CNN sucks

Ugh.
dolomite
Contributor

CNN sucks

Post by dolomite »

Important story not reported on by the Clinton news network: (doesn't fit their agenda)

https://www.foxnews.com/us/alabama-mcdo ... n-shootout

(maybe it's buried somewhere)
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 62

Re: CNN sucks

Post by Deleted User 62 »

"A brave dad armed with a pistol stopped what could have been a mass shooting".

Written like state run TV.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

AWESOME story!
Another case of two people getting shot instead of 3 or more people getting shot.
Wait, never-mind, the story clearly states someone besides the father (the son) (who was not armed?) got shot too. That makes 3 people. Wonderfuckingful!
How about no people get shot? Just a thought.
Its fucking sickening that I live in a country where people feel a need to keep a gun on their person while taking their kid/s to get something to eat in a McDonalds - and people feel a need to walk in to a McDonalds and start shooting other people.
More guns is obviously the solution. Right?

* P.S. It also sucks that I live in a country where people are more concerned with what news outlet posts or doesn't post something - instead of caring about what actually occurred.
Not singling you out specifically dolomite but it happens way too often these days.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

FoxNews also has near the top of their main page a story about the family of a 20 year old who died in a pancake eating contest suing the university that held the event and a story about some idiot who glued her fake vampire teeth on and couldn't get them off so...
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Gutter wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:15 am AWESOME story!
Another case of two people getting shot instead of 3 or more people getting shot.
Wait, never-mind, the story clearly states someone besides the father (the son) (who was not armed?) got shot too. That makes 3 people. Wonderfuckingful!
How about no people get shot? Just a thought.
Its fucking sickening that I live in a country where people feel a need to keep a gun on their person while taking their kid/s to get something to eat in a McDonalds - and people feel a need to walk in to a McDonalds and start shooting other people.
More guns is obviously the solution. Right?

* P.S. It also sucks that I live in a country where people are more concerned with what news outlet posts or doesn't post something - instead of caring about what actually occurred.
Not singling you out specifically dolomite but it happens way too often these days.
As Thomas Hobbes said in Leviathan, the only way to guarantee your safety is to give up your freedom. Of course, that presupposes that you trust the people to whom you voluntarily forfeit your rights.

Take away guns and people will stab each other with knives. Take away knives and it will be pointed sticks. Take away pointed sticks and it will be rocks. Take away rocks and it will be bare fists. So, then what do we do? Cut off everyone's arms and legs? Then they'll bite each other.

You can't Nerf the world without putting yourself in a place to be exploited by people who don't follow the rules.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:33 pm FoxNews also has near the top of their main page a story about the family of a 20 year old who died in a pancake eating contest suing the university that held the event and a story about some idiot who glued her fake vampire teeth on and couldn't get them off so...
So?

Why do you fucking bother? Just to make sure you stay pissed off?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:51 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:33 pm FoxNews also has near the top of their main page a story about the family of a 20 year old who died in a pancake eating contest suing the university that held the event and a story about some idiot who glued her fake vampire teeth on and couldn't get them off so...
So?

Why do you fucking bother? Just to make sure you stay pissed off?
Wouldn't I have to be pissed off to stay pissed off?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

You sure seem pissed off at the stories Fox has the temerity to run.

And if you're not pissed off, then you care in some capacity -- because you spend your time checking, as well as fulminating about it.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:03 pm You sure seem pissed off at the stories Fox has the temerity to run.

And if you're not pissed off, then you care in some capacity -- because you spend your time checking, as well as fulminating about it.
"Comment on" is not the same as "pissed off about".

And as I have consistently stated, I believe in consuming a multitude of different media sources. Sheesh, Dems get bashed for allegedly only reading CNN and now I have to defend reading FoxNews as well?!? Make up your mind!
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I don't bash you for using or not using any media. I couldn't care less what you read.

I just find it odd that you'd spend your time engaging with media you clearly find irritating.

But then, you're not the only one. David Brock has grown very wealthy doing just that.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:14 pm I don't bash you for using or not using any media. I couldn't care less what you read.

I just find it odd that you'd spend your time engaging with media you clearly find irritating.

But then, you're not the only one. David Brock has grown very wealthy doing just that.
I personally find it very useful to know what people who disagree with me think. We all have preferences and blind spots. Learning about things from an angle I don't typically view the world is a good mental exercise for me personally. Maybe it's odd but that doesn't stop me from doing things. It works for me.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

No, the weird thing is that you think Fox News is the means to that end.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

There are millions hanging on every word on Fox News from 6 til 10 every night.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I like NPR cuz the articles are written in a tone that sounds the least like the person writing it is yelling.

And also BBC, which is not the same as the BBC in your mom’s browser history.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Geezer wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:44 pm There are millions hanging on every word on Fox News from 6 til 10 every night.
And millions who don't.

I mean...you understand that the prime time lineup is OPINION journalism, not news, right?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:02 pm
Geezer wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:44 pm There are millions hanging on every word on Fox News from 6 til 10 every night.
And millions who don't.

I mean...you understand that the prime time lineup is OPINION journalism, not news, right?
Do any Fox News viewers understand that?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:22 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:02 pm
And millions who don't.

Do any Fox News viewers understand that?
And thus the problem with Fox News.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I kNOw cONseRVatIveS iZ dUM.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

^^^^

you can’t spell “conservatives iz dum” without imzcount.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:32 pm No, the weird thing is that you think Fox News is the means to that end.
At what point do you realize that you just argue stupid shit for the sake of arguing with me? Everyone else realizes it; just put me on ignore. We will both be better off for it.