EFF U DAVE KOCH!!!!

Ugh.
noosh

EFF U DAVE KOCH!!!!

Post by noosh »

There are a few ppl in the world that when they die, the world immediately becomes a better place again. This motherfucker is one of those deaths
twocoach

Re: EFF U DAVE KOCH!!!!

Post by twocoach »

Well, that's one way to put it. Koch's was certainly a major player for decades, influencing politics and life in directions that I do not personally support, but I tip my hat to him for using his money to do what he felt was right. They were also vocal about not supporting the poor policies of Trump despite the blowback they received for it.

There will be a significant change in the GOP over the next 20 years as a huge number of high dollar donors and regular Joe voters pass away. The Silent Generation (born 1928-1945) is the only generational group with more people identifying as Republicans than Democrats.

The times they are a changin'
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Perhaps the best response for someone like a Koch is that of Betty Davis about Joan Crawford.

You should never say bad things about the dead, you should only say good… Joan Crawford is dead. Good!
Last edited by seahawk on Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't inject Lysol.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I still don't know how to feel about, at least during my time there, Koch Industries being plastered all over the KU School of Business.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

They interviewed this author on NPR about a week or so ago (before David Koch passed) about how far and deep the organization is entrenched in our lives. Basically his point was that if you tried to boycott them you had to stop living. That’s some power and the scary/nefarious part (to me) is that they did it so quietly. Yes the politically savvy ones always knew but they were truly a minuscule portion of the population.

To his credit he distanced himself from the Trumpistas