ousdahl

Playoffs

Post by ousdahl »

Is there a dedicated playoffs thread?

anywho there’s ginger on the Hawks who just airballed it LOL
Deleted User 863

Re: Playoffs

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Kevin Huerter. He's actually a really solid role player for the Hawks tbh. He had some big games earlier in the year when Trae was out.
Deleted User 880

Post by Deleted User 880 »

Knicks/Hawks has been a lousy game but will hopefully have a good 4th Quarter.
2nd Quarter and beginning of the 3rd it seemed the Knicks thought the only way they were going to win was by being chippy.
As far as the 76ers / Wiz, has Scott I am one of the worst if not the worst coach in the NBA Brooks been fired yet or will they wait until after the game is over? Congrats to the 76ers for advancing.
Deleted User 863

Going to be 3 boring games tonight.

Good season by the Knicks. They did better than most expected. Strange team. RJ and Julius are nice pieces but they're still multiple pieces away from being legit contenders in the east.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

You need a ton of shooters around those 2 or it will not work.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
Deleted User 863

I don't like cheering against the team with a jayhawk on it, but i sure wouldn't mind seeing Dallas win tonight.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Luka.
What a half.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Trey just kept answering in that 4th.
Made Spike leave early.
Deleted User 880

Anyone know if Wardell was at the 76ers game tonight? His bro put on a show.
Speaking of putting on a show, Spida had a heck of a first half.
I'm not watching the game but it appears either he didn't play much in the 3rd Quarter or he didn't try very hard to score. BLOWOUT. Jazz say NEXT.
I don't know why I have been sleeping on the Clips. I would be foolish to think they can't win the West.
Deleted User 880

pdub wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:38 pm Trey just kept answering in that 4th.
Made Spike leave early.
He came back. Not sure why. Hopefully to pay respect to the Knicks (for having a better season than most predicted) - and the Hawks (for winning the series convincingly).
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

They pulled it to within 11 with like 2 minutes so he came back but then Trey hit a floater and a deep three and he left again.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Luka made or assisted on 31 of the Mavs' 37 field goals, accounting for 83.8% of Dallas' buckets, the highest percentage ever in a playoff game, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.
Deleted User 863

MJ23 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:40 pm
Made Spike leave early.
He came back. Not sure why. Hopefully to pay respect to the Knicks (for having a better season than most predicted) - and the Hawks (for winning the series convincingly).
My gut tells me he came back because right as he hit the tunnel Reggie was roasting him for leaving and i wouldn't be surprised if someone said hey spike they got you on TV leaving early you should probably go back to you don't take heat from knicks fans for bouncing with 3min left.

The knicks being good is good for the NBA. The NY stars were out in full force at that game last night and until the game got out of hand in the 4th it seemed like an awesome atmosphere for the players.
Deleted User 863

I am usually one of the people who defends LeBron but this is a bad look...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPol6n-FADz ... =copy_link
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

dude’s been a sore looser for his entire career
Deleted User 863

Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:54 am dude’s been a sore looser for his entire career
Being a sore loser is one thing. Lots of athletes are sore losers.

One of those clips was 1st or 2nd quarter of a close playoff game. That is simply not acceptable imo.
Deleted User 880

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:28 am
MJ23 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:40 pm
Made Spike leave early.
My gut tells me he came back because right as he hit the tunnel Reggie was roasting him for leaving and i wouldn't be surprised if someone said hey spike they got you on TV leaving early you should probably go back to you don't take heat from knicks fans for bouncing with 3min left.

The knicks being good is good for the NBA. The NY stars were out in full force at that game last night and until the game got out of hand in the 4th it seemed like an awesome atmosphere for the players.
My gut tells me he tried to leave through the employee entrance and not the VIP entrance and they wouldn't let him.
For those who don't understand my sarcasm. https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/288 ... msg-season

Knicks being good is absolutely good for the NBA - for many reasons.
As far as the atmosphere in MSG, it's always great when the Knicks are playing well - or a great team is playing the Knicks.
That being said, I believe NBA attendance figures are based on tickets sold/distributed and not actual "gate" numbers. If so, in 2019 the Knicks were in the bottom half of % of tickets sold. In 2018 they were around 13, 14, 15. WHY? Not only are they playing in the most populated metropolitan area in the country but there are a ton of "transplants" living in NY.
Will be interesting to see how many celebs are in attendance next season based on the weather. Meaning "fair weather".
Deleted User 880

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:57 am
ousdahl wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:54 am dude’s been a sore looser for his entire career
Being a sore loser is one thing. Lots of athletes are sore losers.

One of those clips was 1st or 2nd quarter of a close playoff game. That is simply not acceptable imo.
I prefer an athlete be a sore loser than not give a damn. Of course there is often a fine line between the two that we can't always visually see.

As far as LeBron, my guess is people can find clips of players such as Jordan who have "slacked" at moments in a playoff game but the guy (LeBron) has been known to "quit" multiple times in the playoffs. Thus, one of the reasons why people question his "killer" instinct/mentality.
LeBron gets paid basically 40 million dollars in salary. I don't feel it's wrong for people to expect him to give 100% every second he's on the floor. So therefore, it's magnified when he doesn't.
Dude thought for sure another ring was in the bag for him if he and A.D. were healthy. My guess is he can't bear that a knock on him and his legacy will be while it's amazing at how many playoff series and Finals he's played in, he SO FAR has "just" 4 rings to show for it.