Post by pdub »

Since Reesing.
I mean, 10 years.
Jordan Webb was maybe our best?

Trash fire.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Kansas Quarterbacks

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I’d say Michael Cummings but the point is they’ve all stunk.

I mean, hell, I’d take Adam freaking Barmann right now.

No way should Stanley start rest of the year. It was cool and all this first week, but he was atrocious. Even though the line was not good, he still made awful decisions and he’s seemed to have gotten slower.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Stanley was rewarded for staying. But he should have been encouraged to leave. He should be at the bottom of the depth chart now. Willis had an arm. Won today too. Thanks Beaty.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

The only problem is that I've heard there is quite a drop off in ability between Stanley and the next quarterback on the list.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Crist Heaps Cummings.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

We saw McVittie in Spring. We have seen Kendrick dominate with his speed options. We have seen Stanley do okay as an energy sub.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I’d kind of be ok giving Kendrick a shot. I really liked him last year before he got hurt. Had some touch and could run when needed.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

But to be honest, the humiliation is almost terminal. The coaching baby wasn’t just ugly. It was Pet Semetery ugly.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

If Ku is building for the future they might as well just play Lockin from here on out and see what they have. Clearly it isn’t Carter and MacVittie was given every opportunity to win the job and didn’t.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

We found out why Stanley hardly played for 3 years.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

holidaysmore wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:25 pm If Ku is building for the future they might as well just play Lockin from here on out and see what they have. Clearly it isn’t Carter and MacVittie was given every opportunity to win the job and didn’t.
I agree with this. Put him in and let him play through some mistakes. Multiple coaches have let Carter play through his mistakes.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Never have thought Stanley was good, but we don’t have a lot of options. Maybe a RS for MacVittie and then 3 years in the program is the plan?

Regarding Willis: he would have never succeeded here. Big off-the-field problems. Glad he was able to put it together.
vmlb

Post by vmlb »

nu_bronco wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:46 am
holidaysmore wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:25 pm If Ku is building for the future they might as well just play Lockin from here on out and see what they have. Clearly it isn’t Carter and MacVittie was given every opportunity to win the job and didn’t.
I agree with this. Put him in and let him play through some mistakes. Multiple coaches have let Carter play through his mistakes.
Can't remember a single coach who "let Carter play through his mistakes." Maybe Les will.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Playing thru mistakes versus a big mistake playing.
noosh

Post by noosh »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:47 am Never have thought Stanley was good, but we don’t have a lot of options. Maybe a RS for MacVittie and then 3 years in the program is the plan?

Regarding Willis: he would have never succeeded here. Big off-the-field problems. Glad he was able to put it together.
What were his off the field probs? Just curious.
noosh

Post by noosh »

We suck so fuckin hard you could put TB12 in for KU and we'd find a way to fuck it all up.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:37 pm I’d kind of be ok giving Kendrick a shot. I really liked him last year before he got hurt. Had some touch and could run when needed.
Plus with the ball in Kendrick's hands linebackers couldn't just key on Pooja...
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I just sit and look at this thread and it makes me wonder when KU will ever get a true game-changer at QB. That's the biggest thing for Les. He's going after some good QBs in Louisiana and Texas. I know they have one committed in the upcoming classes.

But look at Clayton Tune, backup at Houston, but played OK in playing time as a freshman last year.
Seth Russell was committed to KU forever, then changed to Baylor and he was good.
Ryan Willis started at VaTech last 2 years.

KU just has the worst luck with QBs since Reesing.

Need to get just one to change the trajectory of this program.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Gotta get a dorothy dig in.
Defense. Rebounds.