kstate game

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

kstate game

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Way too quiet for a kstate game week.

List of most memorable KU/kstate games..

Obviously 2004. Previous game in Lawrence was in 2002 and it was a 64-0 bludgeoning in bad weather. Next game in Lawrence, night game, beautiful night for football and John Randle and Mark Simmons were freaking beasts. John Randle had one of the greatest runs I've seen live. Sproles fumbled a couple of times and KU had arrived and broken the long streak!

2006 was crazy because it was a butt kicking. Kerry Meier was the QB and was not good, but the team did everything else really well.

2007 was awesome because it was the first win in Manhattan in forever. Aqib got burned in the first quarter but came back with some key INTs, a receiving TD and Reesing threw an INT on KUs first play, but came back and was a baller.

2008 was a blowout from the start, but in hindsight a horrible game for this series. Basically that game got Prince fired, which brought Snyder back, which started kstate's dominance in this game again.

Game has gotten closer every year. From 30 point defeat, to a 15 point defeat to a 10 point defeat to a 4 point defeat.

Feel good about the Hawks this weekend. Think this offense is legit. Defense does just enough to make plays and give the offense a chance.

Beak em!
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
holidaysmore

Re: kstate game

Post by holidaysmore »

2004 will forever be my favorite game, especially because I am in-state, have a ton of friends that went to KSU and I knew a couple of players that played on that KSU team that year. That was something like ten years in a row of pent up anger and frustration. That place was ROCKING from the opening kick and we let the Staters have it that game.
2008 was great because I was in Manhattan for that game and you could feel like something special was happening with that team. No matter what they faced they just kept coming back and making plays.

This year I have no idea what to think. I do believe that KU will move the ball against State's defense but I fully expect the same on the other side. Somebody on KU's defense is going to have to make a play late to get KU the ball back to go for the win. KU absolutely has a chance to win this game and I personally can't wait. I am more excited about this game then say upcoming Duke vs KU.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Game should play in the 30's or 40's. Kansas State should definitely be favored and will likely win.

I'll take a couple of bounces and the win, though.

Planning on going. Hope the forecasted temps go up a little. Big weekend of football in this area.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

At least this morning on ESPN app they are 5.5 underdogs which is lower than I thought it would be.

100% agreed if KU is to win they are going to have the 'breaks' go for them. If they don't turn the ball over and can get off of the field on third down they have more than a chance to win.

I hope the Chiefs beat the Vikings by a 1000, lol.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:27 am Game should play in the 30's or 40's. Kansas State should definitely be favored and will likely win.

I'll take a couple of bounces and the win, though.

Planning on going. Hope the forecasted temps go up a little. Big weekend of football in this area.
That stadium, with it being pretty full and the wind from the northwest, 48 will feel like 55 or so. Especially with the sun out all day.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I'll just have to get nice and warm at West first.

I'm getting old and cranky where anything less than perfect outside conditions is not ideal. I'll take an extra 10 degrees on the 55 between now and Saturday.

Camarohead on Sunday shouldn't be too bad inside the stadium.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

You're not getting old and cranky.

You've always been that way!

j/k.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

BEAT STATE!!!

BEAT STATE!!!

BEAT STATE!!!
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I have a feeling that Miles wants this one real bad. This is going to be the weekend that we see the return of the Mad Hatter. Fake FG. Fake punt. Something crazy is coming to swing the tide back to Lawrence!

#TheJayhawksAreComing
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Parking in downtown parking garages and then shuttling to the game a few hours before game. Shuttle not a bad deal for $1/person and park for free in the garages. Which garage is best to park in?

9th and NH?
7th and Vermont?
Or Riverfront?

Plan to be in Lawrence around 10 or so, do some walking around, eat and then head to The Booth.

I have a feeling 9th and NH is the busiest parking garage due to location, Riverfront is the least busy because it's up north and 7th and Vermont is in the middle both in traffic and location.

I can't wait to be in that stadium Saturday. Got a personalized message from Les Miles, although he said Jayhawks and not my name, but whatever. They are expecting close to a sellout and they are wanting fans to arrive early to avoid packed entry gates and to get there in time for kickoff.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:11 am I have a feeling that Miles wants this one real bad. This is going to be the weekend that we see the return of the Mad Hatter. Fake FG. Fake punt. Something crazy is coming to swing the tide back to Lawrence!

#TheJayhawksAreComing
I agree. I think we'll see something we haven't seen all year. KU hasn't done much in terms of anything tricky or sneaky. They've just lined up and played. I expect to see something different.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Weird, Newton I got that same message from Les and thought it was for ME???

Someone pointed out that Lockin was on the FG team last week. Maybe something to keep an eye on. I want to see that OG Les. Riverboat, Mad Hatter Les. A lot is riding on this game this weekend and I can't wait. Hell, I don't think KU has had anything close to a sell out since 09. I really hope that the student section brings it. Home field advantage is typically over blown in the NFL but in college it can absolutely make a difference.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah the last game that was over 45K seemed to be in 2011.

Yikes. I think it's clearly over 45K Saturday. 10K of those might be staters, but still fun to see a full Memorial again.

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

This is on FS1, so we should get it. What time is KO?
Defense. Rebounds.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:14 pm This is on FS1, so we should get it. What time is KO?
2:30
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Central? Thanks.
Defense. Rebounds.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

2:30 Hawk Time.

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Thanks, I'll be in my football chair.
Defense. Rebounds.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Before I state this, I understand that State Cross Country is happening in Lawrence but still....

There are basically no hotel rooms or VRBOs available in Lawrence this weekend.

From KU ticket office, there are only, maybe a few hundred tickets available on there. No tickets are available at Tickets For Less or StubHub.

The Booth is going to be packed. It's going to be loud. It's going to be fun. It's been too long since that has happened and I am pumped.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

That's because it will be too dark and cold after the game to take the tractors back to taterville.