Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by ousdahl »

Doing it to avoid defeat would suggest some elements of foresight and strategy, which again, dunno if potus possesses.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:06 pm Doing it to avoid defeat would suggest some elements of foresight and strategy, which again, dunno if potus possesses.
While I agree....it is hard to keep up with how much of that he possesses in the eyes of some people. Sometimes he's a mastermind of conspiracies sending subliminal messages, other times he has no elements of foresight and strategy....it is all seemingly based on what the topic is. He can't be both imo.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:20 pm
ousdahl wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:06 pm Doing it to avoid defeat would suggest some elements of foresight and strategy, which again, dunno if potus possesses.
While I agree....it is hard to keep up with how much of that he possesses in the eyes of some people. Sometimes he's a mastermind of conspiracies sending subliminal messages, other times he has no elements of foresight and strategy....it is all seemingly based on what the topic is. He can't be both imo.
I tend to think the things that he says/does that fall into this category are direct regurgitations of things he hears from certain people close to him. I don't think he's got a subtle or cunning bone in his body.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Never resign.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

This week has brought statements by Bolton that Jared is the most powerful person in the White House, so it follows that:

Trump to Retaliate Against Russia by Sending Jared Kushner to Advise Kremlin on Coronavirus Response

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In an act of retaliation against the Russians for sponsoring Taliban attacks on U.S. troops in Afghanistan, Donald J. Trump is sending Jared Kushner to the Kremlin to offer advice on its coronavirus response, the White House confirmed on Monday.

“To all those who thought that this President was not taking the Russians’ actions seriously, this response should speak for itself,” the White House press secretary, Kayleigh McEnany, said. “The President had an array of responses to choose from, and the one he selected is by far the most punishing.”

According to White House insiders, Trump and his advisers debated the response to the Russians for hours before finally settling on the Kushner option late Sunday night.

“Jared Kushner is the most brutal weapon in our arsenal, and deploying him is a decision that no one should ever take lightly,” one adviser said.

McEnany indicated that Kushner will be dispatched to the Kremlin by Monday afternoon and will start advising the Kremlin on ventilators, personal protective equipment, and other coronavirus-related matters as early as Tuesday.

“He will bring Russia to its knees,” she said.

Many in Washington were surprised by the severity of Trump’s retaliation against the Russians, including the esteemed virologist Dr. Anthony Fauci.

“I know that the Russians are our enemies, but I’m still not sure I would wish Jared Kushner on them,” he said.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowit ... s-response
Don't inject Lysol.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:18 am
twocoach wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:54 am
jfish26 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:42 am https://twitter.com/rgoodlaw/status/127 ... 77036?s=21

I of course do not disagree in substance, but I am obliged to point out that things getting exponentially worse is sort of this administration’s thing.
It would only get worse if Republicans in this country or in Congress gave a shit about anything this piece of crap does. Since they don't, it will last maybe 2 more days in the news cycle and will disappear just like the thousand other "this could get bad for Trump" stunning events that have happened in the last 3+ years.
I feel like I've said this six dozen times (and been let down six dozen times), but...maybe?

It's clear that this story was leaked by the military/intelligence community. The military also rebuked him as strongly as you could reasonably expect over the force projection stuff.

If the ground under his feet becomes shaky as far as military support, that could contribute on the GOP finally cutting bait.
IF
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

sdoyel wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:41 pm Trump is going to resign before November.

I used to think there was no way it would happen, but I can see it now...
No way.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:28 pm
I tend to think the things that he says/does that fall into this category are direct regurgitations of things he hears from certain people close to him. I don't think he's got a subtle or cunning bone in his body.
Agree 100%.

He is an idiot.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

It likely just depends on how much he paid attention to whatever he was told last. He has no intellectual abilities of his own; he just makes mostly failed attempts to regurgitate what he hears that he thinks helps support his angle.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

So best case scenario in this whole Russian Bountygate thing is that our President doesnt ever read his daily briefing reports and chooses to only receive oral briefings a few days a week, right? That's fucking pathetic. What a lazy, apathetic fuck.

To think that people are OK with four more years of this clown utterly failing at even the most basic parts of his job just saddens me.
Last edited by twocoach on Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:54 am So best case scenario in this whole Russian Bountygate thing is that our President doesnt ever read his daily briefing reports and chooses to only receive oral briefings a few days a week, right? That's fucking pathetic.
And, here in your best case scenario, we have confirmation that our weak-minded, fourth-grade-maturity president has successfully surrounded himself - with the Senate's permission - with people terrified to tell him anything he doesn't want to hear.

