God Almighty

Ugh.
Overlander
Contributor

Re: God Almighty

Post by Overlander »

Being aware of social injustices and calling them out is suddenly a bad thing.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

makes me proud to be a woke liberal
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

defixione wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:21 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:33 pm
It's apparently much worse to be considered "woke" than to be a traitor to your country. Such patriotism from those that claim they are the patriots.
https://twitter.com/RepBowman/status/16 ... w3XlA&s=19
I fully agree with everything he said. It's the easy label to slap on anything that you don't want to have happen. Label it "woke" and it is seen as absurd and unnecessary by their supporters without them having to actually say out loud "I do not want to give money to those communities because I do not value them".
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:38 pm
Overlander wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:14 pm
defixione wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:21 am That, and suffering from varied personal fears.
This. They have to have some form of boogeyman to hate, fear, distrust, etc
Those things motivate people across the entire political spectrum. It's used so frequently because over time it works.
"Both sides do it". Got it.

It seems to be the primary driver of a vast majority of the GOP platform today. Guns, immigration, voting "rights". Abortion seems to be one of the few GOP hot topics that isn't primarily based on a "be scared of (fill in the blank)" boogeyman.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:49 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:38 pm
Overlander wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:14 pm

This. They have to have some form of boogeyman to hate, fear, distrust, etc
Those things motivate people across the entire political spectrum. It's used so frequently because over time it works.
"Both sides do it". Got it.

It seems to be the primary driver of a vast majority of the GOP platform today. Guns, immigration, voting "rights". Abortion seems to be one of the few GOP hot topics that isn't primarily based on a "be scared of (fill in the blank)" boogeyman.
Fear motivates. And not just politically.

But go with the boilerplate "both sides do it" boogeyman.