AOC

Ugh.
Deleted User 289

Re: AOC

Post by Deleted User 289 »

seahawk wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:59 pm
Grandma wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:10 pm I don't think she's dumb and my guess is she's more intelligent than some/many/even most who believe she is dumb.
That being said, I know I'm an idiot and I admit I'm having trouble understanding what it is about her being "ON TV! All the time!! At 29 years old" that makes her intelligent.
There are a lot of fucking idiots who are ON TV! All the time!! At 29 years old - and all other ages.
By the way, she's not 29 years old but I'll give you credit because she was indeed ON TV! Sometimes! At 29 years old.
She was elected at age 29, Grandma, and my post described when she managed to get elected. On TV, all the time--I was just joking, because the TV pundit types love her, but isn't that what Trump values most--being on TV? Apart from on the cover of TIME.

I'm not a fan of AOC, but it takes some kind of smarts to figure out how to get oneself into an elected job making $174,000 a year at age 29. I'm just laughing at the guys who insist she's not intelligent--were they making $174,000 annually at that age?
I'm sure some were/are.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

While I really like having someone bring attention to the plight of lower income people, I'm not much of a fan of AOC, either. In addition to being totally over the top and effectively alienating many of the very people whose support she needs, she seems to share Bernie's fantasy that simply by "getting their message out", they'll somehow awaken the sleeping masses, they who rarely/never vote, and ride the resultant tidal wave to victory. Certainly, an n-of-1, the Iowa democratic caucuses, does not a trend make, but if that "strategy" is a winning one, why was attendance at the caucuses down? I guess time will tell.

And, imo, she poses more of an existential threat to democrats than republicans.

Nevertheless, anyone who underestimates her does so at their own risk.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Feral wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:53 am While I really like having someone bring attention to the plight of lower income people, I'm not much of a fan of AOC, either. In addition to being totally over the top and effectively alienating many of the very people whose support she needs, she seems to share Bernie's fantasy that simply by "getting their message out", they'll somehow awaken the sleeping masses, they who rarely/never vote, and ride the resultant tidal wave to victory. Certainly, an n-of-1, the Iowa democratic caucuses, does not a trend make, but if that "strategy" is a winning one, why was attendance at the caucuses down? I guess time will tell.

And, imo, she poses more of an existential threat to democrats than republicans.

Nevertheless, anyone who underestimates her does so at their own risk.
^^^
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I wanna see aoc in the women of Washington pin up calendar. She looks sexy in a bun.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:49 am I wanna see aoc in the women of Washington pin up calendar. She looks sexy in a bun.
Yes, she is pretty. But be prepared for an outrage on here just for stating the obvious.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

lobster wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:12 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:49 am I wanna see aoc in the women of Washington pin up calendar. She looks sexy in a bun.
Yes, she is pretty.
Yup. Pretty dumb, pretty naive, pretty obnoxious, and pretty inarticulate.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

TDub wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:08 am By your logic that salary/money = intelligence you must think Trump is brilliant.
If Trump had invested the $200 million he inherited from his father in an index fund--he might be a billionaire like Bloomberg instead of a millionaire who went bankrupt and had to be bailed out by the Russians. Then you might call him at least average in intelligence.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

When did Trump go bankrupt?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Like the most recently, or just the first 2 or 3 times?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

seahawk wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:23 pm
TDub wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:08 am By your logic that salary/money = intelligence you must think Trump is brilliant.
If Trump had invested the $200 million he inherited from his father in an index fund--he might be a billionaire like Bloomberg instead of a millionaire who went bankrupt and had to be bailed out by the Russians. Then you might call him at least average in intelligence.
Salary doesnt equal intelligence. You know it, it was a poor analogy, own it.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:46 pm Like the most recently, or just the first 2 or 3 times?
I think you're maybe confusing business bankruptcy and personal bankruptcy?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

TDub wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:48 pm
If that were true, Hollywood, the NBA, and the NFL would all be full of geniuses. Pretty sure that’s not the case.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Psych put down AOC as a WAITRESS numerous times, so I naturally assumed that the 3 Mouseketeers were down on people who don't earn a lot of money and are maybe not the brightest crayon in the box. But, I guess it's not about salary and intelligence, Waitress just equals "Cunt" to the Mousketeers.

Sorry for the confusion.
Don't inject Lysol.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

seahawk wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:00 pm

Psych put down AOC as a WAITRESS numerous times, so I naturally assumed that the 3 Mouseketeers were down on people who don't earn a lot of money and are maybe not the brightest crayon in the box. But, I guess it's not about salary and intelligence, Waitress just equals "Cunt" to the Mousketeers. Sorry for the confusion.
Are you incapable of answering a question without misdirecting the issue into a pile of insults?
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I dont give a shit if shes a waitress, just like i dont care what her salary is now. Money and position dont automatically make my judgments for me about people and their intelligence.
Just Ledoux it
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

I don’t give aoc much thought at all. But when I do, I think to myself “my she might do well in a pin up calendar.”
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

she may be smart in some ways, but she’s proven to be mis- or un-informed at times

not unlike many politicians
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Getting Sea to admit any fault, you have a better chance of winning the lottery.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

TDub wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:02 pm

Psych put down AOC as a WAITRESS numerous times, so I naturally assumed that the 3 Mouseketeers were down on people who don't earn a lot of money and are maybe not the brightest crayon in the box. But, I guess it's not about salary and intelligence, Waitress just equals "Cunt" to the Mousketeers. Sorry for the confusion.
Are you incapable of answering a question without misdirecting the issue into a pile of insults?
What was the insult in my statement there? And I answered no question, just a mansplaining order.
Don't inject Lysol.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

seahawk wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:03 pm
TDub wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:02 pm

What was the insult in my statement there? And I answered no question, just a mansplaining order.
Yes. Im aware yoi didnt answer the question, hence my statement.

Does salary = intelligence?
Just Ledoux it