Dajuan harris junior season

Kansas Basketball.
randylahey

Dajuan harris junior season

Post by randylahey »

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ck83YASPLwc ... MyMTA2M2Y=

Obviously 13 to 1 can't be sustained but where does this stat finish? Good start
Mjl

Re: Dajuan harris junior season

Post by Mjl »

We consider him a junior?
So then is Yesufu considered a junior or senior?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

the KU athletics site lists 2021-22 as Dajuan's sophomore year, which would make this his junior.

https://kuathletics.com/roster/157526/

Interestingly, the same site lists Yes as:

2020-2021 (sophomore at Drake)
2021-2022 (sophomore at Kansas)
https://kuathletics.com/roster/joseph-yesufu/
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

randylahey wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:49 pm
ousdahl wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:44 pm Pettiford looked way faster than Dajuan there
Because dajuan is slow and untalented
randylahey wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:54 pm
TDub wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:49 pm
randylahey wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:44 pm Dajuan is so bad. Its crazy. Maybe pettiford can beat him out eventually
you're wrong.

but no one will change your mind.

Seems like just yesterday you were yelling for Yesefu to take his job..now its bobby?
Does anyone on here actually enjoy having a slow point guard who can't shoot? I dont. Thats what dajuan is. I dont care how well he takes care of the ball and plays defense. That limited role fits well on some teams. Is a liability on other teams. Lowers your ceiling dramatically
randylahey wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:55 pm Dajuan missed back to back layups in miserable fashion on one play. Ive seen him miss a lot of layups the past couple years. Not a fan
Just Ledoux it
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

TDub wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:32 pm
randylahey wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:49 pm
ousdahl wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:44 pm Pettiford looked way faster than Dajuan there
Because dajuan is slow and untalented
randylahey wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:54 pm
TDub wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:49 pm

you're wrong.

but no one will change your mind.

Seems like just yesterday you were yelling for Yesefu to take his job..now its bobby?
Does anyone on here actually enjoy having a slow point guard who can't shoot? I dont. Thats what dajuan is. I dont care how well he takes care of the ball and plays defense. That limited role fits well on some teams. Is a liability on other teams. Lowers your ceiling dramatically
randylahey wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:55 pm Dajuan missed back to back layups in miserable fashion on one play. Ive seen him miss a lot of layups the past couple years. Not a fan
All of that is still accurate. Just thought I'd say something nice for you sensitive souls. Dajaun does a hell of a job taking care of the ball
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

thanks for creating a thread to satisfy the sensitive souls. Jesus you cant help yourself. Tough guy.
Just Ledoux it
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

TDub wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:38 pm thanks for creating a thread to satisfy the sensitive souls. Jesus you cant help yourself. Tough guy.
Just for you really. I was just posting a nice statistic I saw about dajuan
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

dh is my favorite current player.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

I thought DH would be my favorite player this year, but it might actually be Udeh.

Also need to see more of MJ. He may end up being my favorite this year.

Something I have really enjoyed is that the last several years worth of teams we've had players that were easy to cheer for and like.

No Greene's Vick's or Bragg's.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

rice reminds me of wayne selden.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:56 pm rice reminds me of wayne selden.
Yep. Been saying that since he committed. Selden clone. Also why I dont expect a ton as a freshman. Big athletic guard with high upside tho. But not a polished product yet
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

randylahey wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:09 pm
Yep. Been saying that since he committed. Selden clone. Also why I dont expect a ton as a freshman. Big athletic guard with high upside tho. But not a polished product yet
Similar skill sets I suppose. Selden seemed a tad more bouncy.

But, as far as not expecting a ton, Selden played over 29min a game his first year. I think he had a pretty good freshman year, all things considered.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:13 pm
randylahey wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:09 pm
Similar skill sets I suppose. Selden seemed a tad more bouncy.

But, as far as not expecting a ton, Selden played over 29min a game his first year. I think he had a pretty good freshman year, all things considered.
That was one of selfs youngest/worst teams. Selden had to play big minutes. Not very often self has a bunch of freshman starting and playing huge minutes
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

And Selden did have a decent freshman year. But it was based on volume not efficieny. That team (Seldens freshman year) lost the most games self has ever lost in a season at ku
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

It'll be interesting what happens the next two seasons. I would expect Juan to play out his eligibility since the NIL money should be probably better than he could make playing basketball anywhere else (not sure what he could make in, like, Turkey).

I also don't see Pettiford leaving early.

But unless one or both of them becomes a solid shooter, they're tough to play together for 20+ minutes per game.

I suppose you could do what Purdue did with Williams and Edey last year when they had that problem (two of their best players play same position so play them each 20 mpg). Not sure I like that.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Mjl wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:07 pm It'll be interesting what happens the next two seasons. I would expect Juan to play out his eligibility since the NIL money should be probably better than he could make playing basketball anywhere else (not sure what he could make in, like, Turkey).

I also don't see Pettiford leaving early.

But unless one or both of them becomes a solid shooter, they're tough to play together for 20+ minutes per game.

I suppose you could do what Purdue did with Williams and Edey last year when they had that problem (two of their best players play same position so play them each 20 mpg). Not sure I like that.
Make sure 1 is always on the floor at all times. And try to sneak a few minutes with em out there together. I dont like them playing together at all because they are both small and not natural shooters, but IF they are our best 2 perimeter guys im sure self would find a way to get em both about 30 minutes a game.

There was a stretch against Omaha where pettiford and harris hit back to back 3s. So it isn't like their futures of jumpshots is completely hopeless
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Randy is hilarious. Hundreds of shit takes…then, 1 of them works out.
Then, he reminds us a dozen times about that time he was correct.

He is like that guy in a pick up game that chucks three pointers every time he touches the ball. Then, he makes 1 out of 20, which only convinces him he needs to shoot more
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Overlander wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:00 pm Randy is hilarious. Hundreds of shit takes…then, 1 of them works out.
Then, he reminds us a dozen times about that time he was correct.

He is like that guy in a pick up game that chucks three pointers every time he touches the ball. Then, he makes 1 out of 20, which only convinces him he needs to shoot more
My pick up game is strong if you wanna test that theory. Lol.

Its more like some of you doubt everything I say (just cause its me and some of yall will always hate me for not withering in fear over covid) and I end up right way more often than you would like (but not always)

Tonight will be a good test for dajuan and I's relationship this year. I bet he has a nice little game tonight. 11pts 6 assist 3 steals (1 missed layup)
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

big stage tonight. we are going to need the upperclassmen to show up.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

That slow point guard that can't shoot played a really really good game last night. 10 assists. Good shit