NCAA 20-21

Kansas Basketball.
NewtonHawk11

Re: NCAA 20-21

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Deandre Jordan, Spencer Dinwiddie is close to opting out.

Nuggets are closing their facility. Which seems problematic.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:56 am On another topic:

Seeing all the issues beginning to occur with the nba restart, I am thinking is becoming increasingly unlikely there is college basketball this year.

More and more nba players testing positive...more and more nba players opting to withdraw themselves from the restart over health concerns. Same is happening with MLB.

Wouldn't be shocked if the nba restart is abandoned if an outbreak occurs. Wouldn't be shocked if NFL season doesnt happen at all. Not sure how MLB will do.
If you have legitimate pro aspirations (so, half our roster)...why would you play this year, for free?

We have no idea what the long-term effects of Covid-19 are, even (particularly?) among those who are not acutely affected when infected.

If my livelihood depended on, among other things, exceptional cardiovascular and pulmonary function...why in the world would I put those things at risk for free?

If there were, like, a 5% chance of not being able to read anymore after getting Covid-19, I (personally) would not engage in even the limited out-of-the-house activities in which I currently engage.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I said it before in another thread but if you find out that a NCAA's postseason ban would apply to this season and only this season, it might be a good way for both the NCAA and Kansas to save a drawn out battle.

Like the coaches in MLB.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

pdub wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:21 pm I said it before in another thread but if you find out that a NCAA's postseason ban would apply to this season and only this season, it might be a good way for both the NCAA and Kansas to save a drawn out battle.

Like the coaches in MLB.
I do wonder if it would count if there wasn't any post season for anyone...
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:26 am what's his dad do? If he's some career hoops guy - a coach or trainer or scout or something - then it at least kinda makes sense to start prep school. Or at least kinda smells a little less fishy.

But if he's a career plumber or banker or insurance salesman or whatever else, then what in the actual eff.
Bates' father, Elgin "E. J." Bates, played NCAA Division II basketball for Kentucky Wesleyan and played professionally for five years in Germany and Switzerland. E. J. manages the basketball training organization Bates Fundamentals and coaches its affiliated AAU team, which Emoni has played for.

Doesn't matter what he does for a living, the whole thing would still smell fishy. He cares as much about academics for this school as UNC cared about theirs for a decade of "My name is Rashad. I like Mac & Cheese. Give me an A." classes.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'm going to give that an A-.
You don't need to capitalize mac & cheese.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

Brand name proper noun.
Frosted Flakes aren't the same as frosted flakes.
I want the 100%! Roy might make me run if I don't get it.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

I remember when Prime Time started a prep school.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macaroni_and_cheese

If you had said Kraft Mac & Cheese, or Velveeta Mac & Cheese, then sure.
But mac & cheese by itself doesn't imply brand.

https://www.brandpoint.com/blog/capital ... per-nouns/

"When listed as a product, the cheese/wine type is always capitalized. For example: ABC Company Cajun-Spiced Cheddar Cheese. However if just cheddar cheese is used, it’s always lowercased."
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

"I'm not here to play school" - Cardale Jones
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

well specifically, it was "we ain't come to play school"
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

NDballer13 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:49 pm
ousdahl wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:26 am what's his dad do? If he's some career hoops guy - a coach or trainer or scout or something - then it at least kinda makes sense to start prep school. Or at least kinda smells a little less fishy.

But if he's a career plumber or banker or insurance salesman or whatever else, then what in the actual eff.
Bates' father, Elgin "E. J." Bates, played NCAA Division II basketball for Kentucky Wesleyan and played professionally for five years in Germany and Switzerland. E. J. manages the basketball training organization Bates Fundamentals and coaches its affiliated AAU team, which Emoni has played for.

Doesn't matter what he does for a living, the whole thing would still smell fishy. He cares as much about academics for this school as UNC cared about theirs for a decade of "My name is Rashad. I like Mac & Cheese. Give me an A." classes.
Who sponsors that AAU team that his dad gets paid to coach?
Deleted User 310

Probably whoever sponsors the school he committed to?

It didn't bother me with Josh Jackson's mom and it doesn't bother me with this kid and his parent.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Ivy League has cancelled all Fall Sports. Remember the last time this domino dropped?
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I know it irrelevant for direct KU news, but could be a jumpstart for more intra-state games. kstate and Wichita St starting a 4 game series. Charity game this fall.

2021 at Intrust Bank Arena in downtown Wichita
2022 at kstate
2023 at Sprint in KC
2024 at Wichita St
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Boo
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Hard pass on playing WSU. Wish we could stop playing KSU.

Every other school / program in the state is trash
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Deleted User 310

I don't understand why anyone would not want to play KState? They are our rival.

I mentioned that to my dad....from KC/graduated from KU...his response was "that person probably isn't from Kansas".