Re: Transfer portal 2022

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

KJ’s going to play a ton.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:12 pm
Mjl wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:10 pm Just like the difference between a guard and wing for Self is ball-handling ability (the reason Cuffe, despite height, is more of a wing) - the difference between a wing and a big is the ability to switch screens. And I don't think Clemence can do that based in what we've seen so far.
And conversely I think KJ can guard all 5 spots on switches. Which is such a luxury to have in late shot clock/game clock situations.
It is, but then you're breaking FISH'S FIRST COMMANDMENT (Thou shalt not have more than one offensive ZERO on the floor at any given time).
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Man, is it too soon to move on from this year and be excited about next year?

Winning is fun. I am ready to win again already.
Deleted User 863

jfish26 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:15 pm
Mjl wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:10 pm Just like the difference between a guard and wing for Self is ball-handling ability (the reason Cuffe, despite height, is more of a wing) - the difference between a wing and a big is the ability to switch screens. And I don't think Clemence can do that based in what we've seen so far.
And conversely I think KJ can guard all 5 spots on switches. Which is such a luxury to have in late shot clock/game clock situations.
It is, but then you're breaking FISH'S FIRST COMMANDMENT (Thou shalt not have more than one offensive ZERO on the floor at any given time).
Well hopefully Yesufu improves his shooting enough this offseason that he can shoot a % similar to DH's. Then we can survive KJs shooting deficiencies.

Have faith!

😉
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If KJ and Clemence both play ( which I think they will and as both KJ and Clemence came in as the big in place of DMac or Old Man LFoot ), I will consider it two bigs.

Sorry two big haters.
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:19 pm If KJ and Clemence both play ( which I think they will ), I will consider it two bigs.

Sorry two big haters.
What if at times we trot out a lineup like

DH
CB
JW
KJ
Clemence

A girl can dream, can't she?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That's possible but if CB and JW come back, I think one of Clemence or KJ suffer. And I think it might be KJ.

Hed still be an excellent sixth man.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I think KJ has more offensive game than we’ve seen. Looks like a breakout. Not Kawhi Leonard or anything, but enough to hit jumpers and get to the rim.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:26 pm

I think KJ has more offensive game than we’ve seen. Looks like a breakout. Not Kawhi Leonard or anything, but enough to hit jumpers and get to the rim.
If he can hit jumpers and dribble well enough to get himself to the rim, then he'll start all season. His versatility on defense is too valuable. If JW and CB come back that's 3 dudes who can guard a lot of different types of players and I'm already planning for another banner.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If CB and JW come back, I'll roll eyes at preseason number one Arkansas.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

pdub wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:19 pm If KJ and Clemence both play ( which I think they will and as both KJ and Clemence came in as the big in place of DMac or Old Man LFoot ), I will consider it two bigs.

Sorry two big haters.
I wouldn't consider that two bigs. I'd consider it a big and a wing with subpar handles.

Not sure if KJ has any kind of handles
Deleted User 863

247 has KJ listed as a PF.

"COMPARISON
Mark Vital
BAYLOR BEARS
Adams is a very strong, physically cut-up, and athletic four-man that excels in the high post and on the break. He is built like an NFL tight end and moves as if he has had a lot of experience on the gridiron. Adams simply plays above the rim with his explosiveness and elevates to score off tip ins, dump offs, and putbacks. He has some ball skills but will need to continue to work to improve his jumper and extend his range to take his game to the next level. Adams loves to attack off the dribble or play in the dunker spot where he makes plays with his athleticism. With his ability to guard ball screens, he will be a high major blue-collared athlete and rip through slasher who will bring toughness to Bill Self and Kansas in the fall."
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Hes a forward, not a wing, to me.
He could be a 5 on a ton of smaller schools.
And that's fine.

We can play two bigs and win.
Deleted User 863

pdub wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:57 pm We can play two bigs and win.
Feels like maybe people won't want to admit we will play 2 bigs so they will call him a wing even though he's listed as a PF and has never played the 3 at KU?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Exactly that.
Its fine.
Theyll explain basketball to us and say we dont get it. Just because they wont want to admit you can play with two bigs.

But if Clemence and KJ are starting, we are playing two bigs.

https://m.kusports.com/news/2022/jan/13 ... tes=mobile
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

pdub wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:01 pm Exactly that.
Its fine.
Theyll explain basketball to us and say we dont get it. Just because they wont want to admit you can play with two bigs.

But if Clemence and KJ are starting, we are playing two bigs.

https://m.kusports.com/news/2022/jan/13 ... tes=mobile
lmao
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

😂😂😂
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

We'll play 4 out 1 in regardless of how you want to label individuals.

The more interesting question is who plays in the post on offense, Clemence or Adams. I think Adams is in the post with clemence outside. But I think Clemence will guard the 5 and Adams guards the other teams 4.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I think KJ is gonna be good. See a little T-Rob in his game
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That could very well be the case.
Though I think we will run posts for Clemence far more than we would with Jalen.

Brook Lopez is a big.