Question: KU vs Marquette at Barclays Center

Kansas Basketball.
KU1214

Question: KU vs Marquette at Barclays Center

Post by KU1214 »

I am strongly considering getting a ticket to this game. I have never been to the Barclays Center. I have a choice of available tickets that are available online. How would I find out which section the KU bench will be near and how would I know which end (sections) would KU's basket be in the second half of the game? If I pick a ticket on the ends, I would rather be on the end that KU's basket would be in the second half rather than the first half. Any help would be appreciated. I am not sure how to place a picture of the Barclays Center seating here so my apologies regarding that.
Deleted User 62

Re: Question: KU vs Marquette at Barclays Center

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Ask Gutter. He knows all the good upskirt spots. Surely he knows where the bench is
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

1214 - If I am not mistaken, KU is the home team - and the Nets team bench is in front of section 7 and -
KU will shoot on that end in the second half - assuming (as usual in the NCAA?) the home team shoots at the basket closest to their bench in the 2nd half.
I'm sure others can and will correct me if I am wrong.

Plano - Thanks for your contribution to the thread and helping out 1214.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Well done Gutter.
Better than imjustheretohelp could ever do.
KU1214

Post by KU1214 »

Thank you Gutter. The part that I am not sure of is that on the basketball seating chart for Barclays Center, it has the home team located to the right of the score table which is as you shared, in front of section 7 (if you were sitting in the side of the score table facing the court). At Allen Fieldhouse, the home team sits to the left of the score table (again if you were sitting on the side of the score table, facing the court). I am not positive but I think that the basketball seating chart for the Barclays Center is posting the seating for NBA games (the Nets). Do you know if the home team always sits to the left of the score table in NCAA BB games (if on the side of the score table and home/visitor bench)? If this holds true, then the home team (and KU will be the home team for the Marquette game) would sit in front of section 9 and would shoot from that end instead in the second half.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Go for half court-ish and eliminate the risk of being wrong!
KU1214

Post by KU1214 »

Thanks Illy. There were no available seats mid-courtish (down closer to the court) at this late date so I am just going to guess.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

KU1214 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:28 pm Thank you Gutter. The part that I am not sure of is that on the basketball seating chart for Barclays Center, it has the home team located to the right of the score table which is as you shared, in front of section 7 (if you were sitting in the side of the score table facing the court). At Allen Fieldhouse, the home team sits to the left of the score table (again if you were sitting on the side of the score table, facing the court). I am not positive but I think that the basketball seating chart for the Barclays Center is posting the seating for NBA games (the Nets). Do you know if the home team always sits to the left of the score table in NCAA BB games (if on the side of the score table and home/visitor bench)? If this holds true, then the home team (and KU will be the home team for the Marquette game) would sit in front of section 9 and would shoot from that end instead in the second half.
You are a wise person to wonder about / question the things you mentioned.
Unfortunately I don't know the answers. My guess is if you called the Barclays you wouldn't find anyone who knows for sure and if you called the KU athletic department no one would know for sure there either. It's a crap shoot. Whatever you decide and whatever happens at the game, I hope you enjoy your experience.
KU1214

Post by KU1214 »

Thank you again Gutter. I appreciate you responding. The home team at the major NCAA BB team arenas have the home team to the left of the score table so flipping a coin on this, I am going to go with the left side of the scorer's table (Section 9) rather than the right. I agree with you that calling the KU athletic department or the Barclay's Center would probably not yield an answer with certainty. No matter what, I will enjoy the experience of being there and cheering on the Jayhawks.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Just remember, while New York pizza for the most part sucks, Juliana's at the foot of the Brooklyn Bridge is pretty great. And the view is spectacular.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"While New York pizza...sucks".

Wait, what?
Where is better? Chicago?
( maybe Italy if Neopolatin is your thing )
Ban?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:14 pm "While New York pizza...sucks".

Wait, what?
Where is better? Chicago?
( maybe Italy if Neopolatin is your thing )
Ban?
New Haven is better...but yeah, let's ban this troll.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

New Haven is great.
Not my standard style i want to eat every day.
But to say most pizza in NY sucks?

Getouttahere.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

No pizza sucks.

Some pizza is just better than others.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Shakey’s shrimp pizza sucks
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

White clam pizza is not my thing and because PhD likes it, it sucks.

Sorry Big12 i didnt mean that.
Yours truly,
Pdub
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:52 pm White clam pizza is not my thing and because PhD likes it, it sucks.

Sorry Big12 i didnt mean that.
Yours truly,
Pdub
I don't like it.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.