George Floyd and the Ensuing Protests

Ugh.
Deleted User 310

Re: George Floyd and the Ensuing Protests

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Speaking of "authoritah"....this female cop should find a new career path. She is way too scared. Back up and holding onto her gun over running a stop sign? Unacceptable.

https://www.facebook.com/VinniePolitanC ... 948127526/
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Not sitting through 30 minute of that. Cop should have just run his license and be done with it.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 310

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:07 pm Not sitting through 30 minute of that. Cop should have just run his license and be done with it.
The first 5min are really all you need to see. Nothing happens. The fact she stood there with her hand on her gun instead of deescalating the situation was what i have a problem with.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:47 pm
Walrus wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:08 am Another week, another BLM activist murders some people.

https://wearesc.com/forum/index.php?thr ... ple.73306/
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:09 pm
ousdahl wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:27 am If you read lobster’s link, and keep clicking through to the other links reporting, it says two victims were white and one was black.

That suggests that this dude may not be any kind of BLM activist, since his actions indicate at least one black life didn’t matter to him.

There’s also a bit from the owner: "Social media is full of people saying this happened and that happened and wanted to get political with it; there was nothing political about what happened”
Shocking. Media outlets/people pushing a narrative that fits their agenda!

Rhynes, who has no violent criminal history prior to Friday's shootings, was wearing a shirt that said "#Freedom," Burbrink said Monday, and included an image of the faces of Muhammad Ali and Colin Kaepernick. The detective said Breonna Taylor, the 26-year-old Black woman shot and killed by LMPD officers this year in a case that has sparked more than 100 days of protests in the city, was not referenced on the shirt...

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/n ... 855986002/
So, I don't come on here too often anymore, but was just wondering - has Walrus/Lobby posted an apology for linking to a complete bullshit article blaming BLM for murdering three people?

If not, I'm sure it's coming soon. Keep me posted. Thanks and bye.
Deleted User 310

Does anyone here think the cops who shot Breonna Taylor should be charged with murder? They should definitely be charged for acting recklessly and fired for arresting her boyfriend and trying to coerce her ex into falsely accusing her of selling drugs.

I don't know why anyone is surprised at this outcome. Her boyfriend fired the first shot, which is an important fact. It was not likely to result in murder charges.

I do think whoever obtained/filed for the warrant should be fired because an innocent woman lost her life due to their negligence. There seems to be no meaningful evidence that they needed to raid that apartment. The man they were looking for was already in their custody.

I have a feeling this is going to be a bad night in Louisville.

CNN is doing nothing but fanning the flames.

*edit*: 1 cop has already been shot.
Deleted User 310

Lawyer from Kentucky making an awfully good argument that the police can't kill an innocent 3rd party under the excuse of self defense. Basically you have to identify the immenent threat and you are authorized to use deadly force on them, but her BF firing shots doesn't mean it is okay to accidentally kill her firing wildly into her apartment.

What a mess.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I'm not sure I can answer your question with a yes or no. I think that question depends on what hinges on what facts. Anyone got a good breakdown of what exactly went down? But maybe that's another way of saying, maybe it'd be a better question for a jury.

I am sure this is EXACTLY the kind of shit we don't want cops doing though. we should be able to sleep in our own beds without of fear of gummint busting down our door and killing us.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

here's a couple like super legally binding thoughts to consider:

- the "any other person" test. Could any other person in society pull this shit and still get off? In some instances of police killing people of color, yeah, sure, it's easily understood why a cop had to defend himself cuz anyone else would be permitted to do the same under similar circumstances. But if any other person in society busted in and started spraying a random apartment, we'd all be so appalled.

- the race test. I know, I know. But, just hypothetically, what if cops pulled this same shit on a white couple? How would Fox News report a promising young white woman killed in her own bed? Would Tucker Carlson give credit to the licensed-to-carry boyfriend for trying to maintain order when no one else would? Would he be invited to speak at the RNC? Would lobster be posting youtube vids about why it's absurd for a lawful gun owner shooting an intruder to be charged with attempted murder?

- the professional test. cops, uh, botched everything every step of the way. Their prior intel was apparently weak. All their accounts conflict with all the witnesses. The initial report was almost entirely blank, except that no forced entry occurred and that Breonna Taylor suffered no injuries. They say they weren't wearing body cams, but photos from the day of suggest otherwise. does any other profession accept so little accountability, and so much margin for error?

the whole thing's just so rotten.

I'm sure I could go on. I need to go to bed.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Also why, exactly, is the AG not releasing the grand jury report?

Like, what was the racial makeup of the grand jury, chief?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh, but good — there’s still a federal investigation into whether Taylor’s civil rights were violated.

Uhhh...
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:43 pm here's a couple like super legally binding thoughts to consider:

- the "any other person" test. Could any other person in society pull this shit and still get off? In some instances of police killing people of color, yeah, sure, it's easily understood why a cop had to defend himself cuz anyone else would be permitted to do the same under similar circumstances. But if any other person in society busted in and started spraying a random apartment, we'd all be so appalled.

- the race test. I know, I know. But, just hypothetically, what if cops pulled this same shit on a white couple? How would Fox News report a promising young white woman killed in her own bed? Would Tucker Carlson give credit to the licensed-to-carry boyfriend for trying to maintain order when no one else would? Would he be invited to speak at the RNC? Would lobster be posting youtube vids about why it's absurd for a lawful gun owner shooting an intruder to be charged with attempted murder?

- the professional test. cops, uh, botched everything every step of the way. Their prior intel was apparently weak. All their accounts conflict with all the witnesses. The initial report was almost entirely blank, except that no forced entry occurred and that Breonna Taylor suffered no injuries. They say they weren't wearing body cams, but photos from the day of suggest otherwise. does any other profession accept so little accountability, and so much margin for error?

You missed "cops sent away the on-call ambulance an hour before the raid (which is against protocol) and gave Taylor zero medical attention for 20 minutes while she lay on the floor bleeding from her wounds" but yes, I agree with you.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i hadn’t heard that part of the story

fucking shameful

more and more, i’m feeling like this country deserves to burn to the ground
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, weren’t there reasons to cast doubt on the intel before they even kicked down the door? Like messages from detectives saying “you’re not gonna find anything at this property”

I even saw one report that said over a minute had lapsed between the boyfriend’s defensive shot and the cops lighting the place up...wut? And also, after they shot then place up, they didn’t even search for drugs?

I wish I could find that report now. Heck, I wish I could just read the timeline of facts considered in the grand jury report, but we don’t even get that.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

twocoach wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:51 am
ousdahl wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:43 pm here's a couple like super legally binding thoughts to consider:

You missed "cops sent away the on-call ambulance an hour before the raid (which is against protocol) and gave Taylor zero medical attention for 20 minutes while she lay on the floor bleeding from her wounds" but yes, I agree with you.
To expand upon the race test - or better yet, to take race entirely out of it - how about the “how would I feel if Breonna was my own daughter“ test?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

report on the news said the only charges were for shots fired into white neighbor’s apt next door...even though other shots were fired into black neighbor’s apt above

this is what attorney for family said
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:34 am report on the news said the only charges were for shots fired into white neighbor’s apt next door...even though other shots were fired into black neighbor’s apt above

this is what attorney for family said
If that's true, not a good look.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

“A cop shot a black woman and was only charged for the shots that missed”
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:23 am “A cop shot a black woman and was only charged for the shots that missed”
Sorta. The charges were for the cop that didn't have line of sight. If he would have had a clear line of sight and missed then there wouldn't have been any charges at all.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Do you have a good breakdown of the facts and the legal reasoning?