Great day to watch KU basketball.
Deleted User 89

Re: It's Gameday -- Whoot Whoot

Post by Deleted User 89 »

ROCK CHALK!!
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Who plays at the free throw line area against the zone? Dedric did it when Dok was in. Can't do that now unless we play a lot of McCormick.

Vick or Garrett? If I were Baylor, I would do what Washington did and just give up that free throw line jumper, especially if it's Garrett.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

We're going to end up with a foot of snow here by the end of the day. Any of you guys getting some heavy snow?
Deleted User 75

Mjl wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:46 am Who plays at the free throw line area against the zone? Dedric did it when Dok was in. Can't do that now unless we play a lot of McCormick.

Vick or Garrett? If I were Baylor, I would do what Washington did and just give up that free throw line jumper, especially if it's Garrett.
I'm sure both will for stretches.

You could almost let dedric do it and have Garrett play in the area where Dok would be...that way he won't have to shoot any 3s.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:43 am We're going to end up with a foot of snow here by the end of the day. Any of you guys getting some heavy snow?
They predicted 6" here, got 1.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 75

They get a lot of blocks so we may really struggle to score if we can't hit some outside shots.
Deleted User 75

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:47 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:43 am We're going to end up with a foot of snow here by the end of the day. Any of you guys getting some heavy snow?
They predicted 6" here, got 1.
We are probably at 7 or 8 and counting..snow not supposed to stop until closer to dark.

My 2 and 5 year old had a blast for a bit in the back yard. 2 year old couldn't get himself up whenever he'd fall down because it was too deep.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Mjl wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:46 am Who plays at the free throw line area against the zone? Dedric did it when Dok was in. Can't do that now unless we play a lot of McCormick.

People talk about consistently hitting the 3 to bust zones. I am firmly in the school of using the "free-throw-jumper" as an efficient offense against the zone. That is the perfect double-threat position: receive the entry pass at the FT line, and either turn around and nail the jumper or if the zone collapses dump off to the post or to the elbow for short jumpers. While the 3 is effective also, the FT-jumper or the elbow/post jumpers are much higher percentage - at least for good FT shooters. You can really make teams pay if they give up that jumper. We used to coach this at the amateur level, where ironically, players are better at nailing that 15-footer (guarded or unguarded) at a higher percentage than many D1 players, especially recently.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

No more pho's? The last we saw was the boo-birds'.....does Texas not have good pho's (the last two opponents)?!?!?!
Deleted User 75

The article trad linked up there says they're only playing zone about 33% of the time. So I'm curious to see if they bump that up closer to 50% against us.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I haven't watched a lot of baylor this year. The 10 minutes or so that I did, they were playing man.
Defense. Rebounds.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

zsn wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:56 am

People talk about consistently hitting the 3 to bust zones. I am firmly in the school of using the "free-throw-jumper" as an efficient offense against the zone. That is the perfect double-threat position: receive the entry pass at the FT line, and either turn around and nail the jumper or if the zone collapses dump off to the post or to the elbow for short jumpers. While the 3 is effective also, the FT-jumper or the elbow/post jumpers are much higher percentage - at least for good FT shooters. You can really make teams pay if they give up that jumper. We used to coach this at the amateur level, where ironically, players are better at nailing that 15-footer (guarded or unguarded) at a higher percentage than many D1 players, especially recently.
I'm not sure anyone on our team can make that shot consistently enough. Dedric or Vick, it would depend on if they're having a good day or bad day.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:47 am
predicted 6", got 1.
The nightly lament of illannoy's wife.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Get your shit together guys. We're going to need it today.
Deleted User 89

8” or so in KC and counting
Deleted User 89

if they go zone and we’re trying to exploit the free throw line jumper, i gotta think Vick serves that role best, leaving Dedric to rebound

Garrett in that spot is a wasted opportunity
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Thought the title said Whooty Whooty at first and thought we were starting a new tradition ala kuboobs. Needless to say i was dissapointed to see a discussion about weather instead.
Just Ledoux it