Goergia

Post by jhawks99 »

Looks like Warnock is going to win.

Does Walker concede? Claim voter fraud?
Defense. Rebounds.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Goergia

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Think it’ll be too big of a margin to have any of that.

I think Republicans are tired of Trump. They’re not fighting as hard as they used to. They’ve gone too far right for the general public and moderates.

They’re a train wreck. I was a Republican until about 6-7 years ago. They’ve gotten so off the track it hurt them in midterms.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I agree they're a train wreck. Partly why I would not be surprised if Walker starts calling voter fraud.
Defense. Rebounds.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

So the purple states now are Georgia, Arizona, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Nevada. That's probably it now.

If that holds up in a couple years the Democrats are going to lose the Senate. Have seats in OH, WV, AZ, MT, MI, WI that are currently in Dem hands that will be up. The Republicans that are up are all in red states.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Warnock, "Put your shoes on..."
Defense. Rebounds.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Mjl wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:02 pm So the purple states now are Georgia, Arizona, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Nevada. That's probably it now.
Georgia is still a red state - at least in 2022. If it wasn’t for a deeply flawed Senate candidate it would have been a comfortable red sweep.

Other than that I agree with your assessment.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Except they went blue for their last POTUS election and their last three senate elections. The only statewide vote that's been red is Governor.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:30 pm Does Walker concede? Claim voter fraud?
blames the werewolves (or vampires)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Mjl wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:34 am Except they went blue for their last POTUS election and their last three senate elections. The only statewide vote that's been red is Governor.
Which seems somewhat reasonable. More conservative state government and more liberal national government.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:46 am
Mjl wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:34 am Except they went blue for their last POTUS election and their last three senate elections. The only statewide vote that's been red is Governor.
Which seems somewhat reasonable. More conservative state government and more liberal national government.
Which is more often than not how I vote
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Kind of how I lean too Mjl. I'm pretty damn in the middle. I can't tie myself to something or some side and just stick by it regardless.

As Ted Lasso says during one of my favorite scenes of the show. "Be curious, not judgmental" America would be much better off if we lived by that motto.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:08 am Kind of how I lean too Mjl. I'm pretty damn in the middle. I can't tie myself to something or some side and just stick by it regardless.

As Ted Lasso says during one of my favorite scenes of the show. "Be curious, not judgmental" America would be much better off if we lived by that motto.
To be curious is to admit that you don't know some things. Unfortunately that is a skill many do not have. Combine that with some people's desire to define their self worth by judging others as below them and you have a recipe for a fundamentally dysfunctional society.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:29 am
jhawks99 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:30 pm Does Walker concede? Claim voter fraud?
blames the werewolves (or vampires)
I saw an excerpt of a short statement he made. Although he didn’t explicitly concede his statement was conciliatory. Didn’t congratulate his opponent. Just said that his supporters should believe in the Constitution and support elected officials or something to that effect. Clearly he didn’t write it, because it was actually a coherent sentence and not batsh!t crazy. At least he’s listening to some adult supervision. We are to a point in our political history where not scorching the earth is considered commendable!
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

society is just fine. it's the interwebz and the social medias that is dysfunctional.

luckily, almost no one conducts themselves in their real life like they do on the social medias.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

How does Kari Lake conduct herself in real life?
Defense. Rebounds.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

I’ll see your Kari Lake and raise you Donald Trump…….and Elon Musk………..and whatever name the former Kanye West goes by these days.

BTW, we should teach our childrens to be careful about the social medias
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:14 pm society is just fine. it's the interwebz and the social medias that is dysfunctional.

luckily, almost no one conducts themselves in their real life like they do on the social medias.
Sorry, but the web and social media are now part of inextricably woven into our society. If society was just fine, we wouldn't have a giant subsection of our nation getting dupes by conmen convincing them that people are eating babies and that JFK Jr. is going to rise from the dead to join Trump on the GOP ticket. There wouldn't be millions of people supporting secession from the Union for certain states.

And the news is full of people who choose to carry their social media digital personas over into their real life. Jan. 6th would be the prime example of people so entwined in their social media life that it forever ruined their real life.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I can say with confidence that my in person persona is pretty spot on to the asshole that I am online
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Republicans are technically going to have a plurality in the Senate - Sinema announced she's switching to Independent. So official count is
R - 49
D - 48
I - 3
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Overlander wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:36 pm I can say with confidence that my in person persona is pretty spot on to the asshole that I am online
I can confirm that you are a dick, and that makes you compatible with my off-internet friends group.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.