who ya got?

Ugh.
Deleted User 310

Re: who ya got?

Post by Deleted User 310 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:41 am It’s crazy how Trump is getting away with showing images of Trump’s America to illustrate how lawless Biden’s America would be.
I get your point, but these would be happening regardless of who was president. They will also continue to happen once Biden is president if things dont change.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:45 am
ousdahl wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:41 am It’s crazy how Trump is getting away with showing images of Trump’s America to illustrate how lawless Biden’s America would be.
I get your point, but these would be happening regardless of who was president. They will also continue to happen once Biden is president if things dont change.
We don't know that either of those things are true. We do know this didn't happen when Biden was in the White House and it's now happening with Trump in the White House.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Has Trump offered any message of peace or unity? Has he exhibited any substantive leadership?

He screams LaWaNdOrDeR as cities burn,and avoids any substantive solution while he blows dog whistles
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I get your point, but these would be happening regardless of who was president....
That is a complete unprovable BS statement. You absolutely do not know that.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

To be fair, some of thenimages he has shown aren't even from America. I saw that some of the riot pictures he has used are from Spain.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

twocoach wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:23 am
I get your point, but these would be happening regardless of who was president....
But you know its BS? got a seer over here, pass him the chicken bones
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

cops woulda said....wait! Who's president? Then decided not to kneel ln floyd.

Shonuff
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I don’t think one potus is gonna make individual cops less brutal, but I do think any other potus would have had more of a sense of leadership, and more of a message of unity, once the shit hit the fan.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Likely. But that wasn't going to stop the initial actions that ocurred to set off this firestorm. It perhaps could have been mitigated by a better leader
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:43 am

What's BS is making the statement at all because there is absolutely no way to prove it is true or not.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Still waiting for Trump to condemn this violence.

Instead he’s Tweeting that Joe Biden needs to. Huh?
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:27 am Likely. But that wasn't going to stop the initial actions that ocurred to set off this firestorm. It perhaps could have been mitigated by a better leader
Maybe we would have actual police reform passed and those Minnesota cops wouldn't be cops any more due to laws requiring actual acountability for bad behavior.

Maybe instead of the tax changes by Trump to flow billions into the coffers of the ultra wealthy, there would be tax changes to flow that same money to communities in need, reducing desperation, tension, etc...

It's like saying if one shot changed in a basketball game that everything after would have happened exactly as it did. It's foolish.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

You think police change reform was going to be passed in a matter of a couple months??
Just Ledoux it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:37 am You think police change reform was going to be passed in a matter of a couple months??
You think everything would be the same no matter who is President?

If Trump wasn't President then Clinton would be and she would have been President for more than 3 years when Floyd died, not "a couple months".
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Police reform wouldnt have been considered without a catalyst.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

A) We don't know "these would be happening regardless of who was president". Very good chance they would be but we don't know it to be true - and never will.
What we do know is Donald trump PURPOSELY divides people knowing full well what the affects can be - and often are - and he takes pride in doing it.
FUCK HIM!
B) You are 100% that they will continue to happen if Biden becomes President - if things don't change.
I assume you realize that's one of the most obvious statements you have ever made.
Things don't change - unless they change.
Deleted User 310

twocoach wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:28 am
What's BS is making the statement at all because there is absolutely no way to prove it is true or not.
ummm...do you not remember anything pre george floyd?

Obama was president when Mike Brown was killed and there were protests/riots in ferguson and other places around the country.

So i think that is pretty good evidence to back up my statement that these would be happening regardless of who was president.
Last edited by Deleted User 310 on Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Oh rlly? ;)

Looks pretty turned on when says "they're not gonna stop".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku_t-2LgkgM
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:45 am
twocoach wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:28 am

ummm...do you not remember anything pre george floyd?

Obama was president when Mike Brown was murdered and there were riots in ferguson and other places around the country.

So i think that is pretty good evidence to back up my statement that these would be happening regardless of who was president.
Yes, racism would still be happening regardless of who the president is/was.
The thing it seems you may be having difficulty comprehending is the reasoning for ALL of the various groups/factions that have been protesting the past 6 months.
You, me, anyone, everyone would be foolish to pretend we fully understand. We don't.
NOT ALL of these groups that are protesting/marching/rioting/ are doing as such because of what has happened with the police and their treatment of Black people.

Like I have said (and anyone who has a working brain in their head that isn't completely brainwashed would realize) is that we currently have a President who PURPOSELY does more to fan the flames than put them out.
Deleted User 310

twocoach wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:43 am
TDub wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:37 am You think police change reform was going to be passed in a matter of a couple months??
You think everything would be the same no matter who is President?

If Trump wasn't President then Clinton would be and she would have been President for more than 3 years when Floyd died, not "a couple months".
The BLM organization/movement originated in 2013....largely in response to George Zimmerman being acquitted.

You remember who was president then right?
Last edited by Deleted User 310 on Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.