Gutter's 5 Questions of the Day 10/26/18

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 183

Gutter's 5 Questions of the Day 10/26/18

Post by Deleted User 183 »

I posted this (see below) on yesterday's thread and my guess is not too many people who are reading this saw it.
"Some amazing and extremely personal responses. Not going to lie, some made a very strong impact on me. I sincerely thank all of you"!

1) Today a woman I know turns 50 years old. She looks phenomenal for her age. I dated her when she was a Senior in High School. I swear she looks about 15 years older today than she looked at 17/18. Anyways, her name is Pamela. She goes by Pam.
Guys - have you ever dated a woman named Pamela/Pam, Audrey, Faith, Sabrina, or Wanda?
Girls - have you ever dated a man named Harold/Harry, Carl/Karl, Oliver, Ralph, or Terence/Terry?

2) Yesterday I ate a whole bunch of onions. Part just to make a spectacle of myself and part because I genuinely very much like onions. Anyways, my urine had a strong onion odor to it.
I am not an asparagus eater but allegedly if you eat asparagus your urine smells like it - and/or stinks.
My question is, what if any food that you have eaten or drink that you have consumed has made your urine stink?

3) TWO parter...
Yep, the dreaded 3rd question/s. I have shown some balls and have not communicated with the ex since our last brief text exchange on Tuesday in which the last text was from her saying, "just call me later, We should connect over the phone. If you don't want to, that's totally fine". I didn't want to so I didn't. Well, next week is my birthday. I have mixed feelings. Part of me is hoping she doesn't wish me a happy birthday and part of me feels she would be an even bigger a-hole if she didn't.
I know it's best not to try and figure other people out but IN HER MIND do you....
Multiple answers are acceptable.
a) Feel she won't call/text/email me/send me a card out of respect.
b) Feel she won't call/text/email me/send me a card out of spite.
c) Feel she will call/text/email me/send a card out of respect.
d) Feel she will call/text/email me/send me a card out of spite.
e) Feel she will have her daughter (who she knows I loved like she was my own and I truly believe loved me) call/text/email me/send me a card out of respect.
f) Feel she will have her daughter (who I loved like she was my own and who I truly believe loved me) call/text/email me/send me a card out of spite.

AND.......

If she does call/text/email me/send me a card do I....
a) Ignore it/her completely.
b) simply say thank you.
c) Thank her and then use it as an opportunity to express that I feel she's been an absolute asshole but will/would forgive her if she had the decency to explain why she has felt the need to be an asshole and that it would be really nice if her and I (and her daughter) could be at peace with one another.
d) Thank her and then only add that an orthopedic doctor is convinced her daughter is responsible for my having a fucked up lower neck that may require surgery. Which unfortunately is true.
e) Tell her to go fuck a horse that has Hepatitis.

4) Does anyone else who uses Apple products feel that they are indeed "user friendly" and yet too often they are too unnecessarily complicated to the point where shit just doesn't work like it's supposedly supposed to - and you feel it could/should be a whole lot simpler?

5) It's Friday! If it's before 6:30pm when you answer this, what do you think/know you will be doing at 6:30pm this evening? If it's after 6:30pm, what do you think you will be doing at 10:00am tomorrow/Saturday morning?
Leawood

Re: Gutter's 5 Questions of the Day 10/26/18

Post by Leawood »

1. I’ve dated girls named Lexus and Mercedes.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

1. No
2. Asparagus for sure. I've heard that some people can break down the red of beets, but that others can't. I can't. I love both asparagus and beets.
No contact from you
4. I don't find them complicated. However, the voice recognition is very very very frustratingly bad.
5. Hanging out with a teenager that is grounded (not going to be fun). Maybe I will be chopping celery and peppers for the vegan chili I am making for a Halloween party Saturday. I'm also doing a meaty chili (a variation of Silver Palate's chili for a crowd).
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

1) I briefly dated a Pam. Didn't work out.
2) Asparagus
3) Try to get your mind off of it and do something fun.
4) Mrs 99 has an iThing. I don't like it.
5) Grilling chicken tonight. Rainy and cold here, but you can't keep a good Weber down.

I made chili last night along with some cornbread. Mrs 99 says only cinnamon rolls go with chile. I informed her that she's not in Catholic school anymore and she'll get cornbread and like it.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

My answers......