Even when US servicemembers are dying as a result.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I would also contrast this (from yesterday):

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white- ... e-n1232495
The video remained on the president's Twitter page, where he has 82 million followers, for more than three hours because White House officials couldn't reach him to ask him to delete it, the two officials said. The president was at his golf club in Virginia and had put his phone down, the officials said.
..with this (also yesterday):

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/29/politics ... index.html
Erdogan became so adept at knowing when to reach the President directly that some White House aides became convinced that Turkey's security services in Washington were using Trump's schedule and whereabouts to provide Erdogan with information about when the President would be available for a call.

On some occasions Erdogan reached him on the golf course and Trump would delay play while the two spoke at length.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

dolomite wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:09 am
twocoach wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:54 am
jfish26 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:42 am [tweet omitted]

I of course do not disagree in substance, but I am obliged to point out that things getting exponentially worse is sort of this administration’s thing.
It would only get worse if Republicans in this country or in Congress gave a shit about anything this piece of crap does. Since they don't, it will last maybe 2 more days in the news cycle and will disappear just like the thousand other "this could get bad for Trump" stunning events that have happened in the last 3+ years.
How do we prove that the Russians are paying the Taliban bounties on American soldiers heads? The Taliban have been doing this for years.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/30/us/p ... gence.html
American officials intercepted electronic data showing large financial transfers from a bank account controlled by Russia’s military intelligence agency to a Taliban-linked account, which was among the evidence that supported their conclusion that Russia covertly offered bounties for killing U.S. and coalition troops in Afghanistan, according to three officials familiar with the intelligence.

Though the United States has accused Russia of providing general support to the Taliban before, analysts concluded from other intelligence that the transfers were most likely part of a bounty program that detainees described during interrogations.

[...]

The intercepts bolstered the findings gleaned from the interrogations, helping reduce an earlier disagreement among intelligence analysts and agencies over the reliability of the detainees. The disclosures further undercut White House officials’ claim that the intelligence was too uncertain to brief President Trump. In fact, the information was provided to him in his daily written brief in late February, two officials have said.

Afghan officials this week described a sequence of events that dovetails with the account of the intelligence. They said that several businessmen who transfer money through the informal “hawala” system were arrested in Afghanistan over the past six months and are suspected of being part of a ring of middlemen who operated between the Russian intelligence agency, known as the G.R.U., and Taliban-linked militants. The businessmen were arrested in what the officials described as sweeping raids in the north of Afghanistan, as well as in Kabul.

A half-million dollars was seized from the home of one of the men, added a provincial official. The New York Times had previously reported that the recovery of an unusually large amount of cash in a raid was an early piece in the puzzle that investigators put together.

[...]

The administration officials did not mention anything in the House Republican briefing about intercepted data tracking financial transfers, both of the people familiar with it said.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Couldn’t decide where to put my thoughts on this, but decided here bc dumb duck is the reason it’s an issue to being with.

And that is that many in GOP and other right leaning sources are now starting to ‘embrace’ the use of wearing masks.

It’s baffling how this has been an issue at all. And fuck this orange clown for making it one. It also shows how fucking gross we are as a society.

But, again, seems to be getting better with many wearing mask that weren’t previously. Pence, McConnell, etc.

Now, if they’d just sound off that wearing one might be universally good for now, not just in areas we see an increase in cases....the continuation of being reactive on this issue (which costs $0 to economy) is absurd and irresponsible.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Gqcolorado wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:47 pm Couldn’t decide where to put my thoughts on this, but decided here bc dumb duck is the reason it’s an issue to being with.

And that is that many in GOP and other right leaning sources are now starting to ‘embrace’ the use of wearing masks.

It’s baffling how this has been an issue at all. And fuck this orange clown for making it one. It also shows how fucking gross we are as a society.

But, again, seems to be getting better with many wearing mask that weren’t previously. Pence, McConnell, etc.

Now, if they’d just sound off that wearing one might be universally good for now, not just in areas we see an increase in cases....the continuation of being reactive on this issue (which costs $0 to economy) is absurd and irresponsible.
And wearing a mask is the best way to get our economy back open and running, get people back into churches and sporting events, workplaces and activities.

But some just can't handle being told what to do. It's just being adult toddlers.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Again, this is squarely on Trump. And then all the leaders that did not go against him on the issue.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I don't understand the whole opposition to the mask thing. I mean, you put your kid in a car seat, right. By law. WTF is the difference?
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

mah rights.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Could have gone on numerous threads. Figured this is/was a good one.

seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Don't inject Lysol.