Ugh.
TDub
Contributor

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by TDub »

NiceDC wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:20 am
TDub wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:19 am
NiceDC wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:17 am
Again, they are looking for excuses, just like TDub. If they don't like Biden or Trump, fine, don't vote, or vote for whom you think will best serve. But if they are going to equate the two, then that's just silly.
im not looking for excuses. Biden is mentally deficient. Trump is mentally deficient.

Why cant we have Pete, or Amy?
The gay dude that wants to be Barack or the mean lady that makes you eat salads with a comb?

Well, i see you've given up any dialogue. So, I'll see ya on the flipside.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 318

Post by Deleted User 318 »

My point was everyone was going to have issues that were going to be glommed on by folks. No one was perfect. If they were, they'd be the nominee. We got what we got. Potato 2020 should be everyone's choice.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Sure, nobody is perfect...but i also refuse to believe that all men have sexual harsassment/assault issues. Obama surely didnt...you know why? He treats women respectfully and doesn't make them feel uncomfortable.
Deleted User 318

jfish26 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:09 am
jfish26 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:02 am

My stepmom had a series of mini-strokes around ten years before she died. Some of the effects were paranoia, loss of balance/motor skills and fixation on things that happened pre-strokes (and inability to process time and details post-strokes).
I'll add that - and this is obviously quite anecdotal - diet sodas and other things with artificial sweeteners really seemed to have an aggravating effect on her symptoms.

Honest question because we lost Shirley, what sort of motor skills were lost? A lot of weird videos of Trump tripping and losing balance lately. I hate to put on the tinfoil hit, but something has to be up with that Walter Reed visit last year.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Those are sure...words.
Deleted User 318

jfish26 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:25 pm Those are sure...words.
The best words?

https://youtu.be/Kn283OjPb1g
Deleted User 310

Is it November yet?
Deleted User 318

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:56 pm Is it January yet?
Fixed. Lame duck Trump is going to be brutal.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:01 pm Sure, nobody is perfect...but i also refuse to believe that all men have sexual harsassment/assault issues. Obama surely didnt...you know why? He treats women respectfully and doesn't make them feel uncomfortable.
Biden doesn't have sexual assault issues
Deleted User 310

Mjl wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:05 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:01 pm Sure, nobody is perfect...but i also refuse to believe that all men have sexual harsassment/assault issues. Obama surely didnt...you know why? He treats women respectfully and doesn't make them feel uncomfortable.
Tara Reade?

And aside from her it doesnt have to be assault to be wrong. Touching women in ways that makes them feel uncomfortable is wrong and at the very least is harrassment.

I am not saying the allegations are true because how could i possibly know, but i dont think good men typically have multiple women make allegations like that against them.
Deleted User 310

NiceDC wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:59 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:56 pm Is it January yet?
Fixed. Lame duck Trump is going to be brutal.
No doubt. Probably the worst 2 months his entire 4 years.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:13 pm
Tara Reade?

And aside from her it doesnt have to be assault to be wrong. Touching women in ways that makes them feel uncomfortable is wrong and at the very least is harrassment.

I am not saying the allegations are true because how could i possibly know, but i dont think good men typically have multiple women make allegations like that against them.
in a perfect world, you’re absolutely right

however, i know plenty of older men, biden’s age and older, that have said things to younger women, and even put a hand on the shoulder or small of their back, making the women uncomfortable. two cases happened with my wife...she took it in stride, knowing that they were/are just “dirty old men”.

that doesn’t make it right or ok, and i’m not saying that biden is a dirty old man. all i’m saying is that people have different thresholds for what makes them uncomfortable, and that (at least imo) these sorts of situations are overwhelmingly harmless
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Tara Reade?

Have you read up on the Tara Reade claims? There's a reason people aren't talking about that anymore.

