really think he could significantly climb the draft boards as a sophomore. just my biased opinion.

Deleted User 75

pdub wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:27 am The guaranteed money from being a lotto pick is substantially different than some 2nd round contract.
He should stay and I think he will.
I think he'll stay too.

Although I'm not in the crowd that thinks he will be a lotto pick regardless...

Although like PhD mentioned, his jumper "looks" good, so he could definitely improve it so much that it's eventually viewed as a weapon and not a weakness.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Graham is a much better shooter and he is still bouncing back and forth from the NBA. Hopefully Dotson gets some NBA feedback, returns and we get another season of him after an offseason focusing on his three point shot.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:30 am Especially given that the mechanics of his jumper suggest that he could make a significant improvement in his perimeter shot...which, depending on who else is back, could mean he puts up some impressive stats. I really think he could significantly climb the draft boards as a sophomore. just my biased opinion.
I agree. Selden had nothing to gain by coming back. Dotson does. He could get into that 1st Round guaranteed money and it would be well worth the time and effort.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Graham is older than Wiggins, which is a huge part of why he wasn't drafted higher and why his team isn't more invested in him. Dotson is still a teenager.

Deleted User 75

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:52 am Graham is older than Wiggins, which is a huge part of why he wasn't drafted higher and why his team isn't more invested in him. Dotson is still a teenager.
They may not view him as their next Kemba (and why would they), but I do think they value him as a future rotation player. The start last night shows that. And the minutes load. To me, they seem more in favor of graham than monk even though the salaries would make you think they'd push hard for Monk.

I think graham can stick around. I actually view the bouncing back and forth as a good thing. Especially having him travel with the team and sit on bench even in street clothes when inactive.

With Kemba and Parker the need for him is not there this year...but next year parker may retire and then there's a void he can fill. 20mpg type guy off the bench. Pays better than most careers.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:01 am
PhDhawk wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:52 am Graham is older than Wiggins, which is a huge part of why he wasn't drafted higher and why his team isn't more invested in him. Dotson is still a teenager.
They may not view him as their next Kemba (and why would they), but I do think they value him as a future rotation player. The start last night shows that. And the minutes load. To me, they seem more in favor of graham than monk even though the salaries would make you think they'd push hard for Monk.

I think graham can stick around. I actually view the bouncing back and forth as a good thing. Especially having him travel with the team and sit on bench even in street clothes when inactive.

With Kemba and Parker the need for him is not there this year...but next year parker may retire and then there's a void he can fill. 20mpg type guy off the bench. Pays better than most careers.
My point was that a second round pick gets treated differently by a franchise than a top 15 pick.

Deleted User 75

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:10 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:01 am

My point was that a second round pick gets treated differently by a franchise than a top 15 pick.
Absolutely...but only for a short time.

Monk was a lotto pick (iirc) and Charlotte is quickly losing interest in him it appears. He only played 5min last night.

I wasn't countering your point at all when it comes to Dotson, just wanted to throw some love Grahams way and show some deserved optimism about his NBA chances going forward.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:26 am He'll never stop telling other people how to post.
that’s rich
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:18 pm So who has weaker hands that get the ball stripped more, Dedric Lawson or Mitch Lightfoot?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsLb9cVheEa ... ymklc1a4l7
I am, I said.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Soklous wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:00 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:18 pm So who has weaker hands that get the ball stripped more, Dedric Lawson or Mitch Lightfoot?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsLb9cVheEa ... ymklc1a4l7
Manek deserved that just for the terrible hair and moustache.