Nba draft/offseason

Kansas Basketball.
randylahey

Nba draft/offseason

Post by randylahey »

Obviously the intriguing part for us will be finding out where agbaji and braun end up. But there's always a chance other Jayhawks could be on the move this off-season.
randylahey

Re: Nba draft/offseason

Post by randylahey »

But saw Portland traded a future 1st round pick for Jeremi Grant. First big trade surrounding the draft I think. Mclemore was playing with that squad looks like the are trying to make something happen while they've got Lillard is his prime still
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

NBA Draft prospects 2022: The six safest picks, from Duke's Paolo Banchero to Kansas' Ochai Agbaji

Ochai Agbaji, Kansas
What makes him a safe pick: As a 22-year-old, Agbaji will be the oldest player selected in the first round, but his age and experience will be an asset, as he is ready to enter an NBA rotation immediately.

Agbaji was always seen as an NBA-level defender with speed, length and athleticism. The cherry on top was developing into a 40.9 percent 3-point shooter during his senior season, improving his perimeter shooting every year in college.

Agbaji is everything you can ask for in a 3-and-D player in today's NBA. He'll run hard in transition and create easy buckets as a cutter. He can knock down catch-and-shoot 3s and he's always locked in on the defensive end. He's the glue guy that any team could use.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nba ... zt9ut9rrka
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Interested to see where our Jayhawks players end up and whether or not the Kings trade out of that #4 pick. Jaden Ivey is really exciting and I could see someone like the Knicks make a move to go get him thinking that he's the next Ja Morant.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

You mean the same Jaden Ivey who I watched shit the bed against Northwestern? Didn't play a whole lot better that game than I would have.
Ok, the kid will probably be a stud in the NBA. He's going to Detroit if he falls that far.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

BOOLS draft Ochai?
( not sure he falls that far )
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

That would be wonderful. Well, maybe not for Och. Bools are guard heavy right now.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Pearl calling out chet’s stature, comparing him to Shawn Bradley

fine, i guess, but then you’d also have to throw in the likes of KD and Tayshawn Prince

i wouldn’t take chet #1, but it’s not because of his stature
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

With a guy like KD, you knew he'd be a star despite his size, because of the way he played and where he played.

Chet can shoot but a good deal of his baskets came around the bucket - and he's a center - so his stature does matter more than a Durant or Trae Young here. You can still get manhandled guarding the block.

That said, he's someone you still take a chance on, maybe not number one, but top 5, because of his range of skillsets ( and wingspan! ).
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:06 am You mean the same Jaden Ivey who I watched shit the bed against Northwestern? Didn't play a whole lot better that game than I would have.
Ok, the kid will probably be a stud in the NBA. He's going to Detroit if he falls that far.
Pretty sure that every single NBA All Star in history has had some bad games. A reminder that presumed #1 overall pick Jabari Smith's college career ended on a 3-16 effort vs. Miami.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

twocoach wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:45 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:06 am You mean the same Jaden Ivey who I watched shit the bed against Northwestern? Didn't play a whole lot better that game than I would have.
Pretty sure that every single NBA All Star in history has had some bad games. A reminder that presumed #1 overall pick Jabari Smith's college career ended on a 3-16 effort vs. Miami.
Yep. For example......

2014 Wiggins last college game he shot 1-6 Fg. Clearly didn't hurt his draft stock.
2015 KAT's NCAA tournament game vs WVU he had 1 point. Clearly didn't hurt his draft stock.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

It should be an interesting night for sure. Curious to see if any significant trades happen.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Chet seems like he could be a bust. Just not high on him.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:23 pm It should be an interesting night for sure. Curious to see if any significant trades happen.
Sounds like Malcolm Brogdon and John Collins are top targets to be on the move.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:35 pm Chet seems like he could be a bust. Just not high on him.
I've always viewed him as a Prozingis clone that's a bit better defensively. Got enough size and skill where he'll be a good player, just never a build the team around him type of guy. IMO, not exactly who you spend a top 3 pick on, but there's a reason I'm typing this on a message board and not preparing for the draft lol.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:10 pm
2015 KAT's NCAA tournament game vs WVU he had 1 point. Clearly didn't hurt his draft stock.
Didn't WVU run a 4 guard press and get beat by like 75 that game? It looked more like a HS All-Star game than it did a March Madness game when it comes to showcasing a center.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Yep. That was the 78-39 game. If someone would have told me Towns and Cauley-Stein combined for 9 points I would have figured UK lost.
Cauley-Stein has to be considered an NBA bust. Right?
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

I give anyone who was drafted by Sacromento a pass, lol. Once their contract is up and they get a chance to go somewhere else, the league still views them as a prospect. If you're going to sign a prospect, might as well be one 3-4 years younger on a rookie contract.

Who's the last player they drafted that turned into even a half decent NBA player outside of Fox? Even he just be called the 'best of the worst' simply because it's the NBA and somebody has to score some points for your team.
Deleted User 863

Haliburton is good