Gutter's 5 Questions of the Day 10/25/18

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 183

Gutter's 5 Questions of the Day 10/25/18

Post by Deleted User 183 »

A couple of these questions are going to take a little bit of thinking and require more than yes or no and pick a choice answers. I thank those of you who respond in advance for taking the time to answer the questions which will be beneficial to me and hopefully beneficial for you as well.

1) What brand of computer or phone are you using to responding to these questions?

2) "My staff and I have not and do not offer improper inducements nor are we aware of any 3rd party's attempt to do so". Bill Self 10/24/18. Is Self telling the truth or is that a lie?

3) Recently I have had multiple women tell me I need to find a woman. As much as I like a steady companion and sex, I am not looking to have a relationship right now because I feel I need a break and to be free from the complications that arise from being in a relationship.
That being said, there are a lot of women I see on a daily basis that I am attracted to and at a different time in my life, in the past or down the road, I believe I could/would be very happy in a relationship with.
All that being said, I was thinking the other day that I have had at least 10 "serious" relationships in my life time and although some of the girls/women truly were/are terrific girls/women, there isn't a single one I feel I would have had a GREAT marriage with.
Which brings me to the very difficult question for those of you who are married or were married to answer. How/why did you know that your significant other was the "right" one for you to marry and when you got married, did you truly believe you would have a great marriage?

4) Have you ever had dinner on your birthday alone?
a) yes
b) no
c) you don't recall
this

5) Don't think too hard on this one. If you were to have to offer some brief words of wisdom to anyone in any situation at this exact moment, what comes to your mind?
NewtonHawk11

Re: Gutter's 5 Questions of the Day 10/25/18

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

1. HP

2. No. And that's a really bad idea saying that. He probably hasn't, but I bet Townsend or Snacks have done something under the table for sure.

3. There's never truly a great marriage. All marriages have ups and downs. Nothing in marriage will be great all the time. But it's all about sticking it out together.

4. B. No

5. Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do. - John Wooden
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

1) Dell
2) Truth-ish
3) Not sure there is a right "one". We got along. We spent a lot of time together and enjoyed each other's company. Morals/values/drives are about the same. In our case she said marry me or I'm moving on, 33 years later, here we are. Pretty good decision.
4) Yes. My 50th. I moved to Lexington for my job. Family stayed behind in KC to finish up the school year and sell the house. Pretty tough birthday.
5) Have a heart.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 183

My answers.....

1) When I posted them, Apple. Now that I am answering them, Dell.
2) Almost as big of a lie as if I said I had a 12 inch dick and banged a super model last night.
3) Never married. Can't answer.
4) C - Don't recall but am thinking about opting for (a) in a few days.
5) Fuck it
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

1. Samsung phone
2. Lie
3. Just knew, timing was right...yes, I feel like we have a great marriage with excellent communication.
4. Yes
5. Golf more, work less, enjoy life.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

1. Apple phone
2. Lie
Stop getting your advice from women. Marriage is Hard. It doesn’t just happen and you are not living in a fairytale. A good marriage takes conscientious effort from both parties.
4. Yes. My last birthday. It was not a big deal.
5. Fill your mind with those things that are good and that deserve praise: things that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely, and honorable.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

1) What brand of computer or phone are you using to responding to these questions?

iPad

2) "My staff and I have not and do not offer improper inducements nor are we aware of any 3rd party's attempt to do so". Bill Self 10/24/18. Is Self telling the truth or is that a lie?

Sadly, a lie.

3) Marriage is unavoidably difficult because it is the merging of two imperfect people. I think there are certain people you are more likely to succeed with in marriage, but there is no one perfect person who is "meant for you".

Several times. It sucks, but not nearly as depressing as Christmas Day alone.

5) Don't think too hard on this one. If you were to have to offer some brief words of wisdom to anyone in any situation at this exact moment, what comes to your mind?

Find something to do with your time, even if it doesn't directly solve the problem at hand. Read, write, exercise - put your mind to work.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
3rdGenJayhawk

Post by 3rdGenJayhawk »

Sony

Hmmm... I'm sure that inducements were offered. It's just in who's mind what is proper vs improper.

3) How/why did you know that your significant other was the "right" one for you to marry and when you got married, did you truly believe you would have a great marriage?

I've been married twice. The first at 21 to my high school sweetheart, my first love - that lasted about 10 years. No children. He was military (West Point) and honestly we were only together in the same place (abode) for about 18 months of those 10 years. We simply just grew apart and our priorities changed as we matured. That marriage ended badly. I was very lonely for most of those 10 years.

My second marriage was very different. Like being with my best friend. That's great and all, but no real romance or passionate sex. Was in my 30's and I really needed that passion. That marriage also lasted about 10 years. We are still very close. Very good friends.

My current beau I've been with now for 13+ years. We live and work together and we are well suited to each others quirks, personalities and temperament. He would love to get married, but I'm very happy with how we are now. However I do see us together for the rest of our lives. We don't have children (together or separately), so perhaps that also makes a difference as we only need to/ have to focus on each other.

I think the best relationships are those that you can truly be who you are - not trying to change the other person; or not having to change yourself to make them happy. That never works. I don't think any relationship is perfect though. They all take love, humor, care, effort, patience and understanding.

Yes, several times during my first marriage. Not so much fun. Ditto to "it sucks, but not nearly as depressing as Christmas Day alone." Which I've also endured.

Advice from my dad "You can only control yourself. No matter what your partner, child, neighbor, lover, friend, coworker, boss does, it doesn't matter. What you CAN control is your reaction; your actions. Only you can control what you are and how you feel - be who you are. Be true to yourself."
KU1214

Post by KU1214 »

1. Android
2. Not true unfortunately. It would have been better left unsaid.
3. Having shared love, patience, compromise, similar interests and laughter together during the best of times and the more challenging times make our marriage work.
4. Yes
5. Enjoy the small moments because when you reflect back on life, it is these moments that stand out the most.
Deleted User 183

Some amazing and extremely personal responses. Not going to lie, some made a very strong impact on me. I sincerely thank all of you!