Conference Realignment..?

Kansas Football.
Deleted User 887

Re: Conference Realignment..?

Post by Deleted User 887 »

ChalkRocker wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:46 am Shut up, gutter. You don't grasp my point, and you're not clever
1. Why are you to telling me to shut up? I'm not saying anything that would or should upset you.
2. I completely "grasp" your point. Did I say you were wrong?
3. Clever or not, seems you still have a strong disdain for me. Even after I have reached out to you and tried to understand, apologize, and make amends. That's on you. Not me.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

There's nothing "on" me.

I'll stand by my reply to you.

And that's the umpteenth time you've publicly raised yr ostensibly "private" msg to me, which confirms that you don't grasp the meaning of "private", either.

I'll stand by the pm I sent back as well.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
Deleted User 887

hartjack8 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:45 am Good news ND contract with the ACC says if they join a conference is has to be the ACC. That contract is good to 2036.

Colorado departed for the Pac-12 in 2010, the same year Nebraska left for the Big Ten. The Aggies and Missouri left in 2011 after Texas and ESPN announced plans for the Longhorn Network, which pays Texas $300 million over 20 years for its own television deal separate from the other conference members.

Texas has always been about Texas and Fuck everyone else. Problem is we had 10+ years to better ourselves in football. After hiring two out right clowns(Fat Boy Charlie for sure) we hire a coach that no school in their right mind would hire and pay him accordingly there by showing the whole world we don't give a Fuck about Football. Then when we finally walk away from this JOKER we hire a coach no one in their right minds would hire again. This time showing the whole world we incompetent.

Now we are in the position of we need to move conference's. Pitching our Football program as an asset is impossible. Our inability to hire a competent HC is going to be a liability.

We could get lucky and get in the Big Ten only because who else they going to take? But we do not deserve to join the Big Ten
I don't get the ND contract - and it sure seems sports contracts are meant to be broken these days.
Besides, my guess is most people don't know ND already participates in the Big 10. In Hockey.

As far as who else the Big 10 might take, I can think of several schools off the top of my head that they MIGHT prefer over Kansas. Such as ISU, OSU, WVU, Cinci, Boise State, Memphis, one of the Military academies, Houston.
Deleted User 887

ChalkRocker wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:32 am There's nothing "on" me.

I'll stand by my reply to you.

And that's the umpteenth time you've publicly raised yr ostensibly "private" msg to me, which confirms that you don't grasp the meaning of "private", either.

I'll stand by the pm I sent back as well.
There is plenty on you. You allow me to have an impact on you. That's YOUR choice. Right?
Ok, you stand by your response to me - just as I'll stand by my message to you.
Yes, I have publicly raised my what you consider to be "ostensibly" private message to you.
I grasp the meaning of private. Tell me what exactly I said to you that I have shared publicly.
Sure I have shared the purpose of my private message but I didn't share the message on here.
I don't think I am a better person than you but I do feel I did the right thing by sending you the private message - and you choose to still hold a grudge. Again, that's on YOU.
Anyway/s, I hope you enjoy the rest of your Sunday.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

shut up, gutter. I'm not a member of yr support group.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

shindig

Post by shindig »

Be interesting what comes out Monday. Does TX and OU officially give the Big12 their resignation letters? Does anything come out from Big 12 Commish? I would love to read tomorrow that KU has received an invite from the B1G, but probably won't happen.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Unknown territory going forward. UT and OU will probably regret their haste here in that the balance of power which their boosters gave them may be compensated away by changes in marketing and sponsorship. In fact, they are crazy to leave a conference that they essentially ran to their own benefit to become part of the rabble that is not the SEC's power broking original cabal. Be careful always what you wish for. I actually see a benefit to KU no matter where we end up. Because the structure of the Big 12-2 was always going to hurt a team that needs to periodically rebuild.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

KU not calling the Big 10. They are calling presidents and admin. They are the decision makers.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Fingers are crossed...
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:39 pm
KU not calling the Big 10. They are calling presidents and admin. They are the decision makers.
Let's hope. Big 10 would be awesome.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Not really.
The Big12 was awesome.
Now it's just, "well KU you're lucky we let you in".
shindig

Post by shindig »

pdub wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:45 pm Not really.
The Big12 was awesome.
Big 8 was awesome.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

shindig wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:18 pm
pdub wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:45 pm Not really.
The Big12 was awesome.
Big 8 was awesome.
^^^^
Just Ledoux it
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

"The Big 12 Conference Executive Committee held a meeting with Presidents from the University of Oklahoma and the University of Texas to discuss proposals to “strengthen the conference and be mutually beneficial to OU and UT.”

The executive committee consisted of commissioner Bob Bowlsby, the Big 12 Board of Directors, and university presidents from Texas Tech and Baylor. They met Sunday afternoon via videoconference with University of Oklahoma President Joe Harroz and University of Texas President Jay Hartzell.

“The meeting was cordial, and the Executive Committee expressed a willingness to discuss proposals that would strengthen the Conference and be mutually beneficial to OU and UT, as well as the other member institutions of the Conference,” Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby stated. “I expect that we will continue our conversations in the days ahead and we look forward to discussing thoughts, ideas and concepts that may be of shared interest and impact.”

Rumors have circulated college sports about Texas and Oklahoma’s desires to leave the Big 12 Conference. Reports say the two institutions wanted to leave for the SEC. No formal invitation has been presented from the SEC to either institutions."
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

InfiniteJ wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:57 pm "The Big 12 Conference Executive Committee held a meeting with Presidents from the University of Oklahoma and the University of Texas to discuss proposals to “strengthen the conference and be mutually beneficial to OU and UT.”

The executive committee consisted of commissioner Bob Bowlsby, the Big 12 Board of Directors, and university presidents from Texas Tech and Baylor. They met Sunday afternoon via videoconference with University of Oklahoma President Joe Harroz and University of Texas President Jay Hartzell.

The meeting was cordial, and the Executive Committee expressed a willingness to discuss proposals that would strengthen the Conference and be mutually beneficial to OU and UT, as well as the other member institutions of the Conference,” Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby stated. “I expect that we will continue our conversations in the days ahead and we look forward to discussing thoughts, ideas and concepts that may be of shared interest and impact.”

Rumors have circulated college sports about Texas and Oklahoma’s desires to leave the Big 12 Conference. Reports say the two institutions wanted to leave for the SEC. No formal invitation has been presented from the SEC to either institutions."
That...is not something you say if there's a deal to be made.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

There's no deal to be made. This was a weak attempt for the Big 12 to look good, but there was little to no substance in the meeting.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

why do i have this feeling in the pit of my stomach that the other conference members are going to offer their asses to be even further violated by ut and ou?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Haven't read this thread and am way behind on the story itself. So, maybe been mentioned, but I would think that basketball maybe plays a more valuable role this time around given that this could be the end of the NCAA and the conferences will rake in more direct hoops revenue.

Of the 8 remaining Big 12 teams, KU is in as good of a position of any of them should the superconference scenario play out.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

The Big XII is going to offer a bigger piece of the pie to UT & OU to try and persuade them to stay; embarrassing.