Duke

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: Duke

Post by ousdahl »

I suppose it's a little different in that the comments made were specific to a KU coach, but you gotta figure there could also be more to come. Does K sit Zion if, in the next trial, more specific allegations are made? Or if K or other Duke coaches are implicated? Hasn't Zion had plenty of concerns about his amateur status for a while?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Zion went to duke because they can protect him. Untouchable like eliot ness
Just Ledoux it
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Untouchable actually referred to Capone. And they got him on tax invasion.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Speaking of..... http://www.famous-trials.com/alcapone/1 ... transcript
Yes, Oscar was my great Uncle. Seriously.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:51 pm Untouchable actually referred to Capone. And they got him on tax invasion.
Lol
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Just have to wait and see. If Duke scores 118 the next few games, then you know they are the team to beat.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:41 pm what’s it take for K to sit Zion?
are there rumors/allegations involving zion out there? I havent paid a ton of attention cause college basketball is a shitstorm right now in that regard.

I know zion was heavily linked with adidas in much of his high school. played for an adidas sponsored AAU team. was frequently seen wearing adidas. KU was considering very in the picture for him at one point.
But suddenly he dropped the adidas gear. the adidas school. and went to duke. we know adidas was paying people. Im sure zion had to receive at least as good of a counter offer
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

No team is gonna go down because they'd have to bring down everyone.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

lobster wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:35 pm No team is gonna go down because they'd have to bring down everyone.
That requires the ncaa to be consistent and logical...
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

K is now a N/I/L guy. Life comes at you fast!

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/c ... =hootsuite
The longtime Blue Devils coach also spoke on the importance of adapting to the changing landscape of collegiate athletics.

He questioned whether universities are doing enough to help players and their families, while commending the NCAA for improvements in that area. He added that paying players isn't likely to happen, but the NCAA can find other ways for players to earn money while in school.

"We don't pay them, but there's cost of attendance, travel, insurance. There's so many things that they'll do for a player. I don't think it will ever be where you can pay (players), but it may be in the near future where likeness, the use of an individual's name and face, where there's something that could be worked out. ... I think that's where we're headed."
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

randylahey wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:31 pm
ousdahl wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:41 pm what’s it take for K to sit Zion?
are there rumors/allegations involving zion out there?
If Kurtis Townsend and Gasnolla were discussing/aware of a demands list from Zion's dad then I've got to imagine Duke and the "Nike equivalent of Gasnolla" had a similar convo/awareness of that wish list.

Or maybe he turned down our package because of Dukes brotherhood or whatever. Totally logical.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

K's abrupt turn from "blip" to "pay these kids!" is pretty great. I envision someone approaching him after the "blip" comment and letting him know exactly the sorts of things he's complicit in.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Duke didn't look as unbeatable at home against Army today.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 183

Did you watch the game PhD? Me either. Stat wise it looks as if Duke might have beaten Army with Williamson, Barrett, Reddish, you, and I.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Most of the first half, very little of the second. But thanks for assuming that I didn't. Army looked like they were playing their asses off and dook was on cruise control, but you can see that dooks 1 and 5 are its weaknesses....which we all knew, but maybe more of a weakness than it seemed after the champions classic.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

zion with some ridiculous highlights again. hate duke or not its crazy to watch an athlete like him in college

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-2gwW8JwUo
Deleted User 75

Ya he's insane.

Also, fuck coach K.
Deleted User 183

DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I’m sure Zion is special, but those highlights showed mostly wide open slams on design plays. Surely better completion will better allow his gifts to be displayed.
Deleted User 75

He's shooting some ridiculous % from the field....like Dok type of numbers. He doesn't settle for jumpers and isn't trying to prove he can shoot 3s. He will shoot some, but he mostly is very aggressive getting to the rim and if he can't he seems content dishing off and creating for others.