CNN sucks

Ugh.
Deleted User 75

Re: CNN sucks

Post by Deleted User 75 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:24 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:14 pm I don't bash you for using or not using any media. I couldn't care less what you read.

I just find it odd that you'd spend your time engaging with media you clearly find irritating.

But then, you're not the only one. David Brock has grown very wealthy doing just that.
I personally find it very useful to know what people who disagree with me think. We all have preferences and blind spots. Learning about things from an angle I don't typically view the world is a good mental exercise for me personally. Maybe it's odd but that doesn't stop me from doing things. It works for me.
Not odd at all. I watch CNN and they annoy the crap out of me most nights.
Deleted User 75

ousdahl wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:22 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:02 pm
Geezer wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:44 pm There are millions hanging on every word on Fox News from 6 til 10 every night.
And millions who don't.

I mean...you understand that the prime time lineup is OPINION journalism, not news, right?
Do any Fox News viewers understand that?
Do CNN viewers understand that as well?

Those 2 stations are very similar even though they say things that are completely opposite of 1 another.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:02 am
twocoach wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:24 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:14 pm I don't bash you for using or not using any media. I couldn't care less what you read.

I just find it odd that you'd spend your time engaging with media you clearly find irritating.

But then, you're not the only one. David Brock has grown very wealthy doing just that.
I personally find it very useful to know what people who disagree with me think. We all have preferences and blind spots. Learning about things from an angle I don't typically view the world is a good mental exercise for me personally. Maybe it's odd but that doesn't stop me from doing things. It works for me.
Not odd at all. I watch CNN and they annoy the crap out of me most nights.
They annoy the crap out of me most nights as well. It's been 2 years and they still seem to be trying to convince me that Trump is an immoral liar. Their audience is largely already convinced. It wasn't hard. We get it; time to move beyond that.

If they would spend less time in the kiddie pool of the argument, they could spend more time talking about some of the things more people want to see happen. Focus not just on the fact that people want better, more affordable health care but do stories on what that includes. I don't need my wish list read back to me. Tell me what's done to make it a checklist of accomplishments.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:04 am
DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:02 pm

And millions who don't.

I mean...you understand that the prime time lineup is OPINION journalism, not news, right?

Those 2 stations are very similar even though they say things that are completely opposite of 1 another.
yeah, but are the viewers very similar?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Uv KorSE KnOT.

CunSeRVAtiVeS iZ dUM.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

you guys seem to suggest the average CNN view is analogous to the average Fox News viewer, as if to imply CNN has viewers.
Deleted User 75

ousdahl wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:03 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:04 am

yeah, but are the viewers very similar?
I imagine so. Both partisan. Both Americans. Both think the other side is full of idiots.

I get your dig. It's funny, no doubt, but as much as the left wants to believe that the majority of the right are toothless hillbillies who can't spell CAT, that's really not the case unfortunately. Less college educated, sure....but that doesn't always mean dumb. I've got family members who are so far right it makes my head spin. Super smart, college degrees, business owners....you'd probably guess they were liberal looking at their resumes. They annoy the shit out of me, but they're fox news watchers and defenders.
Deleted User 75

ousdahl wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:15 am you guys seem to suggest the average CNN view is analogous to the average Fox News viewer, as if to imply CNN has viewers.
Via Adweek (no clue if it's reputable, but couldn't find a good meme to replace the info ;-) )

Top 5 Basic Cable Networks of August 2017 (Prime Time)

Fox News (2,206,000)
MSNBC (1,835,000)
USA (1,499,000)
HGTV (1,429,000)
TBS (1,258,000)

(In article it indicated CNN is top 10 in this category)

Top 5 Basic Cable Networks: August 2017 (Total Day)

Fox News (1,345,000)
Nickelodeon (1,165,000)
MSNBC (1,002,000)
CNN (832,000)
Adult Swim (809,000)
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

2 million people? Why that's practically almost kinda two-thirds of one percent of the population of the country! That's EVERYBUDDY!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

well, Fox News does dominate both categories.

but hey, maybe one of these days CNN can creep up on Nickelodeon!

that is, unless Adult Swim doesn't creep up quicker...
Last edited by ousdahl on Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deleted User 75

ousdahl wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:27 am well, Fox News does dominate both categories.

but hey, maybe one of these days CNN can creep up on Nickelodeon!

that is, unless Adult Swim doesn't creep up quicker...
I was surprised by adult swim too!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

^^^

why watch some petty desperate news network spat with some petty desperate POTUS when you could just watch Robot Chicken instead?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:32 am ^^^

why watch some petty desperate news network spat with some petty desperate POTUS when you could just watch Robot Chicken instead?
Take it to the Coachemup Suggestion Box thread!