5 Questions for a Gloomy Monday in January

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

5 Questions for a Gloomy Monday in January

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

1. Assuming you are both a Chiefs and Jayhawk/s fan. Would you rather the Chiefs win the 2022 Super Bowl or the Jayhawks win the 2022 NCAA Mens Basketball Championship?

2. You must eat a fruit in the next 24 hours. You can choose ANY fruit. Which fruit do you choose?

3. Other than this website, name TWO that you have HONESTLY visited in the past 72 hours.

4. You are standing in line at a fast food restaurant and the person if front of you keeps asking the order taker how much various items cost with tax. You assume they are "on a limited budget" and you offer to pay for their meal. You simple say, "Excuse me - I would like to pay for your meal". He/she tells you - "fuck you". While none of the 5 responses is what I would choose to do, you must choose one of the EXACT 5 following responses. Which do you choose?
a. Tell him/her - "Someone is in a shitty mood. Have a nice day handsome/beautiful".
b. Tell him/her - "I'm sorry, I was just trying to be kind. Clearly you're offended and you really shouldn't be an asshole about it".
c. Tell him/her - "Fuck me? No, fuck YOU".
d. Smack him/her in the back of the head.
e. Ask the order taker to get a manager and tell the manager what happened.

5. I have very few favorites of anything. I'll give you a choice. What is EITHER your favorite food, movie, or city in the USA?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

Re: 5 Questions for a Gloomy Monday in January

Post by Deleted User 863 »

1. Jayhawks
2. Dragon Fruit
3. Sportsreference.com espn.com
4. C
5. Fried Chicken

Side note: not my favorite city by any means, but Franklin TN has a pretty cool little downtown area with cool shops and really good food spots.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

1. TOUGH question for me. I'm more of a football fan than a basketball fan but being that I attended KU and never lived in KC, I am going to have to go with a KU championship. Let's hope BOTH happen!

2. At this moment I am going to say an Orange.

3. ESPN & Twitter

4. All depends on what mood I am/was in - and the size and demeanor of the other person might be a factor in my decision. All 5 are bad choices but I would probably opt for e being that it would be the least confrontational.

5. I was only asking for one but food would probably be steak. City would probably be Santa Barbara California. Movie I have no idea.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

1. Jayhawks, pretty easy question
2. Some super fresh Mango
3. Youtube, Wordle
4. If I had to choose, probably C.
5. Burnt Ends
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

1. Jayhawks

2. Banana

3. Twitter (shocker!), Yahoo Fantasy Basketball

4. b.

5. Tex-Mex
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 863

sdoyel wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:22 am 3. Twitter (shocker!)
🤣🤣🤣

Love it.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

1) Jayhawks and it isn't close.
2) Strawberries
3) The Phog and egullet
4) f, apologize for being an a-hole and assuming that person could not pay for their food.
5) Really good biscuits and gravy.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"The Phog"

You whore.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

1) Chiefs
2) orange
3) ESPN, gmail
4) I only do drive thru, there are at least 5 good reasons for that
5) steak, my favorite city to visit is Chicago and my favorite city to reside in is Colorado Springs
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Deleted User 863

Chicago is a fantastic city, even with their problems. Great food.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:47 am
4. You are standing in line at a fast food restaurant and the person if front of you keeps asking the order taker how much various items cost with tax. You assume they are "on a limited budget" and you offer to pay for their meal. You simple say, "Excuse me - I would like to pay for your meal". He/she tells you - "fuck you". While none of the 5 responses is what I would choose to do, you must choose one of the EXACT 5 following responses. Which do you choose?
a. Tell him/her - "Someone is in a shitty mood. Have a nice day handsome/beautiful".
b. Tell him/her - "I'm sorry, I was just trying to be kind. Clearly you're offended and you really shouldn't be an asshole about it".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASqnnZpsX1M&t=150s
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

1. Chiefs. Chiefs still matter more nationally. But it's damn close.
2. Strawberries.
3. Twitter. ESPN
4. B
5. San Diego is beautiful.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:57 am Chicago is a fantastic city, even with their problems. Great food.
I had high hopes when I went to Vesecky's Bakery on my last trip. But the best poppyseed kolaches are still made in Protivin, Iowa. I need to get back up there to see the Nick Cave retrospective at the Chicago MOCA. I will meet you at Miller's Pub for a beer and a french dip, my treat.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

1. Jayhawks. Not much of an NFL fan, so the correct answer might be Not Applicable since I fail the initial assumption.

2. This time of the year a fresh orange from my tree - fragrant, ripe and juicy!

3. Google maps; wordle

4. b

5. Lahaina, Hawaii
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

zsn wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:28 pm
5. Lahaina, Hawaii
Yes
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:47 am 1. Assuming you are both a Chiefs and Jayhawk/s fan. Would you rather the Chiefs win the 2022 Super Bowl or the Jayhawks win the 2022 NCAA Mens Basketball Championship?

2. You must eat a fruit in the next 24 hours. You can choose ANY fruit. Which fruit do you choose?

3. Other than this website, name TWO that you have HONESTLY visited in the past 72 hours.

5. I have very few favorites of anything. I'll give you a choice. What is EITHER your favorite food, movie, or city in the USA?
1. Jayhawks
2. Strawberries - I choose the one that is in my fridge and needs to be eaten before it goes bad
3. cbssports and espn. Been reading all the content I can find on the last three days of big KU/Chiefs wins.
4. Say nothing. I offered (which I wouldn't do because it is rude in many scenarios) and they felt it was rude to do so. No need to make it worse.
5. food - ice cream. Too man good choices for the other two.