1) Yes
2) Onions
3) Part 1) torn between b and c. Part 2) torn between a and b
4) My computer freaked out on me due to storage capacity. Made everything unobtainable and then after simply restarting it - it is/was ok. For now. I'm not a fan of icloud and it complicates things for me. That's on me and not on Apple but it's not as easy as I feel it could/should be to send and receive things "to the cloud" and frankly I don't trust "the cloud". Also.... I did a back up to a hard drive last night. Once second it was working, the next it wasn't - and so on and so on.
5) One of two things. Either out for drinks (non-alcohol for me) with a co-worker singular or co-workers plural, or sitting on my rocker recliner eating something that's probably shitty for me while watching something on television that I have little to no interest in.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

1. No

2. Pickles

3. You live in Chicago. Plenty of fish in the sea there.

4. Love my Apple products. Went from apple to android. Hated it. Back to apple and been that way for 8 years now.

5. Helping with an event at my church called Judgement House. Won't get too religious on here, but long story short, it's a walkthrough drama about which way you go in afterlife based on the decisions you make throughout your life. For example, this year's one is about a brother and sister who lost their mom at a young age, and brother and sister go in completely directions in life and their spirituality from the moment of being High School kids to being on their death bed at the hospital.

So I will be helping with Middle School and High School kids who come through the tour and have questions about it or to be there for someone to talk to. This will be my third year and I really enjoy it.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:00 am
I made chili last night along with some cornbread. Mrs 99 says only cinnamon rolls go with chile. I informed her that she's not in Catholic school anymore and she'll get cornbread and like it.
This is wrong. Chili and cinnamon rolls is the only way to go. Had a chili dinner with twin girls in college that were from Nebraska. They did cornbread and my good friend and I did cinnamon rolls. We converted them over to that cinnamon roll and chili life.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:35 am
This is wrong. Chili and cinnamon rolls is the only way to go. Had a chili dinner with twin girls in college that were from Nebraska. They did cornbread and my good friend and I did cinnamon rolls. We converted them over to that cinnamon roll and chili life.
99 can't handle sweets. He probably eats his cornbread plain because putting something on top of it would be too good and he doesn't like things that are good.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

1. No
2. Asparagus, peppers, onions
3. Not sure what she'll do. You should respond (or not) based solely on whatever makes you happiest or leaves you most satisfied. Only you know how you'll feel depending on your choices. Always put yourself first at this point imo.
4. Yes
5. I will be home playing with my kids, probably having to yell at them every 2 minutes to keep their hands to themselves and be nice, while getting ready to watch tonight's exciting slate of NBA games, and then hopefully getting kids to bed early (in their own beds) so that I can practice my full court D on my wife. ;-)
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:54 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:35 am
99 can't handle sweets. He probably eats his cornbread plain because putting something on top of it would be too good and he doesn't like things that are good.
Baked in a cast iron skilled coated in bacon fat. Then slather with butter.
Defense. Rebounds.
3rdGenJayhawk

Post by 3rdGenJayhawk »

1. No
2. Asparagus.
3. Part 1; since I don't know her I can't honestly say. Maybe c, since she did try to reach out to you the other day. But, what were her motives for that? Since you didn't respond (good for you imo), she may now feel differently then she did on Tuesday. Part 2; do what makes you happy. Not what you think is right, or honest. But at the end of the day what is good for you.
4. Yes. I have an iphone and my mom wants to get one. She has an iPad currently, but I'm constantly having to show her (over and over and over again) how to do simple stuff. I'm dreading the day when her current flip phone finally dies and I'll have to then be tech support on yet another device for her.
5. Most likely having a quick bite at home of leftover chicken wings.
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

1. No.
2&3. You don’t seem to have much to a sense of privacy about your personal/family life. It’s an attitude that makes me shudder to think about airlines allowing cell phone calls in flight.
4. No.
5. No plans.
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
KU1214

Post by KU1214 »

Regarding your compliment, you are welcome. I enjoy the questions and reading different viewpoints so thank you for posting them

1. No
2. Asparagus
3. My hope is that you fill your day with fun, special things and perhaps a friend to celebrate with you such that you don't look for that phone call, card or message to make your day complete.
4. School computers for students are Macs but my work desktop, laptop and my home computer are PC. Phone is Android.
5. Tonight - commuting home. Tomorrow there is a Nor'ester heading our way so probably stuff around the house.

NewtonHawk - Thank you for explaining Judgement House. It sounds interesting. I hope it goes well