CHAZ

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 310

CHAZ

Post by Deleted User 310 »

wtf is really going on in CHAZ?

There is very little coverage that I've seen on TV so far (granted I haven't been watching a ton of TV the last few days).....i have seen some bizarre reports shared on social media, but unsure of their validity/accuracy.

Don't we have some people on here from the area?
Walrus

Re: CHAZ

Post by Walrus »

Don't worry, they are growing their own garden now so they'll have food to survive. The irony is, they've sort of created an anarchist paradise, given that many of them want more government.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Have they chosen you as their spokesperson Lobster?
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Do I not have a right to my opinion and free speech?
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

https://www.city-journal.org/seattle-chaz

Some of the articles I am finding are kind of crazy.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Walrus wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:02 pm Do I not have a right to my opinion and free speech?
Of course. You shouldn't confuse that right with speaking for groups that you don't even know.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Bill Burr said it best when he said, "it's not going to end well..." in regards to the new country.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

So, if they say they are autonomous doesnt that make them a foreign government occupying US land, forfeiting their constituitonal rights and subjecting them to wartime rules?

Not that thats what I think should happen, Im just curious from a legal perspective how that works
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Like the bundy's?
Defense. Rebounds.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Well the bundys had their own issue but they never claimed they were automonous from US. Their issue was with paying for grazing rights on federal lands that we all already pay taxes on. I might be wrong, i didnt follow that terribly closely, it happened not all that far away from here
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Didn't they take over a national park or something.

I think both groups were entirely in the wrong and should be dealt with.
Defense. Rebounds.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Yea i think they took over a building in a national park at one point. I dont remember exactly. I think one of them got shot in a chase and others went to jail i think. Inslee says these autonomous zone people are good and more like a street festival......they took over a police precinct.
Just Ledoux it
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Walrus wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:48 pm Don't worry, they are growing their own garden now so they'll have food to survive. The irony is, they've sort of created an anarchist paradise, given that many of them want more government.
They will get tired, bored and will go away just like "occupy wall street".
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Dunno why OWS got a bad rap, when so many could agree with their objective.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

And the Bundys were all anti fed. They thought the land should be returned to local communities, so they stopped paying their grazing fees. (Something like 10 cents a head of cattle)

When the feds came to kick them off, they were met with a heavily armed standoff.

Yet somehow, still less of a threat than a black guy with a taser running away.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:28 am And the Bundys were all anti fed. They thought the land should be returned to local communities, so they stopped paying their grazing fees. (Something like 10 cents a head of cattle)

When the feds came to kick them off, they were met with a heavily armed standoff.

Yet somehow, still less of a threat than a black guy with a taser running away.
Chaz is anti fed too and think the city should be returned to them/the locals. They are patrolling their border heavily armed.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I think the grazing fees areblike 1.35 per head per month. If the cows dont graze the fire control costs are higher. Not saying bundy were justified, just clarfying the point
Just Ledoux it
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Back up a few fire trucks. Pull out the hoses. Turn on the water. Point. Clean the streets. Problem solved.

Dopeytowne down the drain.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:21 am Back up a few fire trucks. Pull out the hoses. Turn on the water. Point. Clean the streets. Problem solved.

Yeah, that would solve the problem. You know, because people wouldn't react to it after it was done.

zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:21 am Back up a few fire trucks. Pull out the hoses. Turn on the water. Point. Clean the streets. Problem solved.

So your solution to people protesting police brutality is more police brutality. Got it. Thanks.