I don't doubt or condone the sexual harassment, but to equate that to sexual assault is ridiculous.
Deleted User 310

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:24 pm

Tara Reade?

in a perfect world, you’re absolutely right

however, i know plenty of older men, biden’s age and older, that have said things to younger women, and even put a hand on the shoulder or small of their back, making the women uncomfortable. two cases happened with my wife...she took it in stride, knowing that they were/are just “dirty old men”.

that doesn’t make it right or ok, and i’m not saying that biden is a dirty old man. all i’m saying is that people have different thresholds for what makes them uncomfortable, and that (at least imo) these sorts of situations are overwhelmingly harmless
The threshold is certainly changing, and rightfully so...my wife has had similar things happen (verbally) that weren't appropriate, but that she sort of just brushed off....the point is women shouldnt have to do that (which we clearly agree about).
Deleted User 310

Mjl wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:31 pm

Tara Reade?

Have you read up on the Tara Reade claims? There's a reason people aren't talking about that anymore.

I don't doubt or condone the sexual harassment, but to equate that to sexual assault is ridiculous.
“He just had me up against the wall, and the wall was cold. And I remember, he— it happened all at once. The gym bag, I don’t know where it went, I handed it to him, it was gone, and then his hands were on me, and underneath my clothes,” Reade said. “He went down my skirt, but then up inside it, and he penetrated me with his fingers.”

If true, that scenario is absolutely sexual assault.
Deleted User 318

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:37 pm

Tara Reade?

“He just had me up against the wall, and the wall was cold. And I remember, he— it happened all at once. The gym bag, I don’t know where it went, I handed it to him, it was gone, and then his hands were on me, and underneath my clothes,” Reade said. “He went down my skirt, but then up inside it, and he penetrated me with his fingers.”

Absolutely, if true. Reade changed her story constantly, and basically every facet of her story was proven inaccurate. It was something like they weren't in the same city when alleged, the location did not exist, investigation journalist (Times, AP, WaPo, Politico all did independent investigations) interviewed hundreds of staffers and people who knew Reade, and nothing corroborated her story. When Biden said he would cooperate with the investigation, she changed the terms and story. Also, she was making political statements against Biden (that he should exit the race) at the same time. Nothing about her story seems kosher. Women should be heard. But everyone was giving her the outlet to be heard, and she didn't take advantage of it.
Deleted User 310

NiceDC wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:47 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:37 pm

Absolutely, if true. Reade changed her story constantly, and basically every facet of her story was proven inaccurate. It was something like they weren't in the same city when alleged, the location did not exist, investigation journalist (Times, AP, WaPo, Politico all did independent investigations) interviewed hundreds of staffers and people who knew Reade, and nothing corroborated her story. When Biden said he would cooperate with the investigation, she changed the terms and story. Also, she was making political statements against Biden (that he should exit the race) at the same time. Nothing about her story seems kosher. Women should be heard. But everyone was giving her the outlet to be heard, and she didn't take advantage of it.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... n-accuser/

I will browse other articles....tbh, he is getting my vote regardless.....but like i mentioned earlier i can see why it might be a deal breaker for some women.
Deleted User 318

Did you read the article you posted?

Mid-to-late May: Reports about Reade’s background either raise questions about specific aspects of Reade’s accusation, like why she left Biden’s office, or detail a past life with contradictions and sometimes inconsistencies about what she says happened in her life. Like:
New reporting highlights Reade's inconsistencies
PBS NewsHour interviewed 74 former Biden staffers, most of them women, who said Biden was respectful to them. He was not on a list of “creepy” senators young women were told to avoid. The staffers said that the general area that Reade alleges the incident took place likely would have been public and busy, so it would have been a brazen attack.
Politico reported that later in Reade’s life, she “left a trail of aggrieved acquaintances in California’s Central Coast region who say they remember two things about her — she spoke favorably about her time working for Biden, and she left them feeling duped,” specifically related to rent payments as Reade often struggled for money.

