Re: Shut down that BORDER Mr. President

Post by Shirley »

I'm not worried, because Mexico's gonna pay for the wall, and

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I live near a US border (New York and Ontario, Canada). I can't imagine what it would be like if they closed down borders here. There are people who drive back and forth every day commuting to work/school (I did it myself for two years). The amount of trade in both directions is HUGE at these crossings. I am sure the trade between Mexico and the US is orders of magnitude greater than what I see going over the Niagara River. What a mess that would be having trucks and trains and people and cars piling up, stuck on one side or the other. Products spoiling. Factories waiting for inputs. What a disaster.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

The xenophobes don't care.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

DrPepper wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:01 pm I live near a US border (New York and Ontario, Canada). I can't imagine what it would be like if they closed down borders here. There are people who drive back and forth every day commuting to work/school (I did it myself for two years). The amount of trade in both directions is HUGE at these crossings. I am sure the trade between Mexico and the US is orders of magnitude greater than what I see going over the Niagara River. What a mess that would be having trucks and trains and people and cars piling up, stuck on one side or the other. Products spoiling. Factories waiting for inputs. What a disaster.

Problem solved. Place armed guards at the border. Anyone on foot gets a warning, then they get a bullet. Trade continues as usual.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

The difference is that bridges are used to cross the river where I speaking of. Not many people are going to attempt to swim across the Niagara River. Incidentally, I have studied this and the best location would be directly under the Peace Bridge (Buffalo-FortErie). However, underneath the bridge is well lit and watercraft are not allowed to linger under there at all (passing through is allowed). In other words, you would get caught.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Geezer wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:10 pm The xenophobes don't care.
GoOd oNE!
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto