Modern feminism thread

Ugh.
seahawk

Re: Modern feminism thread

Post by seahawk »

Of course, sometimes wives who keep themselves fit and thin and spend at least an hour every day on their hair run off with someone else.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

seahawk wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:18 pm Blah,blah,blah,triggered outrage, misognist!,blah,blah,etc....
We have entered the twilight zone.
imzcount

Post by imzcount »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:22 pm
seahawk wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:18 pm Blah,blah,blah,triggered outrage, misognist!,blah,blah,etc....
Pretty much. This woman is nuts.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

imzcount wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:38 pm
Pretty much. This woman is nuts.
When she’s on Ignore, you are blissfully unaware.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

lobster wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:22 pm If what I wrote was so shocking, it's a sign that some of you need to a little more research on how men really feel about women these days. Just google why men are looking abroad for wives in places like South America. I don't see anything "shocking" with stating that I have always wanted a feminine woman who doesn't act like a man and who keeps her hair. I don't apologize for wanting that.
Lobs, to whom are you referring? Who is shocked and by what are they shocked about? I don't think anyone wants to change your personal desire for a feminine woman who doesn't act like a man. You have freedom of choice.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

DrPepper wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:44 pm
lobster wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:22 pm If what I wrote was so shocking, it's a sign that some of you need to a little more research on how men really feel about women these days. Just google why men are looking abroad for wives in places like South America. I don't see anything "shocking" with stating that I have always wanted a feminine woman who doesn't act like a man and who keeps her hair. I don't apologize for wanting that.
Lobs, to whom are you referring? Who is shocked and by what are they shocked about? I don't think anyone wants to change your personal desire for a feminine woman who doesn't act like a man. You have freedom of choice.
I'm not going to go back through this entire thread, but there's been several comments like "JFC" or "do you read what you write?" sort of thing. It might have been Feral, mjl, jeepin, Russia, etc.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I wrote "JFC" to you. It wasn't because I was "shocked" by your desires for a feminine woman who only does stereotypical feminine things. Rather, I was shocked that
(1) your writing was not linear (this may be a sign of super intelligence, but is not very convincing to us mere mortals).
(2) That you feel it your duty to EVANGELIZE your beliefs on to others, telling us how to live, right down to the proper hairstyle, to obtain Your definition of happiness that You insist You want all of us to have. You can have an opinion, but don't get pissy if people do not like evangelizing. This is America and a lot of people tend to appreciate their freedom to make their own conclusions.
(3) I was shocked that you think there is a big problem with unhappy/never-married 37-year-old women. Maybe you need to do a little more research on how women really feel.
(4) I was shocked with your garbled writing that stated to be happy we "have to be honest about reality as a first step" and we should "challenge these things that are scientifically proving to cause unhappiness." If we had scientific proof, wouldn't that be reality? You are painting things black and white and simple, and then contradicting yourself. I asked for sources, but you didn't provide any.
So I could concur, "do you read what you write?"

And another thing, I also said to you "That was very trumpian of you to gaslight with the preemptive non-thinkers comment in your last line." Carefully read that and see that I am not calling you a Trump supporter nor Republican. You may be those things, but I did not say you were. I was implying that you were arguing with tactics that Trump commonly uses.
Deleted User 104

DrPepper wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:31 pm I wrote "JFC" to you. It wasn't because I was "shocked" by your desires for a feminine woman who only does stereotypical feminine things. Rather, I was shocked that
(1) your writing was not linear (this may be a sign of super intelligence, but is not very convincing to us mere mortals).
(2) That you feel it your duty to EVANGELIZE your beliefs on to others, telling us how to live, right down to the proper hairstyle, to obtain Your definition of happiness that You insist You want all of us to have. You can have an opinion, but don't get pissy if people do not like evangelizing. This is America and a lot of people tend to appreciate their freedom to make their own conclusions.
(3) I was shocked that you think there is a big problem with unhappy/never-married 37-year-old women. Maybe you need to do a little more research on how women really feel.
(4) I was shocked with your garbled writing that stated to be happy we "have to be honest about reality as a first step" and we should "challenge these things that are scientifically proving to cause unhappiness." If we had scientific proof, wouldn't that be reality? You are painting things black and white and simple, and then contradicting yourself. I asked for sources, but you didn't provide any.

And another thing, I also said to you "That was very trumpian of you to gaslight with the preemptive non-thinkers comment in your last line." Carefully read that and see that I am not calling you a Trump supporter nor Republican. You may be those things, but I did not say you were. I was implying that you were arguing with tactics that Trump commonly uses.
1. I can be sometimes a bit disorganized in following up in responses. Sometimes I respond out of order and I think I know what you're getting at. I wouldn't say I'm super intelligent, but I do sincerely try to find the truth in things.

2. I don't agree that I want to "force" my ideas on others here. From what I gather, it seems the whole point of this politics forum is for people to make their little arguments here and people can agree or disagree. It's just interesting and entertaining (sometimes, anyway). So anyway, I don't know where this idea is coming from that I want to evangelize. If you can point out a line I wrote, I'll look at it. Also, I don't remember being pissy at anyone in this thread. I was a little snarky in one response to chickin' but it was a sincere response (I do feel sorry for him being surrounded by feminists). There's a few people that got a little hysterical with their responses at me, but I calmly gave my response. Also, your response to me could be labeled as trying to force your ideas, based on your own logic standards.

3. It is based on numbers and also based on my own observations of women about my age. I am deeply saddened to see so many women on drugs just to make them feel normal, when I believe feminism is largely responsible for leading them on a path to their pain. And yes, this includes some women I know personally. Your experience may be different (fine) but I'm just sharing mine, and I'm not alone.

4. I'm not painting things in black and white. How many times have I written "nuance" into my postings? I didn't say "all" women should follow one path. I'm just making general statements that I believe would help most women, and I'm not the only one suggesting these ideas.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

No, we entered that long ago when you and Lobster and Psych chose to offer us not real women, but some made up stereotype of "FEMINISTS" that you've all created in your own minds, and then to perseverate about how those fantasy stereotypes of women are abusing your other fantasy females.

Me, I'm someone who back in the day listened to a lecture by some prominent East Coast writer, author of one of the books that are often railed at as "Feminist Writings" by the insecure men today, who said that she had nothing to offer to Kansas women, who'd long had the examples to emulate of Sara Robinson and the other women who survived Quantrill and the female Kansas pioneers detailed by Joanna Stratton in Pioneer Women of Kansas.
Last edited by seahawk on Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

seahawk wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:25 am
No, we entered that long ago when you and Lobster and Psych chose to offer us not real women, but some made up stereotype of "FEMINISTS" that you've all created in your own minds, and then to perseverate about how those fantasy stereotypes of women are abusing your other fantasy females.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 75

seahawk wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:25 am

Me, I'm someone who back in the day listened to a lecture by some prominent East Coast writer, author of one of the books that are often railed at as "Feminist Writings" by the insecure men today, who said that she had nothing to offer to Kansas women, who'd long had the examples to emulate of Sara Robinson and the other women who survived Quantrill and the female Kansas pioneers detailed by Joanna Stratton in Pioneer Women of Kansas.
Quit your fucking incoherent babbling. Nobody gives a fuck about what books you read or who you sat and listened to.

You've always got to center everything on yourself. You're a privileged white feminist with a white savior mentality. I'd love to throw you into a discussion with some women of color feminists who would tear you apart. You're a fraud. Many of you fucking whiny white women don't know what oppression is compared to WOC, so quit centering everything on your whiteness and dry those white tears and check your white fragility. Clown. You love to attack white men to help you feel better about how terrible white women have been to women of color historically when it comes to feminism.

White feminist. Selective feminist. That is what you are.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

No, you have this deranged insistence that at some point I'll break down and believe that only ultra privileged white males like you, Psych and Lobster can determine what I or any other American woman is supposed to think. Like Sara Robinson about the slavers that the modern day racists y'all support wholeheartedly (Trump, McConnell, Graham, etc.) still idolize, I ain't buyin' it. Sara Robinson and our Kansas foremothers were the ones fighting against slavery and risking their homes and families to help set women of color free through the Underground Railroad.

But, you are a hoot, trying to intimidate me now with your "women of color feminist" stuff. I spent last evening at a dinner, sitting by a woman of color and discussing how my women's group can help women of color exercise their right to vote by driving them from wherever they're living post- hurricane to wherever their new polling places might be.

Try again, Illinois.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 75

White savior! Pat yourself on the back some more!

Seagull had dinner with a black person! She's an ally! Just let her tell you about it while she centers everything on herself.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

lobster wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:57 pm
DrPepper wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:31 pm I wrote "JFC" to you. It wasn't because I was "shocked" by your desires for a feminine woman who only does stereotypical feminine things. Rather, I was shocked that

1. I can be sometimes a bit disorganized in following up in responses. Sometimes I respond out of order and I think I know what you're getting at. I wouldn't say I'm super intelligent, but I do sincerely try to find the truth in things.

2. I don't agree that I want to "force" my ideas on others here. From what I gather, it seems the whole point of this politics forum is for people to make their little arguments here and people can agree or disagree. It's just interesting and entertaining (sometimes, anyway). So anyway, I don't know where this idea is coming from that I want to evangelize. If you can point out a line I wrote, I'll look at it. Also, I don't remember being pissy at anyone in this thread. I was a little snarky in one response to chickin' but it was a sincere response (I do feel sorry for him being surrounded by feminists). There's a few people that got a little hysterical with their responses at me, but I calmly gave my response. Also, your response to me could be labeled as trying to force your ideas, based on your own logic standards.

3. It is based on numbers and also based on my own observations of women about my age. I am deeply saddened to see so many women on drugs just to make them feel normal, when I believe feminism is largely responsible for leading them on a path to their pain. And yes, this includes some women I know personally. Your experience may be different (fine) but I'm just sharing mine, and I'm not alone.

4. I'm not painting things in black and white. How many times have I written "nuance" into my postings? I didn't say "all" women should follow one path. I'm just making general statements that I believe would help most women, and I'm not the only one suggesting these ideas.
Lob, I respect your views here because you're intellectually honest and don't limit yourself to a little information bubble.

With that said, everything DP said is really true. Maybe go back and read some of your posts on this thread.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:31 am White savior! Pat yourself on the back some more!

Seagull had dinner with a black person! She's an ally! Just let her tell you about it while she centers everything on herself.
Wait, aren't you the privileged white guy who complained that I didn't spend enough time with you other white guys talking about black men who play a pretty much all black sport? As always, there's the Illinois Standard for himself and white men of privilege....and another for women.

I don't think we were talking about saviors of any kind, just women who are lucky enough not to live in hurricane zones helping those who are not so lucky. It is undoubtedly upsetting that this lady and I are part of a women's group, run by women, where you've already explained that you approve of your wife working because it's in an organization where everything she does is controlled by Old White Men. Actually evil Old White Men, who believe that fucking young children is nothing to worry about.

Glad to know where you stand, Illinois. Feminists bad, pedophiles good.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 75

My goodness you're delusional. It's frightening.

I'm going to take the high road this time and be respectful, but my wife doesn't post here and you know nothing of who she is, so I'd recommend not speaking on her if you don't desire to have the same done back to you.

The ball is in your court. This ridiculous back and forth can end now and I'll go back to the hoops board where the sane people post and leave you alone....
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Nope, Illinois, just a woman who went to Sara Robinson's university and refuses to accept slander from the likes of you.

BTW, commercial daycares are far less likely to be of danger to kids than schools run by the Catholic Church.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 75

My kids don't go to catholic school.
Deleted User 104

Mjl wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:13 am
Lob, I respect your views here because you're intellectually honest and don't limit yourself to a little information bubble.
Thank you. That's really what I hope I'm trying to show. I am always curious about things and try to stay open minded. I admit my views could change 5 or 10 years from now.
Deleted User 104

HouseDivided wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:31 am
DrPepper wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:16 am I am 49, work in academia, and never have heard a mature woman lament that men do not find them attractive. I suspect these ladies are hitting on you, Psyche. They are searching for a compliment from you.
You and I are the same age, but I have no interest in women who look like that, and even if I did, I would be terrified of giving a compliment and then being accused of creating a hostile work environment or sexually harassing someone. The stakes are too high and the payoff is too low. I keep my head down, do my work, and try not to be noticed as much as possible.
Have you ever tried holding the door open for a woman only have her get offended? I had this happen once on a college campus. It's this kind of thing that makes men not want to even approach women for friendly conversation. Chivalry is dying because of feminism.