Schools

Ugh.
Cascadia

Schools

Post by Cascadia »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/21/politics ... index.html

Hmmmm. MICH going to loose his shit over this.
MICHHAWK

Re: Schools

Post by MICHHAWK »

Unfortunately the teachers union will have none of that.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The teachers have a union and that is terrific where it is true. And they should have a say about workplace safety. In 100-days. Meanwhile, the previous republican administration was completely incompetent forcing Biden to start from scratch on vaccine distribution. Lovely.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:13 am Unfortunately the teachers union will have none of that.
Really? You believe that?
"union"? Singular? ALL teachers belong to the same union? ALL school's teachers are in a union?
If you really care, I think you may want to read and brush up on your knowledge regarding teachers, unions, and what the unionS will and will not agree to.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

To date, millions of people have been vaccinated.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:45 am To date, millions of people have been vaccinated.
How many were supposed to have been vaccinated "to date"?
You're really bad at this MICH but hey - you get a gold star smiley face for effort from me. Congrats!

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Hundreds of millions have not
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:13 am Unfortunately the teachers union will have none of that.
Why not? Their job is easier without having to split between remote and on-site or full remote. If it can be done safely I have no problem with it. My kids are back in school full time now and with all the measures in place, it has gone pretty well.

We need to get back to normal and we need help from the government to pay for all the stuff it will take to get there. You bitch that we're locked down and now you're bitching that we're trying to get unlocked. Stop just bitching.
Last edited by twocoach on Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:50 am Hundreds of millions have not
Were you expecting that 100's of millions of United States Citizens would be vaccinated by 01-21-21?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:58 am
Were you expecting that 100's of millions of United States Citizens would be vaccinated by 01-21-21?
I expected tens of millions.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Wasn't the original plan was to have around 100 million vaccinated by April? I'd say US is right on track right now.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:03 am Wasn't the original plan was to have around 100 million vaccinated by April? I'd say US is right on track right now.
There was a plan? In all seriousness, I can't even find any published plan with estimates of vaccine doses given, only estimates on vaccine doses produced. So it depends on who you ask, I guess.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Are you really this dumb? You post that schools should open because "millions have been vaccinated." My response was ... aw effe it, waste of time. Carry on.
Defense. Rebounds.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Israel has vaccinated over 1/3 of its citizens and is on pace to have substantially everyone vaccinated by the end of March.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Super. israel has a population of 9 million people. They have vaccinated 3 million to date. Pin a rose on them.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

trump’s admin said they’d have 20 million vaccinated by New Years

lol, we’re still millions from that

why are facts so hard, mich?

seriously...is it just easier to bury your head in the sand and make shit up?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

we’re at just over 12 million

fucking shameful
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Grandma wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:49 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:45 am To date, millions of people have been vaccinated.
How many were supposed to have been vaccinated "to date"?
You're really bad at this MICH but hey - you get a gold star smiley face for effort from me. Congrats!

This may be avatar worthy
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I talked to my daughter who is a high school teacher on the KS side a couple of days ago. They had been on a hybrid system and have now gone to full remote. She said the hybrid was hard to manage because it was about the same effort as teaching twice as many classes. She says with full remote it is easier to figure out who showed up today for class and who didn't. She has already gotten her vaccination for covid. She says one of the issues that came up is all of the teachers were given the opportunity to get the vaccine and about half of them refused. Most of these same teachers also refuse to wear masks. The kids of course take their cues from their parents and they are also a divided group.

Before the schools are open and operating smoothly there is going to have to be a serious discussion among all parties about public safety and a reliance on science/medicine as a source of decision making information. When half of the decision makers are basing their position on some defiant notion of their personal rights and misinformation, the discussion becomes unmanageable.

I have talked to professors in CO and CA and in the last few weeks, as well as a nephew who is currently at KU. They seem to feel that things are going better on the college level, probably because students and parents have an easier time opting out of education all together if they disagree with the policies. Over at Johnson County Community College things seem to be going well and they are also mostly remote.

I think having a WH that isn't pandering to the fringe conspiracy theories will help. But there are a lot of people who went down the rabbit hole and it will take years for them to come back out. Some of course will never leave because it will take an admission that they were wrong. Teaching kids is hard enough without having a divide that makes simple medical facts an issue of debate that causes the workplace to be a battleground every day. Expect it to be shit show for the year 2021 and a lot of teachers to decide to do something else with their lives.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I tend to dislike Van Jones more than I like him. But he said something this morning that resonated: we have to have a path back to the fold for people who have fallen into the anti-science, anti-fact, white supremacy trap(s). And, Jones said, it needs to be brightly lit.

That's what healing is, to me.

Healing is forgiving, not forgetting. And it involves the forgivers creating and brightly lighting the path, and the forgiven taking that brightly-lit path.