dumb shit a trumpublican said today

Ugh.
Overlander
Contributor

Re: dumb shit a trumpublican said today

Post by Overlander »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:01 am
Overlander wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:04 pm
Overlander wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:00 pm You seriously think that every election that a Republican loses isn’t going to be met with armed protest?
Yeah, clearly I was over reacting:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... SApp_Other
surprised this sort of thing wasn’t more widespread given the rhetoric from so many on the right
Is there a reason to believe that this won't become more commonplace as the noose tightens on Donny J and Company?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Overlander wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:42 am
KUTradition wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:01 am
Overlander wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:04 pm

Yeah, clearly I was over reacting:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... SApp_Other
surprised this sort of thing wasn’t more widespread given the rhetoric from so many on the right
Is there a reason to believe that this won't become more commonplace as the noose tightens on Donny J and Company?
I fully expect it to be more commonplace as the cases against Trump progress.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

That's quite the wish. Too many shoots to the head in his soccer career?

A Sarasota candidate for Congress says he would have killed the FBI agents who searched former President Donald Trump's property if they tried to do the same thing to his home.

"I wish they'd turn up at my home 'cause they'd have gone home in a body bag," Sarasota businessman Martin Hyde says in a new video.

Hyde is a Republican running for Congress against U.S. Rep. Vern Buchanan, R-Longboat Key. He has been a magnet for controversy, with his campaign imploding after he was caught on camera in February berating a Sarasota police officer and threatening her job during a traffic stop.

It appeared Hyde might drop out of the race, but he paid the qualifying fee and has remained a candidate. His campaign hasn't attracted much attention since then until now, when Hyde put out the inflammatory video in the closing stretch of the Aug. 23 primary.

Hyde seizes on GOP outrage over the search of Trump's Mar-a-Lago property in the video.

"When they turned up at Mar-a-Lago and raided the home of President Trump, that was an assault on every one of the 75 million people who voted for Donald Trump, it was a assault on democracy," Hyde says as the video shows images of police officers, Mar-a-Lago and Trump supporters. "These people would stop at nothing. I wish they'd turn up at my home 'cause they'd have gone home in a body bag."
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Not comment needed.

Tucker Carlson sounded just like his good pal and right-wing conspiracy nut Alex Jones on Monday, at one point commenting about chemicals in milk that “turn kids trans.”

The Fox host expressed sympathy during his show for an Amish farmer named Amos Miller who has run into legal trouble over food safety issues identified by the Food and Drug Administration dating back to 2016. The government is seeking $305,065 in fines, and, according to a legal update on the farm website dated last September, has put meat production on hold.

“So they went after gyms, organic farmers, and churches?” Carlson complained, referring also to government restrictions put in place during the COVID pandemic to limit gatherings in enclosed spaces. “So, maybe they’re against anything that’s wholesome and edifying and that makes you stronger and healthier, and are in favor of anything that diminishes you and makes you more dependent? I’m just sensing a theme here.”

Carlson’s guest, a reporter for the right-wing website Rebel News named Jeremy Loffredo, noted that Miller’s organic farm doesn’t use “any gasoline or any fertilizer.” Those two commodities, Loffredo claimed, “have become very expensive because of [President Joe] Biden’s policies in regards to the war in Ukraine and Russia.” The administration, he added, is “coming after [Miller] for it.”

“Maybe if he promises to put more chemicals in the milk that turn kids trans, they’ll lay off,” blurted out Carlson, who has targeted transgender people before. His comment was reminiscent of Jones’ loony theory that the government is “putting chemicals in the water that turn the friggin’ frogs gay.”
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

just asking questions…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

What's in tucker's milk?
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

japhy wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:30 am Not comment needed.

Tucker Carlson sounded just like his good pal and right-wing conspiracy nut Alex Jones on Monday, at one point commenting about chemicals in milk that “turn kids trans.”

The Fox host expressed sympathy during his show for an Amish farmer named Amos Miller who has run into legal trouble over food safety issues identified by the Food and Drug Administration dating back to 2016. The government is seeking $305,065 in fines, and, according to a legal update on the farm website dated last September, has put meat production on hold.

“So they went after gyms, organic farmers, and churches?” Carlson complained, referring also to government restrictions put in place during the COVID pandemic to limit gatherings in enclosed spaces. “So, maybe they’re against anything that’s wholesome and edifying and that makes you stronger and healthier, and are in favor of anything that diminishes you and makes you more dependent? I’m just sensing a theme here.”