The Associated Press reports on Reade’s childhood, where Reade said she was abused by her father. They also say that one of Reade’s key corroborators, an anonymous friend who worked in the U.S. Senate with Reade and described throwing up upon hearing the accusation, did not initially mention that in an interview last year. This friend “confirmed Reade’s original, limited account of harassment by Biden. When Reade added assault to her allegation in March of this year, this friend also added those details to her own recollection.”
CNN reports on Reade’s troubled marriage, a relationship that she was in while she worked in Washington. Reade alleges her ex-husband was abusive. (He denied in court records all but one instance of violence against Reade.) She got a temporary restraining order, changed her name and said she graduated from Antioch University under a “protected program” and became visiting professor. The university told CNN there never was such a program for domestic violence victims, that she never graduated nor was she a faculty member, though she provided “several hours of administrative work."
The New York Times interviewed interviewed nearly 100 people in Reade’s past and gathered a picture of someone who had, in her retelling her of her life, exaggerated and falsified parts of her biography, from her childhood skiing days to her job title in Biden’s office. Reade has said she suffered abuse a child, and the Times also found she struggled with money throughout her adult life, and used people’s generosity in a way that left some friends and landlords feeling duped.

For nearly a decade in California, Reade worked as an expert on domestic violence whose testimony was used in the courtroom prosecutions. The New York Times reports that, as a result of questions about Reade’s education, public defenders in California have started reviewing cases where Reade’s involvement helped lead to a conviction, concerned she did not have the expertise that she claimed to have. Politico reports that a district attorneys office in California has launched an investigation to see if Reade lied on the witness stand about her credentials while acting as an expert witness in trials.
Deleted User 310

NiceDC wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:04 pm Did you read the article you posted?

Mid-to-late May: Reports about Reade’s background either raise questions about specific aspects of Reade’s accusation, like why she left Biden’s office, or detail a past life with contradictions and sometimes inconsistencies about what she says happened in her life. Like:
New reporting highlights Reade's inconsistencies
PBS NewsHour interviewed 74 former Biden staffers, most of them women, who said Biden was respectful to them. He was not on a list of “creepy” senators young women were told to avoid. The staffers said that the general area that Reade alleges the incident took place likely would have been public and busy, so it would have been a brazen attack.
Politico reported that later in Reade’s life, she “left a trail of aggrieved acquaintances in California’s Central Coast region who say they remember two things about her — she spoke favorably about her time working for Biden, and she left them feeling duped,” specifically related to rent payments as Reade often struggled for money.

The Associated Press reports on Reade’s childhood, where Reade said she was abused by her father. They also say that one of Reade’s key corroborators, an anonymous friend who worked in the U.S. Senate with Reade and described throwing up upon hearing the accusation, did not initially mention that in an interview last year. This friend “confirmed Reade’s original, limited account of harassment by Biden. When Reade added assault to her allegation in March of this year, this friend also added those details to her own recollection.”
CNN reports on Reade’s troubled marriage, a relationship that she was in while she worked in Washington. Reade alleges her ex-husband was abusive. (He denied in court records all but one instance of violence against Reade.) She got a temporary restraining order, changed her name and said she graduated from Antioch University under a “protected program” and became visiting professor. The university told CNN there never was such a program for domestic violence victims, that she never graduated nor was she a faculty member, though she provided “several hours of administrative work."
The New York Times interviewed interviewed nearly 100 people in Reade’s past and gathered a picture of someone who had, in her retelling her of her life, exaggerated and falsified parts of her biography, from her childhood skiing days to her job title in Biden’s office. Reade has said she suffered abuse a child, and the Times also found she struggled with money throughout her adult life, and used people’s generosity in a way that left some friends and landlords feeling duped.

For nearly a decade in California, Reade worked as an expert on domestic violence whose testimony was used in the courtroom prosecutions. The New York Times reports that, as a result of questions about Reade’s education, public defenders in California have started reviewing cases where Reade’s involvement helped lead to a conviction, concerned she did not have the expertise that she claimed to have. Politico reports that a district attorneys office in California has launched an investigation to see if Reade lied on the witness stand about her credentials while acting as an expert witness in trials.
Yes i read the article...you are the one who mentioned the WaPo article...so i was just posting that for others (since I figured that was the one you were referring to), not as a rebuttal to your post to me about the issues with her story.

Sorry my last comment was confusing...i was more referring to the touching/groping claims, and his response to it about "how times have changed", necessarily the Reade claims in particular. Just an overall thing.