Carlson’s guest, a reporter for the right-wing website Rebel News named Jeremy Loffredo, noted that Miller’s organic farm doesn’t use “any gasoline or any fertilizer.” Those two commodities, Loffredo claimed, “have become very expensive because of [President Joe] Biden’s policies in regards to the war in Ukraine and Russia.” The administration, he added, is “coming after [Miller] for it.”

“Maybe if he promises to put more chemicals in the milk that turn kids trans, they’ll lay off,” blurted out Carlson, who has targeted transgender people before. His comment was reminiscent of Jones’ loony theory that the government is “putting chemicals in the water that turn the friggin’ frogs gay.”
The FDA is going after Miller because he runs a buyer's club with about 4,000 customers to which he deliveries meat, egg, dairy products, and fermented fruits and vegetables but he does not comply with with federal meat and poultry food safety statutes.

The DOJ has sought to force Miler to operate under the “Federal Grant of Inspection” before his farm may slaughter, prepare, process, or sell for distribution any meat or poultry products.

According to DOJ, federally inspected establishments must:

Demonstrate the ability to meet USDA-FSIS requirements for producing safe, wholesome, and correctly labeled products.
Satisfy sanitation, facility, and operational standards.
Have food safety programs.

This has nothing to do with whether he uses gas or fertilizer.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/23/politics ... index.html

"[A] lot of money it's going to trees. Don't we have enough trees around here?" Walker said at a Republican Jewish Committee event near Atlanta, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:16 pm https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/23/politics ... index.html

"[A] lot of money it's going to trees. Don't we have enough trees around here?" Walker said at a Republican Jewish Committee event near Atlanta, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
After watching John Oliver's show on carbon offsets, I have to throw in with Hershel on this one. And only on this one.
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

that’s, uh, a bit of missing the forest for the trees
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:30 pm
twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:16 pm https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/23/politics ... index.html

After watching John Oliver's show on carbon offsets, I have to throw in with Hershel on this one. And only on this one.
While I agree that the corporate posing over "carbon offsets" is largely bullshit, that's not really what Walker is talking about. He is referencing plans such as the Repairing Existing Public Land by Adding Necessary Trees (REPLANT) Act and the Forest Service’s Urban and Community Forestry Program (U&CF).

https://www.usda.gov/media/press-releas ... on-climate

https://www.eenews.net/articles/climate ... ity-trees/

Neither of these are meant to be "carbon offsets".
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

OK, well pardon me for not reading a story on HW.
Defense. Rebounds.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Hershel Walker is a clown.
He will fit right in
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

He may be the dumbest person running for office this go-round. Dude got hit in the head too many times and probably needs medical help.
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:00 pm OK, well pardon me for not reading a story on HW.
No worries, it spurred me to watch the John Oliver segment you noted and it was interesting.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:26 pm He may be the dumbest person running for office this go-round. Dude got hit in the head too many times and probably needs medical help.
Between Walker and MTG, Georgia seems to celebrate idiots.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Even "winners" having losing streak I suppose. In an ironic twist she did get the "broken to it's core" part right.

Extremist Laura Loomer lost a Florida GOP primary challenge against House incumbent Dan Webster on Tuesday ― but she didn’t quite see it that way.

“I”m not conceding, because I’m a winner!” Loomer yelled, baselessly alleging that she was a victim of election fraud.

“And the reality is, this Republican Party is broken to its core,” she continued, per video posted by News 6′s Mike DeForest.

“What we have done tonight is really, honestly shocked the nation,” she continued. “We have further exposed a corruption within our own feckless, cowardly Republican Party. And that is exactly the reason why, right, I decided to go against the RINO Republican Daniel Webster, do-nothing Daniel Webster.”

Loomer, in tears, blamed fraud.

“We are losing our country to big-tech election interference,” she said, per Newsweek. “And I am pleading with the Republican Party to please start taking this issue seriously, because the American people deserve representation.” She gave no reason for the allegation.

Loomer, a self-proclaimed white nationalist and Islamophobe who suggested the Buffalo supermarket shooting was set up by Democrats, got closer than many expected on Tuesday. In 2020, the Donald Trump-backed Loomer won a GOP primary, but lost the general election in a landslide.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

japhy wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:34 am

“What we have done tonight is really, honestly shocked the nation,” she continued. “We have further exposed a corruption within our own feckless, cowardly Republican Party. ”

Loomer, in tears

I'm guessing self awareness is not her strong suit.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

None of this can end well. The rhetoric is dangerous. We are about to enter a really dark stage in the evolution of this country.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:18 am None of this can end well. The rhetoric is dangerous. We are about to enter a really dark stage in the evolution of this country.
More than a million US citizens dying because some people politicized masking and vaccinations? We entered it a few years ago.